CC: please start a 70+ category

Canuker

9 minutes ago, honumaui said:

We are with you Lois. Although we are in pretty good health for 78 and 79 we will only fly Business to Europe now which is why we cruise there on Regent.  We also like Oceania and are booked on them for Alaska ( second time) next year.  Our favorite for the Carib. is the Wind Surf. The sails make us feel young! Did two b to b 's on it a few years ago. We also like the size of their Motorized yachts. Booked on them for Canadian east  coast for the second time next year too.  As we get older we prefer to stay away from the crowds on the big ships. Sometimes I think just looking forward to these cruises is helping us to stay healthy. Walking the dog every day and playing pickle ball also helps !

Hi, I normally sail with Silversea and they usually offer a really good price on Business Class flights to Europe.....so I book with them as you book with Regent.  We both must love the small ships😃

One of the perks we allow ourselves is that we almost always fly business class or first class nowadays - especially on overseas flights.  Only an occasional crying child up front,  nobody kicking the back of our seats, nobody leaning back into our space, and nobody hogging an armrest.  Plus, we are treated as an honored guest, not baggage.

Since we are flying there anyway, going first class only costs the difference.  Well worth it.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 7:17 AM, SargassoPirate said:

I'll brag a bit.  I'll be 70 soon.  I still ride my Harley, still play with cars, and take no prescription medications. I never smoked, don't overeat, but do enjoy a wee dram in the evening.  I do notice the odd aches and pains a little more than ten years ago, but my philosophy is to move it or lose it.  I keep crossing off items on my bucket list and keep adding to it.  A lot of aging gracefully is attitude.

Every day is a gift not to be wasted.

Good  for you 

Great to be healthy

DH  just turned 74   & had to trade in his 2 wheeler for  a 3 wheeler after  he had  bad break on his ankle  a few years ago but still enjoys riding  when the weather is good

Enjoy life

• 4 weeks later...

I keep crossing off items on my bucket list and keep adding to it.  A lot of aging gracefully is attitude.

So agree!  Each day is a precious gift from our heavenly Father.  

Aging gracefully is attitude until it isn't.  My attitude has not changed.  My mental ability remains very good.  My physical body seems to have had other plans.  I am having difficultly to "gracefully" accepting this.  Maureen McGovern's The Morning After is my theme song now.  Tomorrow, I will be better than I am today.  And, I am glad to say, I am better now than I was a few months ago.

I have three goals that I want to achieve at this stage of my life.  Having those goals helps me to keep slogging some days when "today is not as good as yesterday".    

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

As am I .

Well, Happy Birthday! I hope your day is more exciting than mine will be! I volunteer at the city visitor center on the historic Natchez Trace. So, I will be smiling and welcoming travelers all afternoon! 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sixtytwo said:

Well, Happy Birthday! I hope your day is more exciting than mine will be! I volunteer at the city visitor center on the historic Natchez Trace. So, I will be smiling and welcoming travelers all afternoon! 🙄

I meant I am looking forward to me days of cruising.I will be 79 on my next birthday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, Izena said:

Just found interesting info .    Same for Carnival,  Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.  ( I’m sure others but only interested in those).  New criteria for guests 70 and older must get a Dr,  release that they are healthy enough to sail.  Not sure if this is temporary.

Read through this and realized that the actual issue of if this was actually required was not really addressed. The entry was posted March 2020 -as you may remember - just at the start of this COVID fiasco when nobody really knew what was going to happen. 

I found an article from April 27th 2020 that these notes would not be required:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5322/

"In a video presentation to travel agents, Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President of Sales and Trade Support, Vicki Freed, confirmed that the notes would no longer be required once cruise operations resume.

"We found out that CLIA did actually change this requirement on April 3rd," said Freed. "A health form is no longer required for those travelers ages 70 plus, nor are there restrictions for those guests with underlying health conditions."

So this age note thing had about a three week lifespan - and good riddance to it

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, RGEDad said:

"We found out that CLIA did actually change this requirement on April 3rd," said Freed. "A health form is no longer required for those travelers ages 70 plus, nor are there restrictions for those guests with underlying health conditions."

So this age note thing had about a three week lifespan - and good riddance to it

Thank goodness for that.  Thanks for posting.  We are 76 and 77 presently.

I'll brag a bit.  I'll be 70 soon.  I still ride my Harley, still play with cars, and take no prescription medications. I never smoked, don't overeat, but do enjoy a wee dram in the evening.  I do notice the odd aches and pains a little more than ten years ago, but my philosophy is to move it or lose it.  I keep crossing off items on my bucket list and keep adding to it.  A lot of aging gracefully is attitude.

I'm 70, have three motorcycles (ride well over 10,000 miles a year), and am a patchholder in a 1% MC. And they ride hard, fast and in formation. Yeah, I've slowed down in some ways but still love to travel, hike and have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 12:01 AM, Izena said:

Just found interesting info .    Same for Carnival,  Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.  ( I’m sure others but only interested in those).  New criteria for guests 70 and older must get a Dr,  release that they are healthy enough to sail.  Not sure if this is temporary.

I just cruised in September I didn't have any problem. I'm 73

7 hours ago, sandrajean123 said:

I just cruised in September I didn't have any problem. I'm 73

The post you are quoting is from March 18th of 2020 - as the pandemic was really starting to create a lot of confusion, concern, and even panic in some places.  

No surprise if 1.5 years later, things are different.  A lot more is understood now, there are precautions, there are vaccinations, etc...

GC

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 12:01 AM, Izena said:

I'm looked on 3 cruises. No 1 asked me for anything. I'm 73