Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

14 hours ago, arxcards said:

I still remember reports from her final days in the washing machine south of UnZud. The cam shots were bad enough.

Indeed, we had Force 12 gale with 12 metre seas after Dunedin, rounding 'The Bluff.' We had to throttle back to 8 knots and missed the Fjords. The ship was damaged.Ā  Ā Another year we went into the Fjords on Celebrity Solstice.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 8:17 AM, Hogbay said:

Have transferred to pacific Explorer 14july and 27 July 2022 both bookings seem to be in limbo .

Were these swapped over from Pacific Adventure? We also had two cruises on Adventure, but we cancelled them for future cruise credits during the swap. For those, we are yet to get the credits. We also had a cancel/swap cruise on Princess.

Ā 

We were told by our TA to expect up to 45 days for the new replacement booking number. We got the Princess one last weekend, so they are working through them. For Princess it was one ship being changed, P&O might be a bit longer for two shipsĀ 

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Were these swapped over from Pacific Adventure? We also had two cruises on Adventure, but we cancelled them for future cruise credits during the swap. For those, we are yet to get the credits. We also had a cancel/swap cruise on Princess.

Ā 

We were told by our TA to expect up to 45 days for the new replacement booking number. We got the Princess one last weekend, so they are working through them. For Princess it was one ship being changed, P&O might be a bit longer for two shipsĀ 

Yes both were Pacific Adventure re bookings ,just booked 1july too and looking at 9 July šŸ˜

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Ā 

I had my June 14th cruise cancelled on the Pacific Adventure and I rebooked that day on the Explorer for a cheaper price for exactly the same itinerary. It was only because someone on here mentioned that the replacement cruises had been released that I acted so quickly and was able to book a great room.

I still have to get my replacement booking number for the next year but there is plenty of time. I only had two dollars riding on it anyway so not worried at all.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I had my June 14th cruise cancelled on the Pacific Adventure and I rebooked that day on the Explorer for a cheaper price for exactly the same itinerary. It was only because someone on here mentioned that the replacement cruises had been released that I acted so quickly and was able to book a great room.

I still have to get my replacement booking number for the next year but there is plenty of time. I only had two dollars riding on it anyway so not worried at all.

With a cheaper deal, it works out better to cancel the existing and rebook fresh instead of swapping your existing deal over.

Ā 

For these early cruises some people have been caught out - they have paid in full except for the credits they are waiting to get swapped over to finalise the payment. When the credits haven't been transferred by final payment day, P&O has cancelled the booking and applied a hefty cancellation fee. I am sure they can get this all sorted over the phone with an experienced bunny, but it is a potential trap.

P&O Cruises Australia is excited to announce our flagship Pacific Explorer is coming home on 18 April ā€” and YOUā€™RE invited!! šŸ„³šŸ¤©
Our loyal Cruiselings, weā€™d love you to join the celebration to witness this historic moment in Sydney Harbourā€™s maritime heritage!
If youā€™re a ā€˜boatieā€™, join us on the water or watch from harbour foreshore vantage points from 930am on Easter Monday as Pacific Explorer makes her way from the Heads to the Overseas Passenger Terminal.
In doing so, you can be in the running to win a P&O cruise simply by posting your Pacific Explorer arrival images on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #pocruisesishome.*
Also donā€™t forget to tag @pocruises in all your wonderful footage from the day to be featured across our social channels.
We canā€™t wait to see you, your friends and your families to celebrate this momentous occasion! šŸ„³šŸ’™
Date: Monday 18 April, 2022:
The approximate timeline for Pacific Explorerā€™s arrival is:
9.30am ā€“ At Sydney Heads
10.00am ā€“ Rounding Bradleys Head
10.15am ā€“ Passing Fort Denison
10.20am ā€“ Passing the Opera House
10.30am ā€“ Alongside at the Overseas Passenger Terminal
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Hope Dora not exploring she looks like she's heading the right way but say she in West Australian waters ,NT have any sea ?Ā 

Screenshot_20220411-123724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d5665e3d24378557ac857e89212543f5.jpg

Arafura Sea. I guess the software doesn't recognise the specifics.

Ā 

That is a nice app, running off satellite AIS

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I am hoping she will do another AIS ping latter today, once she picks up the reef pilot.

She should. The pilot boats show up live on AIS, so she should be visible for a bit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

As I mentioned on another thread, we drove by Celebrity Eclipse and Soltice laying at anchor outside San Diego this morning.Ā 

I hope Solstice has fared well with her hiatus. I guess she would now be getting prepared for Alaska.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I hope Solstice has fared well with her hiatus. I guess she would now be getting prepared for Alaska.

She looked well although we did not get close. They both have the blue huls now, I think that was done some months ago in Shanghai. They should be getting ready for the transit up to Seattle for Solstice and Vancouver for Eclipse. I think that Eclipse is due in Vancouver May 13th or there abouts. I don't know if they are coming up empty or doing a Pacific Coastal cruise with passengers to reposition.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

As I mentioned on another thread, we drove by Celebrity Eclipse and Soltice laying at anchor outside San Diego this morning.Ā 

Yes, saw that on Marine Traffic. More importantly I see you are doing 9 knots in a Force 7 and you are well out to sea. Did you do a tour in San Diego, Lyle? It is a great place.

Edited by NSWP

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes, saw that on Marine Traffic. More importantly I see you are doing 9 knots in a Force 7 and you are well out to sea. Did you do a tour in San Diego, Lyle? It is a great place.

I'll answer on the different thread Les.

• Like 1