Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

4 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

Where are you seeing that she is under way?

image.png.2c734526c9f20eb65ad24afbbb688ef5.png

It is at the top of the details page. It just reads that way when they add a destination. Below she is still listed at anchor

• Like 1

We're is AU BOO Pilot Station ? Have not been on here for many years sailed on here when she was one . Booked 4 legs 14 th June 2022 first but got no paperwork or log in info .🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20220406-230831_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9bfd1bc684b675139321c4461ec532c.jpg

1 minute ago, Hogbay said:

To check out the booby birds 🐦 🤷‍♂️ or quarantine in Australian waters. 

While it would nice for the Captain to check out some boobys, it is just a rendezvous to pick-up their reef pilot.

From what I have seen from NSW health, the ship doesn't require quarantine as a whole, subject to pre-arrival testing of the crew. 

Have transferred to pacific Explorer 14july and 27 July 2022 both bookings seem to be in limbo .Still some time before 31May . Is she stopping at Bali for crew ? Have a hold on 1July,9july been a long wait. 

51 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Have transferred to pacific Explorer 14july and 27 July 2022 both bookings seem to be in limbo .Still some time before 31May . Is she stopping at Bali for crew ? Have a hold on 1July,9july been a long wait. 

No stop in Bali. They have boarded crew in Cyprus and Singapore. There is no restriction on any remaining crew flying into Sydney and boarding the ship in White Bay. They will have 5 weeks in Sydney to ensure all crew are healthy prior to any passengers boarding.

Long wait indeed. We cancelled a July booking when they swapped the ships around. We decided not to wait a day longer than 31st May.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

For a blast from the past, the former Pacific Dawn will be sailing from Tilbury later this month as the Ambiance.

She had a special place in my heart, after spending 54 nights in total on the Dawnie. I was glad she was saved from the scrap heap (unlike the Pacific Jewel).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

She had a special place in my heart, after spending 54 nights in total on the Dawnie. I was glad she was saved from the scrap heap (unlike the Pacific Jewel).

We were on last voyage of ye olde Regal Princess, September 2007, LA to Sydney, before she went off to Singapore for rebirth as Pacific Dawn. She was a fine vessel.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

We cruised many times on the Dawn and enjoyed every one. Not so much the Jewel. She wasn't our favourite. We went on her a few times including the inaugural cruise from Sydney to Tassie.

• Like 3

I had some problems with uploading my screen shots to my image host yesterday.

Here are some AIS screen shots of Pacific Explorer trip to Singapore:

Pacific Explorer arriving in to Singapore:

pacificexplorer05042022.jpg

pacificexplorer0504202202.jpg

Pacific Explorer anchored of Singapore:

pacificexplorer0504202203.jpg

Pacific Explorer starts her trip to Australia! :D

pacificexplorer06042022.jpg

278043523-2058551997648951-3064951088304

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

For a blast from the past, the former Pacific Dawn will be sailing from Tilbury later this month as the Ambiance.

I have a good online friend that has been waiting for her to arrive. It has taken longer than expected, and a few cruises cancelled, due to supply problems during her refit. Interestingly, Pacific Dawn had her first two scheduled cruises cancelled a few months prior  when they determined she would need a longer period in drydock.

37 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We cruised many times on the Dawn and enjoyed every one. Not so much the Jewel. She wasn't our favourite. We went on her a few times including the inaugural cruise from Sydney to Tassie.

Should have been two similar experiences, but we noticed the same. Partly the crew, and also Pacific Dawn was full of QLD passengers ready to cruise before they hit the terminal - a happier crowd.

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

I only noticed recently that she still lives in Brisbane. While the satellite view shows Pacific Aria, street (river) view gives you this 

https://www.google.com/maps/@-27.4423667,153.0673972,3a,75y,27.52h,99.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAF1QipPaW6gGfqBRhItEZlN6n8qbv8pk32IyhgupA7pz!2e10!7i8192!8i4096

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Me too, did 28 nights to Tahiti return in June 2008.

Booked a cabin Aft on Aloha so I could walk out the rear doors and sit in those two spas

28 days of heaven, she wasn't so P&O ised then, same Princess style buffet and decor etc.   

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We were on last voyage of ye olde Regal Princess, September 2007, LA to Sydney, before she went off to Singapore for rebirth as Pacific Dawn. She was a fine vessel.

So a pic of my model of ye olde Regal Princess, later Pacific Dawn. Purchased on board Sept 2007, one of my collection.

IMG_3247.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I still remember reports from her final days in the washing machine south of UnZud. The cam shots were bad enough.

• Like 2