Tell us what you miss most when not on a (HAL) cruise...

cruisemom42

So we can't indulge our love of cruising at the moment and maybe we are starting to get a little stir crazy from quarantining and social distancing...

Let's think of pleasant things to distract us while waiting for our next cruise. Share one specific thing (okay, two things if you must) that you enjoy the most while cruising and miss the most when the vacation is over. 

Bonus points if the "thing" is unique to HAL. And be specific -- don't just say "The smiling crew members." Give an example of how they made your day or your cruise special....

Having my meals prepared, being served by smiling, gracious waiters, with no dishes to wash.  The freedom to walk the Promenade Deck.  How I miss that as I self-quarantine due to my age.  Oh, to be on a HAL ship now!  Let's hope we work as a country to squash COVID-19, so all of us can return to normal, and that includes cruising.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Pass the bucket!  🤢🤣

"Et maintenant, would monsieur care for an aperitif, or would he prefer to order straightaway? Today, we have for appetizers - excuse me - uh, moules marinières, pâte de foie gras, beluga caviar, eggs Benedictine, tarte de poireaux - that's leek tart - frogs legs amandine or oeufs de caille Richard Shepherd - C'est à dire, little quails' eggs on a bed of pureed mushrooms. It's very delicate, very succulent."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

"Et maintenant, would monsieur care for an aperitif, or would he prefer to order straightaway? Today, we have for appetizers - excuse me - uh, moules marinières, pâte de foie gras, beluga caviar, eggs Benedictine, tarte de poireaux - that's leek tart - frogs legs amandine or oeufs de caille Richard Shepherd - C'est à dire, little quails' eggs on a bed of pureed mushrooms. It's very delicate, very succulent."

I'll have the whole lot. And I think I can only manage one crate today. 

And don't skimp on the pate!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Waking up, taking a shower with Elemis shower gel, shamefully dropping my towel on the floor, knowing breakfast is waiting for me, coming back to the cabin already cleaned, lots of smiles and good mornings from the staff ,walking the promenade deck, lido lunch, team trivia, afternoon nap, getting some ice cream in the Lido, dressing up for dinner, a lovely meal, catch a show, lay down on the great matress and falling asleep knowing tomorrow's gonna be the same !

Oh , how I miss it ! DAM !

• Like 5

The freshly made pancakes, waffles, and french toast, especially on the smaller ships.  That may not be a HAL exclusive but combined with 'after a stroll on a real promenade deck' it probably comes pretty close.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Promenade
  • Like 1

Besides missing everything of a HAL cruise, what stands out in my mind are:

the sea air

the motion of the ocean

peacefulness of sitting on a deck chair watching the ocean

the Philippino and Indonesian crew, they are the best on the high seas, hands down

heck I just plain miss sailing on a dam ship, period................

• Like 3