for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Wow, sounds like you are acquiring a good supply of adult beverages. I’m not sure about this since I’ve never made Limoncello but is one of the ingredients vodka by any chance? I think Debbie has made it so she would know.

I have my second batch of limoncello resting in the pantry right now. I can indeed vouch that it has vodka in it. The recipe I use calls for 100 proof.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I have my second batch of limoncello resting in the pantry right now. I can indeed vouch that it has vodka in it. The recipe I use calls for 100 proof.

I thought there was someone else who had made Limoncello but a senior moment crept in and I forgot it was you! Thanks for confirming that vodka is an ingredient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I have the Pranayma wrap and love it. And I think I already have and Uptempo long sleeve top. Maybe I should go look at the hoodie too?  

I've got 3 of the wraps - they are perfect for where I work.  They aren't too hot and are nice and soft.  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, awhfy said:

I know what you mean about dentist Sherry. I dread going. I have a post op appt from the bone grafts & implant removal on the 22nd...hoping it’s healing well & they can think about reimplanting (without titanium) soon

Good report from the dentist yesterday!   Melody, your dental experience scares the beejabbers out of me, from the dental issues I have had, I can see something similar in my future.  I hope you are healing well, too.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

It's a gray day here at work. It's a combination of a little spit of snow then a little spit of rain and maybe a bit of sun breaking through a cloud.  Ugh.  It's hard to stay awake on these kind of days.  No check-ins except for one owner who just says "hi" as he goes up the elevator.

I don't even care that the boss is still here.  Listening to John Legend right now.   It's my "Friday" so I just have to hold on for 6.45 more hours.

Sharon - I'm not surprised at SLC being lax at their mask enforcement.  There are a lot of anti-maskers living down in the Valley and would not be surprised if they worked at SLC.  The only places I go to down in The Valley are my ophthalmologist and Trader Joes.  Any place else is only on an emergency basis.  I'll just keep it that way and maybe add in REI if I need any camping stuff that I can't order online (gas for the stove, have to physically see the tent I want to buy).  

You all need to fly out here to visit my dentist and his team!!!  

I think I may make a batch of "Tito's Lemoncello" this Spring!  I just wish I could get some Amalfi lemons imported to use...  

OOTD:  Rerun "Friday" - that new Athleta hoodie and the Woolx leggings with the pockets (the hoodie doesn't have pockets and I need a place to put my keys and condo iPhone.  

• Like 1

Well we’re looking at a pretty major storm this weekend. Anywhere from 15-50”. Guess I’ll get the stuff to make cookies!!!  Hopefully it’s the last blast of winter!!!  Melody 

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Well we’re looking at a pretty major storm this weekend. Anywhere from 15-50”. Guess I’ll get the stuff to make cookies!!!  Hopefully it’s the last blast of winter!!!  Melody 

Where do you get your forecast from?  I look at weather.com for me and see maybe 3 inches total and the same on noaa.gov for me.  I see up to 8 for you...

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Where do you get your forecast from?  I look at weather.com for me and see maybe 3 inches total and the same on noaa.gov for me.  I see up to 8 for you...

Denver & Front Range Weather. Remarkably accurate usually

835FFC49-84DC-4C88-8BA5-913D1358DD6D.png

Hi Ladies!  Looks like I have some catching up to do, haven't read all the posts yet,   back from our very interesting Vegas trip!   Had fun, but honestly probably wouldn't go back until things are more normal...  great safety precautions, but definitely a little weird crowd...  I'm back at work full time now, so will try & post more about our trip & catch up with everyone asap :)

-Debbie 

• Like 1

Good morning girls,  Debbie, I was thinking about you wondering how the Vegas trip went! 

Let us know more details when you are able🙂

Did any of you see that video of the fight in that Bed, Bath & Beyond? OMG.........sometimes I

really wonder what has happened to us.  It was unbelievable.  Just move up a little bit.😲

I actually hate confrontations and that kind of thing gives me the creeps......besides in my

opinion, the gal should have stood in the right place and none of that would have happened.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning girls,  Debbie, I was thinking about you wondering how the Vegas trip went! 

Let us know more details when you are able🙂

Did any of you see that video of the fight in that Bed, Bath & Beyond? OMG.........sometimes I

really wonder what has happened to us.  It was unbelievable.  Just move up a little bit.😲

I actually hate confrontations and that kind of thing gives me the creeps......besides in my

opinion, the gal should have stood in the right place and none of that would have happened.

Hi Lois,  yes I saw that brawl but did not hear details about the cause. Did you se the news report about the Uber driver who was attacked after he told his passengers that they had to wear masks? One of the women coughed on him and another reached up front and took his phone. All the women were yelling and screaming. It was just deplorable. As you said, “what is happening to us”? Well some of us, that is.

18 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Ladies!  Looks like I have some catching up to do, haven't read all the posts yet,   back from our very interesting Vegas trip!   Had fun, but honestly probably wouldn't go back until things are more normal...  great safety precautions, but definitely a little weird crowd...  I'm back at work full time now, so will try & post more about our trip & catch up with everyone asap 🙂

-Debbie 

Hi Debbie, I too wondered how your Vegas trip went. Looking forward to more details when you have time.  Since I haven’t traveled yet, I’m living vicariously😉

Good morning, delivery for the new bed is now scheduled for Monday. Oh well, in these times

I think these type of items are back ordered alot......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, delivery for the new bed is now scheduled for Monday. Oh well, in these times

Yes that's true.  My DS ordered some furniture for his new condo back in May 2020 -- first they told him delivery would be at Thanksgiving (!!), then at the beginning of November they delayed it until February!!!!

Good thing he was planning on continuing to live at home through the pandemic, so we could keep each other company. 😀

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

HELP!  My body has been invaded by a sloth... 

Man, talk about lazy...

I have to start on my taxes today.  Definitely not looking forward to it.  This is the latest I've ever got on the tax wagon - I have no idea why I didn't start earlier.  It will be an interesting combination of regular wages, unemployment money, the COVID supplement, some 401K money, estimated tax payments.  If it doesn't look good, I'll pass it on to a professional.  

Melody - it looks like you really are getting slammed - I got a Fedex notice that stuff in/out of the Denver area will be delayed due to storm.  Fires in fireplaces and cookie baking do sound like a good idea!

Debbie - what do you mean by "weird crowd" in Vegas?  I thought it was always a weird crowd.  What was about it that makes you say you won't go back until things are normal.  Where did you dine (always want to know about food).  

OOTD:  Right now, I'm in my fleece lounging hoodie.  I may or may not stay in it.  Like I said, a sloth... 

Kat, the Covid supplement $$ isn’t taxable, hope that helps a bit

yeah, we’re looking at blizzard conditions, 80mph winds which will make it worse than the snow.. We got more propane & moved wood closer to the house. We’ve had the fireplace cleaned in November, but haven’t actually used the fireplace in about 5 years. We can use our grill & side burners to cook if we lose power. Extra bottled water & snowblower with extra gas. We’re all set

I'm in Athleta leggings & my beloved OOB (Old Orchard Beach Maine) sweatshirt with my sheepskin slippers

On 3/10/2021 at 5:34 PM, purduemom1 said:

Hi Lois,  yes I saw that brawl but did not hear details about the cause. Did you se the news report about the Uber driver who was attacked after he told his passengers that they had to wear masks? One of the women coughed on him and another reached up front and took his phone. All the women were yelling and screaming. It was just deplorable. As you said, “what is happening to us”? Well some of us, that is.

Hi Sharon, I missed that Uber brawl.......these people are NUTS😲

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sharon, I missed that Uber brawl.......these people are NUTS😲

I watched both of these videos today and you are right Lois, these people are nuts!  I think it is a sad commentary on today’s society.

Melody, it sounds like you are prepared for the storm that is heading your way but what a storm it could be!  Stay warm and safe!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Les is excited about the storm (our son is living with us so we won’t shovel/snowblow). He also has his crystal ball for pictures, that’s what he’s excited about. They’re both excited about cookies 😂

19 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I watched both of these videos today and you are right Lois, these people are nuts!  I think it is a sad commentary on today’s society.

Melody, it sounds like you are prepared for the storm that is heading your way but what a storm it could be!  Stay warm and safe!

Sherri🙂

Yes Sherri, you are right-it is very sad😢

On 3/11/2021 at 10:21 AM, slidergirl said:

HELP!  My body has been invaded by a sloth... 

Man, talk about lazy...

I have to start on my taxes today.  Definitely not looking forward to it.  This is the latest I've ever got on the tax wagon - I have no idea why I didn't start earlier.  It will be an interesting combination of regular wages, unemployment money, the COVID supplement, some 401K money, estimated tax payments.  If it doesn't look good, I'll pass it on to a professional.  

Melody - it looks like you really are getting slammed - I got a Fedex notice that stuff in/out of the Denver area will be delayed due to storm.  Fires in fireplaces and cookie baking do sound like a good idea!

Debbie - what do you mean by "weird crowd" in Vegas?  I thought it was always a weird crowd.  What was about it that makes you say you won't go back until things are normal.  Where did you dine (always want to know about food).  

OOTD:  Right now, I'm in my fleece lounging hoodie.  I may or may not stay in it.  Like I said, a sloth... 

OK, now that “weird” comment made me laugh! As for taxes, we just pulled ours together and have our appointment soon. 

Stay safe, Melody. Nice that your son is there to visit with and help out if you need it.

OOTD black jeans and a black and gray hoodie top.. It was a bit chilly here This morning when we shopped for some plants. Yes, I know, warm compared to CO!
Sharon

On 3/11/2021 at 5:41 AM, Lois R said:

Hi Lois, that’s too bad about the delivery delay.  Hoping it all works out for Monday.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Our granddaughter arrived early yesterday morning.  All is well, labor went quickly for a first baby and our DIL pushed her out in 6 minutes! She exercised throughout her pregnancy including squats and all so we wonder if that helped. Asked the kids how everyone was  today and the answer was “tired, tired, and full of poop”! Waiting to hear how the first meeting of our grand daughter and our grand cat goes. This cat is used to getting all the attention......ie-we fly 2000 miles to take care of her when the kids are traveling. Good thing for her that we can fly stand by😸 
Sharon

• Like 4

Sharon,  my family would be saying a BIG MAZEL TOV to you and yours......(literal translation

means Good luck) but it is a saying for all good happy things, celebrations........and especially

when you are having a new grandchild😃........how fun is that!!!!!!!  Glad everyone is doing well!

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! Our granddaughter arrived early yesterday morning.  All is well, labor went quickly for a first baby and our DIL pushed her out in 6 minutes! She exercised throughout her pregnancy including squats and all so we wonder if that helped. Asked the kids how everyone was  today and the answer was “tired, tired, and full of poop”! Waiting to hear how the first meeting of our grand daughter and our grand cat goes. This cat is used to getting all the attention......ie-we fly 2000 miles to take care of her when the kids are traveling. Good thing for her that we can fly stand by😸 
Sharon

CONGRATULATIONS!  Grandchildren are the best, so much more fun than children!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1