Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

I’m a little concerned for Princess here, going to do a tiny bit of defending if I may?
Besides Ruby, these are the others - all have had confirmed cases of Covid-19, but the Media only know how to spell “Princess or Ruby”.

• Ovation of the Seas, left Sydney on March 11 and returned on March 18

• Voyager of the Seas, left Sydney on February 25 and returned on March 7

• Voyager of the Seas, left Sydney on March 7 and returned on March 18

• Celebrity Solstice, case joined the ship in Auckland on March 10, docked in Sydney on March 20

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

There are now in NSW - Ruby Princess 121 cases, Ovation of the Seas 31. 

My sister was on the previous Ovation cruise and before check in all were temp checked, over 70's a Dr letter required and refusal of pre-existing conditions of all ages.

She said there were still plenty of coughs onboard. She has decided to isolate for 14 days when she came home, just in case, even though it was not enforced then.

20 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I’m a little concerned for Princess here, going to do a tiny bit of defending if I may?
Besides Ruby, these are the others - all have had confirmed cases of Covid-19, but the Media only know how to spell “Princess or Ruby”.

• Celebrity Solstice, case joined the ship in Auckland on March 10, docked in Sydney on March 20

They all look big ships.  I know what you mean  first Diamond Princess, then Ruby Princess - both managed poorly.  You'd think their systems should be foolproof by now!  

I did hear the Celebrity Solstice had a case as I like that ship. 

I bought the media was slow to report the big story of Aussies stuck overseas on 25 ships.  

i am no longer the innocent I was in relation to cruising - must have a balcony, must clean my own cabin with disinfectant, must book air with cruise line, must book cruises from UK which have Government coverage included in the price.  I think that is it.  Maybe be better to continue doing land travel, unless the cruise lines improve following this virus.  

5 minutes ago, megsie said:

There are now in NSW - Ruby Princess 121 cases, Ovation of the Seas 31. 

My sister was on the previous Ovation cruise and before check in all were temp checked, over 70's a Dr letter required and refusal of pre-existing conditions of all ages.

She said there were still plenty of coughs onboard. She has decided to isolate for 14 days when she came home, just in case, even though it was not enforced then.

I didn't realise all those precautions had been implemented.  Good idea for your sister to self isolate.  14 days is not long in the big scheme of things.  I am up to day 7 for voluntary self isolation and still my daughters are giving me a hard time!

36 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Agreed, the others are keeping their heads down.

54 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Of course you may defend. I just find it difficult to do that. There is also Golden off the US coast. For some reason, Princess accumulates positive passengers in the hundreds. The rest  - just a few. This has not occurred on any other cruise line and that needs to be explained. 

Edited by Pushka

Sister said she saw some distressed people who were refused boarding on her Ovation cruise with the policies RC had put in place. Her cruise left on 29th Feb.

In hindsight that's about when they should have installed some serious and even  severe policies about the cruiselines. And airlines as well - just started temp checking today!

Edited by megsie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pushka said:

The rest  - just a few. This has not occurred on any other cruise line and that needs to be explained. 

I think the answer is probably self explanatory as to why Princess has had the highest number of cases ........ the reason so many choose to cruise on the line - the age demographic perhaps 🙄

Edited by Porky55

57 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I think the answer is probably self explanatory as to why Princess has had the highest number of cases ........ the reason so many choose to cruise on the line - the age demographic perhaps 🙄

I reckon Holland America might also have that claim. And Cunard. Same parent company. 

1 hour ago, megsie said:

Sister said she saw some distressed people who were refused boarding on her Ovation cruise with the policies RC had put in place. Her cruise left on 29th Feb.

In hindsight that's about when they should have installed some serious and even  severe policies about the cruiselines. And airlines as well - just started temp checking today!

I know that some people who flew from the UK to Australia via Asia were denied boarding.

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Probably because NSW Health had given the OK for passengers to disembark, the Aust Border Force couldn't intervene. If you have ever worked for the Public Service, you will know how each department jealously guards its 'area'.

Agree, it's a cop out and just attempt at deflecting from NSW premier to try to say 'all have a role to play'. Of course all have a role to play, but each department has their purpose - and fiercely defends others invading its patch - so they need to take responsibility for their involvement otherwise they shouldn't be there at all if they can't fulfil their mission.

Sadly par for the course with the party ideologues of this government.

4 hours ago, Porky55 said:

They're getting the attention because of force of numbers. The media have reported the others - but proportionally the cases on Ruby Princess outweigh all the others combined! So on that basis alone, and the resultant frequency that new cases and updates arise from that more just because of sheer weight of numbers, that's what there is more news about.

• Like 1

Still believe Ruby has been scapegoated a little in this disaster.  Here are the figures straight from NSW Health and the comments:

There have been 107 cases diagnosed in NSW from the Ruby Princess and 26 cases interstate. It should be noted, no cases of COVID-19 had been identified by doctors on board before docking. Five people who had displayed influenza-like illness were tested in Wellington, New Zealand on 14 March, and all were negative for COVID-19.

I don’t know how they would test for the virus on board?? Were they then isolated ?? Too many questions and of course we are purely speculating - we DO NOT know the answers.

Edited by Porky55

18 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Well this really makes me feel bad and so sorry.

Who is to say the virus did not originate from the tour guide to our Princess passengers?? The incubation time frame of 4-5 days is about right? Just saying 🤔
Again mere speculation 🙄

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Still believe Ruby has been scapegoated a little in this disaster.  Here are the figures straight from NSW Health and the comments:

There have been 107 cases diagnosed in NSW from the Ruby Princess and 26 cases interstate. It should be noted, no cases of COVID-19 had been identified by doctors on board before docking. Five people who had displayed influenza-like illness were tested in Wellington, New Zealand on 14 March, and all were negative for COVID-19.

I don’t know how they would test for the virus on board?? Were they then isolated ?? Too many questions and of course we are purely speculating - we DO NOT know the answers.

No, those numbers are old. We had 18 in SA that just tested positive YESTERDAY. We already were dealing with several more prior to then. Numbers now are over 150. Ruby is Australia's Princess Diamond. Thanks NSW. 

However you rationalise, they caught the virus on Ruby Princess. However it got there is irrelevant. 

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Could it be "Ruby Princess Arrival Yesterday Important"?

I am speechless with regard to Brandee of NY.  I helped him, with others,  (from posts 46 to 74)  I referred him to Post No.28 from MFR who had received contact by phone and email from NSW Health and provided a copy of their memo.

Time to mow the lawn!!

Seems like a lot of posts are being deleted.  I had also posted some additional info from Princess ' website about being contacted, and that now I had some mild symptoms.   I then got an email notification that someone posted that I should stop trying to hijack the OP's thread.  I was going to apologize to the OP, but these posts seemed to have disappeared.   

BTW, I was tested on Monday,  results came back positive today, but fortunately I've only had mild symptoms.   Husband will not be tested unless he has symptoms.   Despite what we hear from Washington,  there aren't enough tests to go around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MFR said:

Seems like a lot of posts are being deleted.  I had also posted some additional info from Princess ' website about being contacted, and that now I had some mild symptoms.   I then got an email notification that someone posted that I should stop trying to hijack the OP's thread.  I was going to apologize to the OP, but these posts seemed to have disappeared.   

BTW, I was tested on Monday,  results came back positive today, but fortunately I've only had mild symptoms.   Husband will not be tested unless he has symptoms.   Despite what we hear from Washington,  there aren't enough tests to go around. 

I am sorry to hear that you have tested positive. Best wishes. You have done the right thing in every way. Others, not so much. 

41 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Well this really makes me feel bad and so sorry.

Likely they caught it from a passenger. 

Im using the Heart as a compassion button or appreciation button, not as a Like button. Thankyiu for your concern. 

the other day before SA locked down, we had a group of newly arrived tourists of 18 from the USA. They immediately became unwell and of the group of 18 - 10 were positive. They were put up free of charge in a luxury resort while the rest were awaiting results. That wasn't good enough for a couple, they escaped to the Eastern States (NSW). And yes, their tests came back positive. To say our Government is angry is an understatement. As are we South Aussies. How dare they!

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Who is to say the virus did not originate from the tour guide to our Princess passengers?? The incubation time frame of 4-5 days is about right? Just saying 🤔
Again mere speculation 🙄

NZ has so far been very clean. Yes they have had cases but no local transmission. It has been introduced by travellers. No need for speculation as to where it came from. A cruise ship. 

11 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Likely they caught it from a passenger. 

Im using the Heart as a compassion button or appreciation button, not as a Like button. Thankyiu for your concern. 

the other day before SA locked down, we had a group of newly arrived tourists of 18 from the USA. They immediately became unwell and of the group of 18 - 10 were positive. They were put up free of charge in a luxury resort while the rest were awaiting results. That wasn't good enough for a couple, they escaped to the Eastern States (NSW). And yes, their tests came back positive. To say our Government is angry is an understatement. As are we South Aussies. How dare they!

Unbelievable..isn't this where Border Patrol and Passport control come into play?