P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We filled up this morning I think we has about 20 miles left 🥴 normally the tank is always kept full but with one thing and another we forgot to fill up before we went away , queues  everywhere horns been blown causing traffic jams in the  high street , been ridiculous.

Glad your operation went well graham take care of your eye .

Gill hope your move is going smoothly, I’m still unpacking and living out of suitcases until bedroom furniture arrives.

Purplesea very pleased your daughters test is negative 

Again thank you all for your well wishes it’s very much appreciated 🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Queues at all of the petrol stations today around here, my wife went to fill up this morning as she off to the East Midlands tomorrow for a workshop, but total gridlock around them, some are drivers have made it worse by blocking entrances/exits on traffic islands, May nip out later as her car has a quarter of tank not enough for return journey, so if can’t fill up will use my car for trip as it has three quarters of tank full.

On the good news front my youngest grandchild had a negative PCR test after being sent home from nursery with a cough and high temperature. It’s just a mild chest infection and GP has provided antibiotics. We still have a high numbers of new cases this week with bulk being in the 10-19 age bracket, and very low numbers for over 60s. 

• Like 7

So after all my panic last Friday for parking and boarding the sky princess we arrived at the terminal at 10.45 which I thought was far to early but it was the time my daughter could only take us because she had a appointment at 12 , but to my surprise there was many people already there , we were directed where to drop our cases off and sent directly round for COVID test this is where they checked passports and COVID checks all well organised with helpers directing had test and the went into terminal for passports check again, at no time was asked about insurance policy, then we sat down for about 25 minutes got results on phone and then went to pick up the medallion and had to wait until 12 for boarding starting, which by then going through security we were on board at 12.10 went straight to our room watched the brief muster and checking our muster station and then went to the pizza restaurant for lunch and a few wines it was the most organised relaxing boarding I have ever had and I can’t praise all the crew how happy and polite and helpful they all were not one person was rude or unhelpful, we made some lovely friends on the cruise especially in the hot tubs 😂 you know who you are after my husband losing his medallion in it , “ too close for comfort “ cabin steward was brilliant and done any thing we wanted and kept the cabin lovely and clean, the whole ship was always kept very clean and always a team of cleaners wiping tables and chairs down after you vacated it , sorry to say I’m not on her again until 2023 but I’m looking into changing that very soon .

• Like 14

42 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We filled up this morning I think we has about 20 miles left 🥴 normally the tank is always kept full but with one thing and another we forgot to fill up before we went away , queues  everywhere horns been blown causing traffic jams in the  high street , been ridiculous.

Gill hope your move is going smoothly, I’m still unpacking and living out of suitcases until bedroom furniture arrives.

A long wait but finally exchanged and got the key at 3pm. Staying at a nearby hotel as couldn’t face making up a bed etc as I guessed it could be a long wait being in a chain of five.

So am now relaxing with a gin and tonic - so cheers to all my CC pals!

• Like 17

54 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Sandra.

Graham.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

A long wait but finally exchanged and got the key at 3pm. Staying at a nearby hotel as couldn’t face making up a bed etc as I guessed it could be a long wait being in a chain of five.

Cheers Gill.

I'm really pleased for you.🍾

Graham 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Ah congratulations Gill. I wish you (and Freddie) many happy years in your new home. Jane.x

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Queues at all of the petrol stations today around here, my wife went to fill up this morning as she off to the East Midlands tomorrow for a workshop, but total gridlock around them, some are drivers have made it worse by blocking entrances/exits on traffic islands, May nip out later as her car has a quarter of tank not enough for return journey, so if can’t fill up will use my car for trip as it has three quarters of tank full.

On the good news front my youngest grandchild had a negative PCR test after being sent home from nursery with a cough and high temperature. It’s just a mild chest infection and GP has provided antibiotics. We still have a high numbers of new cases this week with bulk being in the 10-19 age bracket, and very low numbers for over 60s. 

Went out to fill up my wife’s car,  local Shell garage was closed as completely out of all fuel, Asda was open queued for about 5 mins they had no diesel and were closing at 9pm, it’s a 24hr service station., guess they are not taking any chances when it switches over to unmanned.

A friend has been struggling to find any garage in the area with diesel available, her husband is a self employed electrical engineer and has jobs to go to tomorrow and not enough fuel to get him there. 

6 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Went out to fill up my wife’s car,  local Shell garage was closed as completely out of all fuel, Asda was open queued for about 5 mins they had no diesel and were closing at 9pm, it’s a 24hr service station., guess they are not taking any chances when it switches over to unmanned.

A friend has been struggling to find any garage in the area with diesel available, her husband is a self employed electrical engineer and has jobs to go to tomorrow and not enough fuel to get him there. 

Same in North London Snow Hill. All the 24-hour stations are sold out including those at the major supermarkets. I'm so annoyed with myself for not filling up yesterday because I do actually need petrol. Idiot me! I'm hoping there will be some deliveries at the supermarkets overnight. Fingers crossed. I hope we both manage to find some soon. Jane.x 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

A few photos of our room and around 

DB622705-3F65-4C38-BE20-D3EC5D598651.jpeg

0395A0E8-9D97-4205-BF29-5416C006E6E1.jpeg

A30373A2-66CE-4D9A-A004-DB7F6EF61DFF.jpeg

2D0331D5-26CE-40B3-9ACB-205F49C881F9.jpeg

4A73B63A-95B7-493A-B99D-D9AC4D8F65E3.jpeg

A851CDC5-7A32-475D-A24D-5F813D9896ED.jpeg

99EF068C-4362-4792-A0A6-FC282BD6CBE7.jpeg

A27E5D92-880E-405A-83EC-441B299713DC.jpeg

C28CABD5-09D9-4EDB-B181-7939725EA47F.jpeg

DCAF9CE4-8C13-4E2E-B90F-385DAAED913C.jpeg

B9F91550-9154-4581-9442-AE911C11765A.jpeg

32CED296-CBC8-484A-B2A4-D1560F7A1249.jpeg

BDF16A19-FF84-4352-BDC3-1586FA33E47E.jpeg

AC64B293-2F8B-419F-95E1-133A3FFC8B42.jpeg

26294FCA-CEAA-4F7A-8014-0113F66C9BBF.jpeg

Looks like you had a minisuite ? Only 4 weeks before we get on board.

I know this is a P&O forum, but doesn't Sky Princess look that bit more classy than P&O?

Sorry !

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 4

We went to Herne Bay today (by train) to see the Titanic exhibition currently at the Kings Hall. When we walked from the station to the sea front, we passed a petrol station, and there was traffic everywhere as people queued to get in. 

I mentioned previously that we went to the theatre on Wednesday, booked pre Covid.  This afternoon, I only got a ping from the Covid app - I was close to someone on the 22nd who has now tested positive. My husband wasn’t pinged, so I can only assume that I was sitting closer to the person who has tested positive. We’ve both done a lateral flow test, and it came out as negative. The app says that I don’t need to isolate, but I will stay at home anyway, and do LF tests every few days. If I get symptoms, I’ll get a PCR test done.

I was tentatively looking at what other shows were available to book, but not bothering now. If I can get a ping during my first time in a crowd, it just doesn’t seem worth the risk. It’s a shame, but the virus is still lurking. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We went to Herne Bay today (by train) to see the Titanic exhibition currently at the Kings Hall. When we walked from the station to the sea front, we passed a petrol station, and there was traffic everywhere as people queued to get in. 

I mentioned previously that we went to the theatre on Wednesday, booked pre Covid.  This afternoon, I only got a ping from the Covid app - I was close to someone on the 22nd who has now tested positive. My husband wasn’t pinged, so I can only assume that I was sitting closer to the person who has tested positive. We’ve both done a lateral flow test, and it came out as negative. The app says that I don’t need to isolate, but I will stay at home anyway, and do LF tests every few days. If I get symptoms, I’ll get a PCR test done.

I was tentatively looking at what other shows were available to book, but not bothering now. If I can get a ping during my first time in a crowd, it just doesn’t seem worth the risk. It’s a shame, but the virus is still lurking. 

I'm impressed that you still have the "track and trace" app working. It is so inaccurate that we deleted it months ago.

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Looks like you had a minisuite ? Only 4 weeks before we get on board.

I know this is a P&O forum, but doesn't Sky Princess look that bit more classy than P&O?

Sorry !

Correct Wowzz a minisuite and the whole ship classy , our only disappointment was the enclave which we got the full 5 day pass and would never do that again, I found it boring because it had no view could hardly hear the spar relaxing music , Arcadia has the beat one for that with hot stone beds looking out to sea , only 60 people were allowed to sign up for the enclave and at most only saw 6 of us at one time in there , forgot to say a total of 1,395 passengers on board 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Correct Wowzz a minisuite and the whole ship classy , our only disappointment was the enclave which we got the full 5 day pass and would never do that again, I found it boring because it had no view could hardly hear the spar relaxing music , Arcadia has the beat one for that with hot stone beds looking out to sea , only 60 people were allowed to sign up for the enclave and at most only saw 6 of us at one time in there , forgot to say a total of 1,395 passengers on board 

Loved your piccies of Sky Princess Purdey. I think "classy"fits the bill nicely. I bet those of us on here who are sailing on her in a few weeks have had their appetites well and truly whetted!

I was out at 5am this morning to get petrol. Having been told that Tesco were having an overnight delivery, I thought I'd get there before the crowds - no delivery. Now I've used up more petrol looking for petrol! 

Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I was out at 5am this morning to get petrol. Having been told that Tesco were having an overnight delivery, I thought I'd get there before the crowds - no delivery. Now I've used up more petrol looking for petrol! 

Best wishes. Jane.x 

Don't panic Jane, I have heard they have petrol in Scotland so I am heading off now... 

I better take a Jerry can as well in case I run out on the way back, its a very long way😂😂😂

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4