P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, picsa said:

People who enjoy a materialistic Christmas finding things less stressful if they cannot buy what they normally do! Didn’t realise this was the thread for jokes.

You might be happy with a ‘basic’ Christmas, but if there are shortages in the shops there will be carnage in the aisles in December with people fighting over the last turkey.

There's always my octopus offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/17/2021 at 5:57 PM, Adawn47 said:

I've just read your post Purdey, I understand and want to ease your feelings of guilt.

When dad died, we bought mum to live with us. She was 83, partially sighted, having mini strokes, and I gave up my job to look after her full time. The shock and sadness of losing dad, looking after mum 24/7 and the constant worry and stress of making sure she was alright took it's toll. Frank was working 45/50 hrs a week and my only sister lived in Cheshire , so I was basically on my own. 

To be able to care for mum as I was, I needed to rest and recharge, but my main worry was that if anything happened while I was away, I would never forgive myself. Talking to my doctor, she gave me some advice I want to pass on to you. 

Whatever happens is going to happen regardless of where you are in the world, and being constantly at her side won't change the outcome. Not matter where you are, you can always get home, and still the outcome will be the same. You can't put your own health at risk on 'what if's'.

I know it may seem cold and unfeeling, but after thinking about, it was sound advice. I took her advice and my sister and BIL would come  for 3 weeks every year so we could go away. It was the best medicine for me and helped me cope much better.

I know it's a long-winded tale Purdey, but forget home and all the stress, have a really relaxing, guilt-free cruise and come back refreshed, you've earned it. Cheers🥂

Avril

Good morning everyone I’m back home after my wonderful cruise on sky princess chilling out , I’ve spent most of the night catching up on here and what’s been going on .

Avril thank you very much for your kind words and advice it was very much appreciated and I did get to read your post before I left but couldn’t react to it because cc was playing up , but I kept those words in my heart thank you , sadly mum passed away the very next day we were on the cruise on Saturday night , we were all shocked it was so quick even the doctors/ nurses , she passed away during sleeping and none of us could of been there at that time anyway so wise words Avril 🙏

a busy time now sorting things out etc I will write later on a cheerful note about the cruise 

Graham hope your operation goes fine today good news it got brought forward.

Belated Happy Anniversary to Damian hope you had a wonderful day together 🍾🥂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Just shows what a sad world we live in to me. I am sure that you will agree that we are all entitled to our own opinions so this is my last word on the matter as don't want to 'play games' on here. 

I hope that Christmas brings you whatever makes it special for you.

You have taken the right decision to not get involved with this person.  Your posts are always well balanced and you are entitled to post your views.

I set my account to ignore this person's posts a number of years ago after I realised that he/she was constantly being confrontational.  It is just not worth interacting with people like this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2021 at 6:13 PM, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife and I had our flu jabs at Boots this afternoon, son today booked an appointment on line as well at Boots and was surprised that he got one for this Thursday but he has to pay for his. My covid booster isn't due until just before Christmas.

I was glad that we got the flu jabs done before we go on our cruise with Princess 2 weeks today, not that there is any indication that the flu season is starting...... yet

If it is Sky Princess that you are going on we may bump into you ☺️

We are getting our flu jabs next week at Boots.  I am hoping to get my Covid booster when I volunteer at the vaccine hub on Saturday, I had my 2nd vaccine  in November last year on the trial but the trial vaccine is not being rolled out in the UK so I have been advised to get a Pfizer booster.

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone I’m back home after my wonderful cruise on sky princess chilling out , I’ve spent most of the night catching up on here and what’s been going on .

Avril thank you very much for your kind words and advice it was very much appreciated and I did get to read your post before I left but couldn’t react to it because cc was playing up , but I kept those words in my heart thank you , sadly mum passed away the very next day we were on the cruise on Saturday night , we were all shocked it was so quick even the doctors/ nurses , she passed away during sleeping and none of us could of been there at that time anyway so wise words Avril 🙏

a busy time now sorting things out etc I will write later on a cheerful note about the cruise 

My condolences to you and your family Purdey on what must have been a shock but take

comfort that she died in peace in her sleep and not prolonged pain . 

Take care Kalos :classic_love:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Condolences Purdey & family, a busy few days ahead I suspect. Take care 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

So sorry to hear about your mum Purdey. I can only echo Kalos and add that in time you will be thankful that she passed peacefully and surrounded by care. That will come later. For now, the next little while will see you caught up and busy with practicalities. From experience all I can offer is talk about her, remember lovely times you spent with her, and be glad she was your mum. God bless. Jane.x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Sandra.

Deepest condolences for the loss of your dear mam.

Graham & Pauline xx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

You have taken the right decision to not get involved with this person.  Your posts are always well balanced and you are entitled to post your views.

I set my account to ignore this person's posts a number of years ago after I realised that he/she was constantly being confrontational.  It is just not worth interacting with people like this.

+1.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much Jane.

We took our Sarah out for dinner last night at our favourite Italian restaurant.

Graham x.

IMG_20210922_183233.jpg

IMG_20210922_184351.jpg

IMG_20210922_184357.jpg

IMG_20210922_190955.jpg

IMG_20210922_191001.jpg

IMG_20210922_191011.jpg

That looks fab Graham! I'm sure you all had a lovely evening. Look after yourself following the op today. Everyone says any discomfort is well worth it for the result so much to look forward to. Take care and best wishes. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have said my last bit now and wished everyone a very Happy Christmas ------------------- did someone sa the C word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks x

Mince pies are in the shops now, we bought some yesterday, not stock piling, have eaten them already... 😊

I think we have all been through enough recently to now take the attitude of 'what will be will be'...

If I have to have turkey dinosaurs for Christmas Dinner, so be it. 

There may be a tinge of disappointment as not being able to give like we usually do, but we have to adapt. 

Most of us have had to settle for UK holidays when we would rather be cruising, but have still made the most of it... 

What will be will be... 

Andy 

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Mince pies are in the shops now, we bought some yesterday, not stock piling, have eaten them already... 😊

I think we have all been through enough recently to now take the attitude of 'what will be will be'...

There may be a tinge of disappointment as not being able to give like we usually do, but we have to adapt. 

Most of us have had to settle for UK holidays when we would rather be cruising, but have still made the most of it... 

What will be will be... 

Andy 

🎶 Turkey Twizzlers  Roasting By An Open Fire  :classic_love:🎶

As you say "What will be will be..."  Just look out for each other ! 

Hope you and Michelle are keeping well ,take care :classic_smile:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

What will be will be... 

Andy 

Indeed Andy. Last year Christmas was effectively cancelled up here, we were only allowed 24 hours out with our local authority area to see family on Christmas Day. Effectively many people could not share it with their loved ones as they lived too far away to do the trip in 24 hours.

I don’t care what I eat or about gifts etc. If I can share the season with those I love (and preferably not out in the cold in the garden this year) then I will be very content.

To paraphrase Proverbs better a dinner of Turkey dinosaurs where love is….

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Indeed Andy. Last year Christmas was effectively cancelled up here, we were only allowed 24 hours out with our local authority area to see family on Christmas Day. Effectively many people could not share it with their loved ones as they lived too far away to do the trip in 24 hours.

I don’t care what I eat or about gifts etc. If I can share the season with those I love (and preferably not out in the cold in the garden this year) then I will be very content.

To paraphrase Proverbs better a dinner of Turkey dinosaurs where love is….

Absolutely. And you and I can enjoy our cheeses even more, knowing that they’re actually improving our health, rather than damaging it.

I imagine you’re starting to prepare for winter up there. I envy you a lot about Scotland, but maybe not the winter or the midges! 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Graham good luck for today.

Now that the C word and mince pies have been mentioned they are stuck in my head. I did see some in the local shop yesterday but thought ? too soon. Now I'm wanting one. Baking spree mark 2 today then.

1 minute ago, ccpm said:

Graham good luck for today.

Now that the C word and mince pies have been mentioned they are stuck in my head. I did see some in the local shop yesterday but thought ? too soon. Now I'm wanting one. Baking spree mark 2 today then.

Thank you ccpm.

Graham.

Good luck, Graham.  My DH had both eyes done, about a year apart, at about your age.  He chose not to have a general, and said he enjoyed the op!  He had been short-sighted, and the Surgeon asked him to choose, so he said glasses for reading, as h was fed up of getting distance ones wet in the rain.  It worked brilliantly, and he had no pain and could see quite well, within a couple of hours.

He is now over 90, and still has pretty good vision!  Hope yours goes just as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

What will be will be... 

Andy 

Welcome back Andy. Hope all is well with both of you.

• Like 5