P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

I am home now and the consultant said the operation went really well.

I was only in for 30 minutes with the eye check,blood pressure check anaesthetic and op.

My eye is slightly stinging but otherwise I'm delighted it's now done.

Graham.

Pleased to hear that, Graham.  There's always a sense of apprehension about the first one, isn't there, but once you realise how simple a procedure it is (at the receiving end anyway!), how quick, and how absolutely painless, the second one doesn't bother you at all.

Keep up those eye drops!

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

I was only in for 30 minutes with the eye check,blood pressure check anaesthetic and op.

Graham.

Glad all went well Graham and you're home safe and sound. Take it easy tonight and look after yourself. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

Been catching up again! 

Sorry to hear your sad news Purdey, but you should be able to take comfort that she died peacefully in her sleep. 

Hope your moves goes well Gill, without any hiccups.

Graham, it's good to hear your op went well.

I came home from work today to find that my daughter is self-isolating as her collegue at work has tested positive for covid and she is now waiting for the results of a CPR test🤞

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Been catching up again! 

Sorry to hear your sad news Purdey, but you should be able to take comfort that she died peacefully in her sleep. 

Hope your moves goes well Gill, without any hiccups.

Graham, it's good to hear your op went well.

I came home from work today to find that my daughter is self-isolating as her collegue at work has tested positive for covid and she is now waiting for the results of a CPR test🤞

Thank you purplesea.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your daughter that she has a negative covid19 result.

Graham.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

Graham.

Good to hear Graham, rest up and I hope you recover well.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone I’m back home after my wonderful cruise on sky princess chilling out , I’ve spent most of the night catching up on here and what’s been going on .

Avril thank you very much for your kind words and advice it was very much appreciated and I did get to read your post before I left but couldn’t react to it because cc was playing up , but I kept those words in my heart thank you , sadly mum passed away the very next day we were on the cruise on Saturday night , we were all shocked it was so quick even the doctors/ nurses , she passed away during sleeping and none of us could of been there at that time anyway so wise words Avril 🙏

a busy time now sorting things out etc I will write later on a cheerful note about the cruise 

Graham hope your operation goes fine today good news it got brought forward.

Belated Happy Anniversary to Damian hope you had a wonderful day together 🍾🥂

So sorry to hear your news Purdey, take care x

• Thanks 1

I’ve got my Covid booster booked! I had an email telling me to log on to the NHS site and book, so I’m going 2nd October! You have to be 6 months clear of your last jab so my parents  and John aren’t quite on 6 months yet.

Gill - good luck with the move!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve got my Covid booster booked! I had an email telling me to log on to the NHS site and book, so I’m going 2nd October! You have to be 6 months clear of your last jab so my parents  and John aren’t quite on 6 months yet.

My father is having his next Wednesday so things are moving here too! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

6 months after my jab takes me to my birthday. I can take a slice of cake to give to the very nice jabbers.🍾🎂

• Like 3

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you purplesea.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your daughter that she has a negative covid19 result.

Graham.

Thank you Graham. 

All's well, she received a text at 2 am this morning saying her test is negative.

After that scare though, as she has a compromised immune system she has informed the school where she works that she will be staying at home while there are cases of covid there. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Thank you Graham. 

All's well, she received a text at 2 am this morning saying her test is negative.

After that scare though, as she has a compromised immune system she has informed the school where she works that she will be staying at home while there are cases of covid there. 

That is excellent news her test was negative.

She is wise to be careful with her health issues.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Pleased to hear that, Graham.  There's always a sense of apprehension about the first one, isn't there, but once you realise how simple a procedure it is (at the receiving end anyway!), how quick, and how absolutely painless, the second one doesn't bother you at all.

Keep up those eye drops!

Harry

Hi Harry.

In February I had a phacovitrectomy to peal an Epiretinal Membrane from my eyes macular and had a cataract op done then on my other eye which was a much bigger op than I had yesterday on my other eye.

It was because it was so successful that yesterday's cataract op was to equalise the eyes which I was very keen to get done.

I have antibiotic drops to put in my eye 3 times a day for 3 days and 2 other drops to take 3 times a day for 3 weeks.

I was told to wait 6 week's before going to the opticians when hopefully I will only need reading glasses instead of the much more expensive varifocals I have had to purchase several times over about 15 years.

Graham.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pie Eater said:

Hi Graham 

Glad your op went well, keep up with eye drops, take it easy for the next few days .

Best wishes Joe 😷

Thanks Joe.

The eye seems great this morning with only a slight haze over the eye.

When I had the phacovitrectomy on my other eye in February it took the bubble in my eye 10 days to absorb before my vision was good.

Graham

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Harry.

In February I had a phacovitrectomy to peal an Epiretinal Membrane from my eyes macular and had a cataract op done then on my other eye which was a much bigger op than I had yesterday on my other eye.

It was because it was so successful that yesterday's cataract op was to equalise the eyes which I was very keen to get done.

I have antibiotic drops to put in my eye 3 times a day for 3 days and 2 other drops to take 3 times a day for 3 weeks.

I was told to wait 6 week's before going to the opticians when hopefully I will only need reading glasses instead of the much more expensive varifocals I have had to purchase several times over about 15 years.

Graham.

That's interesting, Graham.  I'm in the position of having had just the one done so far (in June) but I've postponed having the other one done until probably next Spring in view of my Covid position (vaccinated but without effect).

I had a new eye test a month after surgery, and I have to say that the new glasses aren't now very good for that eye.  I can only assume that it's changed, even in the period between then and now.  Fortunately, it was done for distance, so the distance vision is great, even without glasses, but reading is more difficult.

Next time round, I think I'll just have the necessary check a month after surgery as before, but leave the eye test until later to allow it to 'settle'.  Varifocals shouldn't be necessary, as you say, and that makes a huge difference to cost.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's interesting, Graham.  I'm in the position of having had just the one done so far (in June) but I've postponed having the other one done until probably next Spring in view of my Covid position (vaccinated but without effect).

I had a new eye test a month after surgery, and I have to say that the new glasses aren't now very good for that eye.  I can only assume that it's changed, even in the period between then and now.  Fortunately, it was done for distance, so the distance vision is great, even without glasses, but reading is more difficult.

Next time round, I think I'll just have the necessary check a month after surgery as before, but leave the eye test until later to allow it to 'settle'.  Varifocals shouldn't be necessary, as you say, and that makes a huge difference to cost.

Before the op I had to read an eye chart with my good eye and they used the result of that to gauge the OCL they would put in my eye they operated on to equalise the distance lens in both eyes.

Graham.

• Like 1

Hi all,flying back for 10 days tomorrow.Had LFTs in pharmacy up the road,30 euro for 2 with EU cert.Filled in UK PLF online,bit of a palaver,wouldn't take vaccine proof upload so have got to show it at airport.Also day 2 PCR test to be done and dropped off in London,just my preference because I've got a London freedom pass and ensures nothing goes missing.Hopefully going back will be less red tape than UK.That's unheard of for Italy but it's true,cheers,Brian.

• Like 7

I originally had one cataract operation done but months later had the other eye done to equalise the vision differences. Before I was VERY short sited but now have good distance vision but still have glasses to correct astigmatism, especially in the right eye which will never be as good as the left.

I bought expensive reading glasses and ones for computer work which are great for cooking or washing dishes. Of course i can never find a pair when I need them so bought several pairs of reading glasses from Poundland, good for reading labels etc. I put a pair in each room plus the garage. What Poundland did not tell me is they like each others company and all end up in the same room 😵

Went shopping this morning, long queues at the petrol station and the neighbour reported the same where she went this morning. I guess everyone is panic buying, probably because they were told not to!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Went shopping this morning, long queues at the petrol station and the neighbour reported the same where she went this morning. I guess everyone is panic buying, probably because they were told not to!

Panic buying? No need, I have an electric car so can fill up at home (or free at one of the many supermarkets and retail parks who give the electricity away to customers).

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I filled the car up this morning as I was down to 1/4 tank which is my usually fill up point. There was a short queque, it was quite emotional, in fact when I got to the pump I started filling up.

Our nearby BP filling station has been busier than normal, but no sign of queues, yet.

• Like 1