P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just glanced through the kitchen window and there was a fox staring back at me, it has been a while since we saw a fox though we used to see them regularly.

Window cleaner problems during lockdown ?🤣🤣

21 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I was browsing cottage holidays yesterday but it’s amazing how many are booked up already! I’m wondering if nearer the time if people are allowed to go abroad they’ll cancel their uk breaks?!

I was surprised too but don't want to book yet because our bank won't cover for insurance if we book whilst the government says no travel and although we should be entitled to a refund if the advice is still in place we dont want to risk it.Although we now have our cruise in October to look forward to, we are hoping to go on at least one Uk break before then if possible

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just glanced through the kitchen window and there was a fox staring back at me, it has been a while since we saw a fox though we used to see them regularly.

We have a 'Ring' doorbell that records and we have a 3 legged fox? that passes every night. 

The other day Michelle was showing me the deer that was outside our front door, very sweet, she said... It then started to eat her plants and then s**t on the doorstep!!! 

Not so sweet now... 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

On 1/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, ann141 said:

I was surprised too but don't want to book yet because our bank won't cover for insurance if we book whilst the government says no travel and although we should be entitled to a refund if the advice is still in place we dont want to risk it.Although we now have our cruise in October to look forward to, we are hoping to go on at least one Uk break before then if possible

I’m  not booking yet as I haven’t got the time booked off from work yet, they’re a bit slow on holidays in this job and it doesn’t seem right to ask! In my old job at the Bank we had to book our holidays in October ready for the next year!

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’m  not booking yet as I haven’t got the time booked off from work yet, they’re a bit slow on holidays in this job and it doesn’t seem right to ask! In my old job at the Bank we had to book our holidays in October ready for the next year!

One advantage of being retired to counter the negative of being older!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Aww I love Clydesdales, beautiful, big and gentle. Also the Suffolk Punch, not many of them around now.

They are massive things and yes very gentle. They come over to the fence when you pass (expecting apples). I don't know what purpose they serve on the farm but they are beauties.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I was browsing cottage holidays yesterday but it’s amazing how many are booked up already! I’m wondering if nearer the time if people are allowed to go abroad they’ll cancel their uk breaks?!

We have 2 UK breaks booked. We hope they go, but made sure the deposit was refundable. May is possibly a doubt, but June should be fine. All over by then, surely. If not out to Minorca in September. All over by then.....🤔

On 1/24/2021 at 10:47 AM, zap99 said:

We have 2 UK breaks booked. We hope they go, but made sure the deposit was refundable. May is possibly a doubt, but June should be fine. All over by then, surely. If not out to Minorca in September. All over by then.....🤔

I love your enthusiasm zap. I’m looking at June/July . Things were relatively ‘normal’ last summer, at least for day trips. Already moved my September cruise to June 22, too much stress! 

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I love your enthusiasm zap. I’m looking at June/July . Things were relatively ‘normal’ last summer, at least for day trips. Already moved my September cruise to June 22, too much stress! 

We were going to the Canaries in April, but have moved it to Minorca in September. Canada and Alaska in June looks iffy, but we don't need to decide for 3 months yet. Being positive, tinged with a degree of realism works for us. Sitting on the couch and blaming everybody else and thinking about the old days , doesn't achieve much. We have been looking at the he Caribbean for next winter. Must be over by then...... surely 🤔. Forgot Iona at the end of August.

Edited by zap99
Added

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We have a 'Ring' doorbell that records and we have a 3 legged fox? that passes every night. 

The other day Michelle was showing me the deer that was outside our front door, very sweet, she said... It then started to eat her plants and then s**t on the doorstep!!! 

Not so sweet now... 😊

Andy 

Be fair Andy, the deer ate some of Michelle's plants, but helped fertilise them for the coming year as payment💩😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

The world is white with frost up here and beautifully sunny. It was minus 5 through the night (my anorak husband has a weather station with an outside transmitter in the garden). 

It has been nice all week, clear and frosty so we have been able to walk the local farm paths as the muddy ground is frozen. There are no sheep out but the Clydesdales are still in their field.

The bird table is busy, the poor wee things must be struggling. We put out fresh water for them but it is frozen every day at the moment so I don’t know how much they actually get before is freezes up.

Have you tried the trick of using a tea light under an inverted shallow flowerpot, with the water container positioned over the hole & benefitting from the tiny amount of heat?  Don’t know if it works - it sounds possible

There’s an invention waiting to be invented there - something battery driven to produce enough heat the keep the birds’ water liquid.  Or the chemical reaction process found in pocket hand warmers?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not so sweet now... 😊

Andy 

My Dad told me never to do that,old East End saying.

• Haha 2

This made me laugh this morning, I phoned my parents and my dad had had a telephone consultation on Friday for his bad knee. I asked I’d she’d prescribed a steroid injection - no they were going to try exercises first. I asked if he’d done his exercises this morning- not yet but my mum has done them 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not so sweet now... 😊

Andy 

Well at least your Michelle has video evidence should you want to sue :classic_unsure:

I would like to put my self forward as the defence for the poor animals should you do so .

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury ,I put it to you that the Fox was simply bored and meant no harm .

Think how bored we get in this lockdown during the day ? This Fox is disabled and claims nothing  in benefits and possibly was looking for a bit of company .

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury  I am sure that Michelle and Andy were fully trained at school in the art of the three legged race were they not ? I put it to you that all was needed that night was for them to tie one of their legs to each other and give the Fox a race ...Yes a three legged race , that would have been on equal terms and made the fox happy .

As for the Deer , he cannot get much food as it's winter time . He would like to point out that he and all other Deer's are very nervous by nature and are scared of the dark anyway. Can you imagine how scared and vulnerable  he felt ,when a three legged fox came into view . I put it to you ,that anyone would have crapped themselves had they been outside alone that night . My client the deer is sorry and meant no harm and as a kind gesture did leave you some manure to grow more plants with and rather than mess up your garden left it on your door step for easy access, unlike your dogs and cats that seem to dump it anywhere. Ladies and gentlemen I ask you to find these two poor creatures ....Not Guilty :classic_smile:

Now taking bookings    kalos@getmeoutofclink.com   (very reasonable rates )

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well at least your Michelle has video evidence should you want to sue :classic_unsure:

I would like to put my self forward as the defence for the poor animals should you do so .

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury ,I put it to you that the Fox was simply bored and meant no harm .

Think how bored we get in this lockdown during the day ? This Fox is disabled and claims nothing  in benefits and possibly was looking for a bit of company .

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury  I am sure that Michelle and Andy were fully trained at school in the art of the three legged race were they not ? I put it to you that all was needed that night was for them to tie one of their legs to each other and give the Fox a race ...Yes a three legged race , that would have been on equal terms and made the fox happy .

As for the Deer , he cannot get much food as it's winter time . He would like to point out that he and all other Deer's are very nervous by nature and are scared of the dark anyway. Can you imagine how scared and vulnerable  he felt ,when a three legged fox came into view . I put it to you ,that anyone would have crapped themselves had they been outside alone that night . My client the deer is sorry and meant no harm and as a kind gesture did leave you some manure to grow more plants with and rather than mess up your garden left it on your door step for easy access, unlike your dogs and cats that seem to dump it anywhere. Ladies and gentlemen I ask you to find these two poor creatures ....Not Guilty :classic_smile:

Now taking bookings    kalos@getmeoutofclink.com   (very reasonable rates )

Perhaps it is not real deer or a fox, but a second rate celebrity looking for the ITV studio... 

'WHO'S THAT BEHIND THE MASK'!!! 🎭😂

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Perhaps it is not real deer or a fox, but a second rate celebrity looking for the ITV studio... 

'WHO'S THAT BEHIND THE MASK'!!! 🎭😂

Andy 

I think it was Brian  and his Dads old east end saying ..never get caught :classic_unsure:

• Haha 2

Well I got up a few times last night to look out the window in hope of some snow and to beat my kids at who’s sent the first text snow pictures first, but no just rain I was so disappointed 😞 so now it’s turned out to be a lovely sunny day 😎 got the roast dinner all prepared for a early one today because today is a very important day for my other half ! It’s his semi final night for his team the greenbay packers to play tonight to go through to the final for the superbowl 🤞 and toes crossed for him otherwise he’ll be a bear with a sore head  so that’s our 5 hours of tv watch tonight starting at 7 .

Damion congratulations on your job in getting a permanent position wonderful news for you 🥂🍾

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I go out for my early morning walks to avoid the covidiots,I see loads of foxes.I had to run out in front of a car the other day to shoo a bloody fox away who was sauntering across the road without a care in the world.Bring on the covidiots I'm thinking now.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Have you tried the trick of using a tea light under an inverted shallow flowerpot, with the water container positioned over the hole & benefitting from the tiny amount of heat?  Don’t know if it works - it sounds possible

There’s an invention waiting to be invented there - something battery driven to produce enough heat the keep the birds’ water liquid.  Or the chemical reaction process found in pocket hand warmers?

I have lots of these little hand warmers. I may just give that a try but they tend to only last 4 hours. Yes an invention waiting for someone smart, I’m sure lots of others have the same problem.

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

When I go out for my early morning walks to avoid the covidiots,I see loads of foxes.I had to run out in front of a car the other day to shoo a bloody fox away who was sauntering across the road without a care in the world.Bring on the covidiots I'm thinking now.

I bet the car driver had an interesting story when he got home from night shift.

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 1