P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Yes, signed a full time contract last week. Same company I worked for all my life (and never wanted to leave), great team, already knew the manager and some of the others but everyone has been welcoming. Working from home, 9am-6pm is taking a bit of getting used to but there's a lot of flexibility within that. If and when things get back to normal I'll be in London once or twice a month which I used to do anyway and will look forward to. Such a relief after everything else that has happened.

Thanks to you and everyone else for their kind wishes, it means a lot.

That's great news Damian, very happy for you! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Presto2 said:

PS Notice the 'just sent hubby out' , well poor hubby just fell flying so am going out to finish off. Oh dear ...... if there is such a thing as 'man flu' is there such a thing as a 'man fall / slip' ?

To be fair, he has recovered well and has been a very good and brave patient 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Mine went up 2 ladders today and cleared a leaking gutter.  Don;'t think he should at 82, but try stopping him.

I won't tell mine that - he thinks he was brave attempting the snow, feeding the birds and falling a£££ over elbow in the garden. Nowhere near the big 8 2 ; - )

(To be fair he did come a cropper ---- made me go 'ouch' too)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm sure there was another very shy magpie out there somewhere😊

Avril

I always look frantically to find a second one! One day a couple of years ago in the tree in front of my house there were 7 magpies!!

• Like 2

No hope for me now ..

I got up this morning and lazed about then set about doing our roast dinner complete with wine, preparing to eat at about 2.30/3 as is usual on Sunday... about half an hour beforehand I realised its only Saturday!!!!!   OH just thought I was being efficient!  Oh well, beans tomorrow.

(Best wishes and good luck Damian)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, DamianG said:

Yes, signed a full time contract last week. Same company I worked for all my life (and never wanted to leave), great team, already knew the manager and some of the others but everyone has been welcoming. Working from home, 9am-6pm is taking a bit of getting used to but there's a lot of flexibility within that. If and when things get back to normal I'll be in London once or twice a month which I used to do anyway and will look forward to. Such a relief after everything else that has happened.

Thanks to you and everyone else for their kind wishes, it means a lot.

Brilliant news Damian, so good to hear some.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The corn on my left foot is painful today, I have done a LOT of walking the past few months but I rarely get any pain when wearing the extremely comfortable walking shoes. If the moisturiser does not help as a diabetic I need to see my GP (according to NHS) but I reckon they are somewhat busy at the present. Maybe a beer or two or some paracetamol might help - fed up 😟 Or throw something at the 🐈 😈

Snow forecast for tomorrow 😨

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I always look frantically to find a second one! One day a couple of years ago in the tree in front of my house there were 7 magpies!!

Only 2 magpies around here, they seem to enjoy taunting the 🐈

With 9, now 10 hanging feeders and 2 bird tables within 10 yards of my house the birds are too fat to fly far. Funny thing is my hanging feeder with sunflower kernels is used exclusively by a blue tit, the bird table has a robin, magpies, collared doves and an occassional wood pigeon. the local herd of spoggies prefer the neighbours suet balls.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

The corn on my left foot is painful today, I have done a LOT of walking the past few months but I rarely get any pain when wearing the extremely comfortable walking shoes. If the moisturiser does not help as a diabetic I need to see my GP (according to NHS) but I reckon they are somewhat busy at the present. Maybe a beer or two or some paracetamol might help - fed up 😟 Or throw something at the 🐈 😈

Snow forecast for tomorrow 😨

Snow forecast for Surrey as well so we had our long walk today. Pizza Express click and collect put those lost calories back again. Oh well, perhaps making a snowman will take them off tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

To be fair, unless one is working, one day is very like another ...

Even when one is working, one day is like another. Especially with lockdown learning....

Gone from working 7 hours a day, 5 days a week to 5 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't actually mind it.

• Like 8