P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The Masked Singer is confirmation the world has gone absolutely mad... 

Sheridan Smith dressed up as a sausage and it is the highlight of my weekend... NURSE!!! 

Andy 

Not my kind of programme but I've got sucked into it - definitely Sheridan Smith. Why isn't it obvious to everyone else?

It’s the most gorgeous day - at least from this side of the window!  I suspect it might be a bit chilly out there, but no snow and I can’t see any frost/ice.  We’ll find out soon enough once we go to find which canine friends are in the doggy field

Tesco delivery arrived - all in order.  Large chicken for roasting today then a magical transformation into curry later in the week

It’s not all bad, by any means.  This particular moment is fine

Oh - didn’t draw the curtains till 5.05 yesterday afternoon and there was still a bit of light in the sky

• Like 6

Morning.

It’s a cold one today, I’m watching an episode of cruising with Jane McDonald and wishing I was somewhere warm and sunny 😊

I think it’s Purplesea’s birthday today, so if you see this have a lovely day, if I’ve got the day wrong have a lovely day anyway 😊 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, davecttr said:

The corn on my left foot is painful today, I have done a LOT of walking the past few months but I rarely get any pain when wearing the extremely comfortable walking shoes. If the moisturiser does not help as a diabetic I need to see my GP (according to NHS) but I reckon they are somewhat busy at the present. Maybe a beer or two or some paracetamol might help - fed up 😟 Or throw something at the 🐈 😈

Snow forecast for tomorrow 😨

Did my 4 mile walk at 6.30 still not snowing yet.Chiropodists round here are open by the way.

• Like 2

We’ve never been great TV watchers, other than sport, so I’m managing to miss many of the most talked about programmes like Strictly, Jungle etc.  Certainly haven’t seen the sausage programme - or even heard about it before now!

I have watched a few of the puppy programmes, love The Repair Shop and quite enjoyed the one on Regent Voyager of the Seas(?) earlier this week.  Some people seem prepared to spend an awful lot of money 😳

Cricket from Aus every morning gives us a lovely dose of sunshine.  It’s drawing to a close, with the final on 31 Jan.  Goodness knows what we will do with ourselves then

• Like 1

The world is white with frost up here and beautifully sunny. It was minus 5 through the night (my anorak husband has a weather station with an outside transmitter in the garden). 

It has been nice all week, clear and frosty so we have been able to walk the local farm paths as the muddy ground is frozen. There are no sheep out but the Clydesdales are still in their field.

The bird table is busy, the poor wee things must be struggling. We put out fresh water for them but it is frozen every day at the moment so I don’t know how much they actually get before is freezes up.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The Masked Singer is confirmation the world has gone absolutely mad... 

Sheridan Smith dressed up as a sausage and it is the highlight of my weekend... NURSE!!! 

Andy 

I haven't watched this series. DW watches it upstairs. I realised it wasn't for me when they unmasked and I still didn't know who they were.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

A very good morning from frosty Barnsley. It's -1 at the moment, having warmed up from an earlier -4. It's been a while since we had a 'real' winter here, so the optimistic side of me hopes it bodes well for a 'real' spring and summer this year.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
big oops
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very good morning from frosty Barnsley. It's -1 at the moment, having warmed up from an earlier -4. It's been a while since we had a 'real' winter here, so the pessimistic side of me hopes it bodes well for a 'real' spring and summer this year.

Avril

Your lips to Gods ears! Last spring was amazing, really sunny and warm followed by a hot summer. The good weather was the only thing that offered a bit of joy last year.

I don’t think foreign holidays will be available any time soon so good weather for staycations would be nice.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I haven't watched this series. DW watches it upstairs. I realised it wasn't for me when they unmasked and I still didn't know who they were.🤣

They have much more famous people this series than last.. 

Glenn Hoddle, Mel B etc... 

Shows how bored they must even be... 😊

Andy 

Were -2.c with a -2 chill this morning with a ground frost . Last autumn the Mrs commented to me about how full our Hawthorn tree's were full of berries .Some say it's a sign of a cold winter to come and if true the trees were spot on this year.

The Mrs has just gone and tipped the block of ice out of the birds water up the garden and replaced it with slightly aired  water.

The Blackbirds are wasting no time getting to it this morning .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

They have much more famous people this series than last.. 

Glenn Hoddle, Mel B etc... 

Shows how bored they must even be... 😊

Andy 

Perhaps I'll have a peep next week, or I could shock her and say ' can we watch the masked person on catch up ?',🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Were -2.c with a -2 chill this morning with a ground frost . Last autumn the Mrs commented to me about how full our Hawthorn tree's were full of berries .Some say it's a sign of a cold winter to come and if true the trees were spot on this year.

The Mrs has just gone and tipped the block of ice out of the birds water up the garden and replaced it 

with slightly aired  water. The Blackbirds are wasting no time getting to it this morning .:classic_smile:

Heavy snow in leafy Surrey. DW said we have some snow boots in the cupboard upstairs ,we could go for a walk later. About 1.00pm I'll ask her ' shall I find those snow boots darling?.    Yeah..... right.🤔

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The world is white with frost up here and beautifully sunny. It was minus 5 through the night (my anorak husband has a weather station with an outside transmitter in the garden). 

It has been nice all week, clear and frosty so we have been able to walk the local farm paths as the muddy ground is frozen. There are no sheep out but the Clydesdales are still in their field.

The bird table is busy, the poor wee things must be struggling. We put out fresh water for them but it is frozen every day at the moment so I don’t know how much they actually get before is freezes up.

Aww I love Clydesdales, beautiful, big and gentle. Also the Suffolk Punch, not many of them around now.

• Like 3