P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Sprouts with f&c - 🤮

Damp here - not exactly pouring but enough to damp the dust.  We remarked how incredibly dusty it was as we walked on country paths yesterday.  Poor little short-@rse pup got quite filthy early on but fortunately had a good run through lush green grass towards the end of the walk and cleaned it off.

Have a good day everyone - hopefully no nasty drama like yesterday’s cruise news

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

How about this for being uncouth.I used to mix all my peas into my mashed spuds when I was a kid.Still do it now and then when no ones looking.

Not forgetting the obligatory slice of dry bread and make a sarnie with it .. Luxury :classic_love:

• Like 2

Wrong thread so please no need to comment here, but just wondered if everyone had seen the Staycation thread.  So many people being cancelled due to overbooking presumably and some at quite short notice. Just thought  its worth a look as a lot of us have future staycation bookings.

Often I just pop into this thread then pop out again.

• Like 2

Our grand daughter has been away from school all  of this week self isolating for 10 days because her school bubble had a positive covid test. Then her whole class was told to self isolate and from today her whole year group.

Come September this sort of action can't carry on as there will always be virus circulating in unvaccinated children but the actions taken have to change when all adults are double dozed (Nicola pronunciation) otherwise childrens education will be continually disrupted.

To me this reinforces the call for 12 to 18 yo to be vaccinated for their education as much as the health implications, 

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Please let us know how you go and what are the must see's, we are going to the IoW in Sept for a week, it will be our first visit. Hope you enjoy.

Will do. We have two things booked, Osborne House and Carisbrooke Castle, the rest of the time we'll go with the flow and explore.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I wish I was in Spain or a cruise but stuck in the North East of England and it's probably about 2 weeks since we had any rain which is very unusual weather for us.

Maybe we might get some rain in the next day or two.

It's absolutely piddling down here in the south east, it rained so heavy in the night it woke me up!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Will do. We have two things booked, Osborne House and Carisbrooke Castle, the rest of the time we'll go with the flow and explore.

If in the area we went to this pub a couple of years ago and was really good. Nice pub garden, if the weather is OK.

The Buddle Inn (characterinns.co.uk)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

If in the area we went to this pub a couple of years ago and was really good. Nice pub garden, if the weather is OK.

The Buddle Inn (characterinns.co.uk)

I've just looked that up and it's only 15 minutes from where we're staying so I think we'll book an evening meal there. Thank you!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

In the month of June !! :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

No.

Xmas Pudding is usually only available at Xmas time in our shops but personally if it was available I would eat Xmas Pudding mixed with custard any time.

My answer was in response to Brian who said he mixes his peas in his mashed potatoes.

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No.

Xmas Pudding is usually only available at Xmas time in our shops but personally if it was available I would eat Xmas Pudding mixed with custard any time.

My answer was in response to Brian who said he mixes his peas in his mashed potatoes.

Get Pauline to make you one .:classic_wink:

• Like 1

My  youngest daughter and all of her inlaw's family take the mickey out of us because I put a couple of spoons of baked beans in shepherds pie.  They all think it's an awful thing to do.  I think lots do it.

It all came out while chatting during Zoom quizzes.  It has caused a lot of laughter so that's fine.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I want to book these two places as well when we go in August 

Michelle

• Like 1