P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Have popped along the A500 many times to The Britannia as an away supporter when Southampton are in the same league as Stoke. 

Doesn’t look as though you will be doing that for a while. ☹️

Reading the sad story of UK's longest covid sufferer (one of the forgotten people .)

The battle he had gone through and the damage to his body ,he began to recover

only for more complications to set in which would have meant going back on a

ventilator. He said " No More" and went to a hospice where he passed away .

So sad what covid can do ,my thoughts go out to his family ...

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uks-longest-known-coronavirus-patient-jason-kelk-dies-after-withdrawing-from-treatment-12336139

• Like 12

When I am out and about I don't see many gloomy faces. Restaurants are busy, I booked swimming slots and bar tables for my holiday next week. Lots of trucks on the road delivering stuff to the shops, Paid the balance for our September holiday to Menorca, P&O balance due soon. We can't book again for Canada/Alaska yet, but all the research done ready for when the flights open. Carnival getting ready to cruise from USA soon. It's all looking good. If I do get too happy, I can have a look on here. All opening up soon. If there is an election I will consider things nearer the time, until then life goes on. Enjoy what you are able to. If the grumpy folk stay at home, more room in the pool for the rest of us. A proper cruise in October is looking good.🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Reading the sad story of UK's longest covid sufferer (one of the forgotten people .)

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uks-longest-known-coronavirus-patient-jason-kelk-dies-after-withdrawing-from-treatment-12336139

That is so sad, and the first thing to resonate with me was his age, 49 when he died after contracting the virus almost 18 months ago. It takes a very brave man to make  that decision. 

Avril

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kalos said:

That's awful, and he was still relatively young.

Long Covid is  real, and it has serious effects on peoples lives.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Long but pleasant day at Harrogate.

We had Lunch at the Fat Badger pub at the White Hart Hotel.

We both had fish and chips with baked beans.

IMG_20210619_131743.jpg

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

IMG_20210619_123552.jpg

IMG_20210619_145659.jpg

Hi Graham I love seeing your photos and amazed how much you get about 👍and how much you both are enjoying yourselves 👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Long but pleasant day at Harrogate.

We had Lunch at the Fat Badger pub at the White Hart Hotel.

We both had fish and chips with baked beans.

IMG_20210619_131743.jpg

IMG_20210619_123526.jpg

IMG_20210619_123552.jpg

IMG_20210619_145659.jpg

Lovely photos of you both Graham - as always. That hotel building looks great too. Glad you had a good day. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham I love seeing your photos and amazed how much you get about 👍and how much you both are enjoying yourselves 👍

Thank you Lindy.

It was nice to have 2 nights away in a hotel.

Graham. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Lovely photos of you both Graham - as always. That hotel building looks great too. Glad you had a good day. Jane.x

Thank you Jane.

One was the White Hart Hotel where we have stayed several times the other was the famous Betty's cafe,confectioners, chocolate and tea blenders.

Graham x.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That is so sad, and the first thing to resonate with me was his age, 49 when he died after contracting the virus almost 18 months ago. It takes a very brave man to make  that decision. 

Avril

I saw the story on the news earlier, really struck me he made the decision himself, poor man .

• Like 1

It is currently 12°C and cloudy here.

The hourly forecast is for around 58% chance of rain for several hours today so Pauline is unsure whether to put any washing on the line but it is to warm to put the heating on to dry washing in the house on the radiators.

I hope it is a nice day for everyone.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 4

Good morning hope everyone's ok , looking at the weather maps those who say they

have had no rain should be in luck today. Last night whilst I was offline we was chatting 

about some of the worst cars we have ever owned ,My sisters husband had an old Rover

and would plead with us to open the car door for her as every time she went to touch the

door 9 times out of 10 it would give her a shock. We could touch it and nothing :classic_unsure:

She tried wearing different shoes etc but it just didn't like her . I had my Ford Cortina off 

the road whilst a damaged spring  got repaired . I needed a set of wheels to get me out

and about so I looked in the local newspaper in the £30 and under section and found a 

Citroën dolly for sale with tax and test . It was horrible to drive ,the vent was chicken 

wire ,you had to park it on a hill unless someone would push start you . I think the car 

lasted 3 days before I put it back in the paper for sale.

What is the worst car you have ever owned ?:classic_unsure:   That reminds me of the time I drove

down to London and parked outside the houses of  parliament. A policeman came up

to me and said " You can't park your car here ,MP's work here" I said "it should be safe

as I've locked it up " :classic_biggrin:  Have a good day and stay safe .:classic_love: 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Good morning, and Happy Father's Day to all you gentlemen out there.

The weather's not so good, overcast, light rain and not forecast to improve for the rest of the day. The bathroom is finally finished, so there's plenty to keep us busy inside. Have a good day whatever your doing. Stay safe and take care, that little blighter's not done with us just yet😷

Avril

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

The weather's not so good, overcast, light rain and not forecast to improve for the rest of the day. The bathroom is finally finished, so there's plenty to keep us busy inside. Have a good day whatever your doing. Stay safe and take care, that little blighter's not done with us just yet😷

Avril

Pleased to hear your bathroom is finally finished Avril.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Its a tad cooler here and a bit moist too. First time for weeks we haven't sat out for breakfast, at least I won't need to water the garden. 

Wales play Italy tonight, if they play like they did against Turkey it should be a good game. Looking at the tables they will go through to the last 16 regardless of the score. It would be great if all 3 home teams go through.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Glad you bathroom is finished Avril, I am sure it was worth the mess. 
No rain here at the moment and none forecast for today just cloud although at the moment blue skies are coming over. The grass is very dry abs beginning to turn brown in patches. 
Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is currently 12°C and cloudy here.

The hourly forecast is for around 58% chance of rain for several hours today so Pauline is unsure whether to put any washing on the line but it is to warm to put the heating on to dry washing in the house on the radiators.

I hope it is a nice day for everyone.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Not environmentally friendly but would not be without the tumble dryer whatever the weather.

• Like 1

Just now, Peanut006 said:

I'm sure it will be, but we're still surrounded by the mess. It was only completed on Friday, so we're part way through the big clean-up, the flippin' dust and plaster spreads everywhere. Frank has decided to completely decorate the whole house, which has now morphed into re-varnishing  the oak flooring thoughout the entire house, and new door furniture including the kitchen cabinets. Of course that means new curtains and the purchase of a Tiffany lightshade I've had my eye on for a while😁

Avril

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

No rain here at the moment and none forecast for today just cloud although at the moment blue skies are coming over. The grass is very dry abs beginning to turn brown in patches. 
Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle 

We are off on holiday. Weather doesn't look too bad, but I doubt I will get me abs brown.🤣

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We are off on holiday. Weather doesn't look too bad, but I doubt I will get me abs brown.🤣

and we're off tomorrow to Welsh Wales.  Looking forward to someone putting food in front of me and a change of scene, after a really rude customer this morning 😞

• Like 9