Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.  We’re fortunate to have the best of the  UK weather here, I think. We’re putting it to good use by cleaning our patios and path. (Well, my other half is mostly doing that - his reward is a tin of Cadbury’s cream eggs!)

I’m attaching a couple of seasonal photos: the Easter tree is a miniature oak from the garden whilst the small, flowering plant in the other photo was a gift from our Cornish friends last autumn. 

467AC5E4-DF31-4847-9F87-D8145765E4A2.jpeg

52884355-1AA2-4CD7-A1B7-3A8A1B1FB766.jpeg

• Like 3

Happy Easter everyone! The ham is in the oven for Easter dinner in a few hours at the bluemarble household.

I haven't seen any photos of Hotel Chocolat eggs on this thread yet this year. Was the Easter Bunny generous enough with anyone this year that you received one of those eggs? It's Cadbury eggs for us again this year.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:09 PM, rakkor said:

Of course not - We've £2600 worth of FCC's that need a home, possibly September's Med Cruise esp if the PG prices come down a bit

Lol! You might want to change your mind on that one, Rakkor. We are booked on that cruise!! 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

Lol! You might want to change your mind on that one, Rakkor. We are booked on that cruise!! 

Nah, You're on the 19 night one, there's no availability on that - We were looking at the 14 night Western Med cruise, but the only PG left disappeared over the weekend - Keeping my eye out for an other coming up hopefully. We would have liked to get on your cruise though as we are 17 nights from Diamond and that would have got us over the line.

Edited by rakkor

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

Nah, You're on the 19 night one, there's no availability on that - We were looking at the 14 night Western Med cruise, but the only PG left disappeared over the weekend - Keeping my eye out for an other coming up hopefully. We would have liked to get on your cruise though as we are 17 nights from Diamond and that would have got us over the line.

Shame! We might have won a quiz or two with you both by the end of the cruise🤣

I hope you get booked and get the cruise you want.

6 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Happy Easter everyone! The ham is in the oven for Easter dinner in a few hours at the bluemarble household.

I haven't seen any photos of Hotel Chocolat eggs on this thread yet this year. Was the Easter Bunny generous enough with anyone this year that you received one of those eggs? It's Cadbury eggs for us again this year.

I have some mini eggs I treated myself to - as you can see, I started eating them before Easter!  

D8AEF9C3-601B-4EAF-BD63-67A40D7DCF5F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:39 PM, Bigmike911 said:

Classic FM is doing their Top 300 this weekend and the Benedictus from the "Armed Man" is on the list. I am hoping that The Lark Ascending takes top prize again this year. The people of Ukraine need all the help they can get, but their bravery is astounding. 

The Lark Ascending is on my top 5 list. We were scheduled to hear Joshua Bell play it a few years ago and then there was a program change. 😭

One year the family of niece #2 had a small dish of Cadbury eggs on the kitchen table.  They kept disappearing, but everyone denied eating them.  Even the cat.  So they set up a camera one night to watch the area.  It turned out that they had a mouse with an addiction to chocolate eggs.  They caught the mouse, but I don’t know if they ever found the purloined eggs…. EM

• Haha 5

On 4/17/2022 at 1:39 AM, Bigmike911 said:

Classic FM is doing their Top 300 this weekend and the Benedictus from the "Armed Man" is on the list. I am hoping that The Lark Ascending takes top prize again this year. The people of Ukraine need all the help they can get, but their bravery is astounding. 

We will soon find out what is number 1. I am lucky enough to live quite close to Manchester and Liverpool both with world class orchestras. 

1 hour ago, Lanky Lad said:

We will soon find out what is number 1. I am lucky enough to live quite close to Manchester and Liverpool both with world class orchestras. 

And it is "the Lark Ascending" once again. Playing now at 8:50 BST and 2:50 CDT. 

• Thanks 1

I credit @Bigmike911's posts on this thread with introducing me to the The Classic FM Hall of Fame and to "The Lark Ascending" in particular. A wonderful work indeed. I find it reminiscent of "Scheherazade" by Rimsky-Korsakov which is one of my personal favorites. Another of my favorites for violin that also made the list is "Ashoken Farewell" which I have as my phone's ringtone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naturelovergirl said:

@bluemarble

Now I hear the beautiful musical strains from Scheherazade playing in my brain!

🎶🎶🎶🎶

His Russian Easter Overture would have been appropriate yesterday.  Or we can hold it until Orthodox Easter this coming Sunday…

• Like 1

Hillary Hahn commissioned a group of encores, we heard her play “Mercy” by Max Richter. I don’t think there was a dry eye in the house. We are fortunate to live very close to Benaroya Hall in Seattle, and have been subscribers for many years. The Seattle Symphony is highly regarded. Look up the piece if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

How my day is going…

*sigh* Never mind. The photo of my cat interrupting me keeps posting upside down….Which is exactly an indicator of how my day is going. I even edited it to be upside down and it posted…upside down.

LOL! I give up. 

8B8ADD41-3B77-4A9C-AAF1-BC958A5186E3.jpeg

Edited by Tonopah
Stupid photo
  • Like 5