The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Clay...I see that you've done several with NCL. We never tried them yet but friends of ours enjoy them going out of NY. When we were in Bermuda a few months ago on the Summit, the new Prima docked next to us. Quite an impressive looking ship.

I wouldn't mind trying one of their new ships.  We did a transatlantic on Epic in April and were very disappointed. If you want to read about it, I did a LIVEish thread over on the NCL board. 

• Like 1

A toast to both of you, Clay and Mike!🥂

Looking forward to hearing about about your adventures on the World Journey beginning in Jan 2024. 

I had so enjoyed following your adventures since you retired. I read your Word Press blog as you lived a nomad life traveling through Europe and South America.  I love your trip reports of your cruises on Viking her  on Cruise Critic.

You two are an example of "Seize the day" attitude to life's opportunities, true explorers.

Will you two be taking more than your standard red carryon luggages for this marvelous trip?  😀

BTW, the Virtual Explorers Lounge  is the perfect place to announce this upcoming wonderful journey. It will be here before yo know it... 

Edited by Azulann

17 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I guess since we have all been able to be in a real Explorers' Lounge (or is it Explorer's?  If so which explorer?🤔😂) this thread has gone silent.   But since y'all are the only folks I know that understand my excitement, I had to inside virtually to share. Look what we booked today!😳😀

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

Neptune I assume? We finally get to sail together..... Pity the rest of the passengers....🥃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats to those with Viking WC bookings.  Sadly, since Viking has been slow out of the gate to announce the December 2025/January 2026 WC offering, DH booked us on the Regent WC for January 2026.  Not what we’d planned, but a great itinerary so we needed to jump fast to get our preferred suite.  Sigh.  Why, oh, why, Viking, are you so slow?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Neptune I assume? We finally get to sail together..... Pity the rest of the passengers....🥃

No dAmmit. We are on Sky😢.  Only rooms on Neptune were V waaaaay forward so we elected to be in. DV2 midship on 5.  Sorry to miss meeting you!   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

A toast to both of you, Clay and Mike!🥂

Looking forward to hearing about about your adventures on the World Journey beginning in Jan 2024. 

I had so enjoyed following your adventures since you retired. I read your Word Press blog as you lived a nomad life traveling through Europe and South America.  I love your trip reports of your cruises on Viking her  on Cruise Critic.

You two are an example of "Seize the day" attitude to life's opportunities, true explorers.

Will you two be taking more than your standard red carryon luggages for this marvelous trip?  😀

BTW, the Virtual Explorers Lounge  is the perfect place to announce this upcoming wonderful journey. It will be here before yo know it... 

Thanks for all the kind words!  It wasn't our plan as like BookBabe I was watching for the 24/26 announcement hoping for a southern route around Africa but when we did the math on the promo we just had to jump.  

We haven't gotten into detail on our packing plans but given friends who did the WC in 21/22 have said they greatly overpacked we are thinking we may use the luggage forward service to ship a box of items we expect to use up-toothpaste, prescriptions(yeah yeah I know so maybe not), first aid stuff and use our usual red bags otherwise. 

We figure if we can go for 20 days in the Arctic in them we should be easily able to go for 121 in mostly warm weather. We we pretty much wear the same 7 or 8 outfits at home, why should it be much different onboard?😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

??? Intended to be a tad snarky?  Sorry I even posted to this thread.

I think you are being a bit thin skinned.  Lots of really evil posts, this isn’t one.  Enjoy your cruises.  Most people here, I think, are well meaning, as are you and Jim.  Peace!!  There are so many other things to worry about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And to change the subject........

Have you noticed that the cruise critic app has been relaunched?

I don't know if this happened a while ago and I have only just noticed but I am using it now and it is great to be able to get on the boards easily via my phone once again. 📲😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, photopro2 said:

And to change the subject........

Have you noticed that the cruise critic app has been relaunched?

I don't know if this happened a while ago and I have only just noticed but I am using it now and it is great to be able to get on the boards easily via my phone once again. 📲😀

I have used my phone forever using a browser...is it the old tele-whatever app?

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

I have used my phone forever using a browser...is it the old tele-whatever app?

It is a specific cruise critic app. I noticed a banner for it on the cruise critic website. The app just feels a bit "snappier" than using the browser on my phone. Great news about your WC by the way. 👍

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, photopro2 said:

It is a specific cruise critic app. I noticed a banner for it on the cruise critic website. The app just feels a bit "snappier" than using the browser on my phone. Great news about your WC by the way. 👍

Thanks.  We are excited.   

i don't see a banner and there is nothing in the Apple App Store. Maybe you're an android user?

Edited by Clay Clayton