The Virtual Explorers' Lounge

photopro2

1 minute ago, duquephart said:

Askov. Been through there dozens of time. Historic. Originally Partridge.

Love it, on your way to Duluth on 23?

Yes, you are right. Partridge I think is also the township name.    Danko group of Danes from Iowa and Tyler MN they bought land after the HInckely fire.  Named the town Askov, and the school was called Hans Christian Andersen. They were the rutabaga capital  of the US.  Their summer festival is Rutabaga Days in August. They still have  food booths that sell fresh  made abelskiver. Still have cousins who live in the area. 

Askov has  the  historical museum of Pine County, it  is housed in the old school. 

9 hours ago, Azulann said:

Love it, on your way to Duluth on 23?

Yes, you are right. Partridge I think is also the township name.    Danko group of Danes from Iowa and Tyler MN they bought land after the HInckely fire.  Named the town Askov, and the school was called Hans Christian Andersen. They were the rutabaga capital  of the US.  Their summer festival is Rutabaga Days in August. They still have  food booths that sell fresh  made abelskiver. Still have cousins who live in the area. 

Askov has  the  historical museum of Pine County, it  is housed in the old school. 

Wasn't the town renamed to honor a mayor?

Really good book on the Hinckley Fire = "From the Ashes" by Grace Stageberg Swenson. 

• Like 1

🇮🇹Buongiorno everyone!

We returned Saturday from a wonderful 7 day Azamara "Italy Intensive" cruise from Monte Carlo to Rome.

I just finished my blow by blow review of last weeks fun and frolic..  if anyone is interested here is the link.🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Had those but likely to be our last NCL

Having read your excellent posts on your NCL cruise, I know I will never book a cruise on NCL. Those huge lines and crowds totally turned me off this line. As usual, to each his own…..safe journey to your next destination.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I guess since we have all been able to be in a real Explorers' Lounge (or is it Explorer's?  If so which explorer?🤔😂) this thread has gone silent.   But since y'all are the only folks I know that understand my excitement, I had to inside virtually to share. Look what we booked today!😳😀

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I guess since we have all been able to be in a real Explorers' Lounge (or is it Explorer's?  If so which explorer?🤔😂) this thread has gone silent.   But since y'all are the only folks I know that understand my excitement, I had to inside virtually to share. Look what we booked today!😳😀

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

Congratulations -- so looking forward to "virtually" traveling with you!  its a bucket list for me as well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

Congratulations! Did you go for a port or starboard cabin?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SJD117 said:

Congratulations! Did you go for a port or starboard cabin?

Ended up in a port 5054 as it was middle of the ship and not directly at the elevator or the laundry (but close enough that I won't worry about putting on shoes to go move the loads to the dryer😂)

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

Congrats 🎈🎉 

It’s Explorers’ Lounge, plural possessive.

18 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Ended up in a port 5054

On the Sky! That's cool. I don't think I remember any room numbers from previous cruises, but I will NEVER forget our room during the 2019 Northern Lights trip....5052. Bon voyage! If I were inclined to do a world cruise (which I'm not for many reasons), I'd choose the one you did rather than 180 days. It was great being back on the Sky a few months ago for the Cities of Antiquities cruise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_8166.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

Very happy for you and Mike! It will be amazing!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

On the Sky! That's cool. I don't think I remember any room numbers from previous cruises, but I will NEVER forget our room during the 2019 Northern Lights trip....5052. Bon voyage! If I were inclined to do a world cruise (which I'm not for many reasons), I'd choose the one you did rather than 180 days. It was great being back on the Sky a few months ago for the Cities of Antiquities cruise.

Well we wouldn't have minded boarding in FLL but that would have added $5000 pp to the total and we decided we would rather have another cruise. And Mike's Mom isn't getting any younger so like to spend holidays with her. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Well we wouldn't have minded boarding in FLL but that would have added $5000 pp to the total

What's really interesting about these 4 different WC is that they're ALL on the Sky. So there are two that depart on 12/19/24 but then one ends on 5/6/25 and the other 6/17/25. So I assume it's like different cruise segments (that likely can be booked) so that you've got pax disembarking on 5/6 and the others continuing on till June. Then, there are two more that start on 1/5/25 and, again, one ends on 5/6/25 and the other on 6/17. Interesting.

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

And Mike's Mom isn't getting any younger so like to spend holidays with her. 

I hear you on that. My Mom will turn 101 in November, so I worry about being away if something were to happen. Of course, we'd be coming back then anyway.  I couldn't personally stand to be away from home as long as any of these, but the itineraries all look terrific. 2 weeks+, up to 3 weeks for any trip and I'm truly ready to get back home. So I don't think I'd be a happy camper. Nice to look at the itineraries anyway. I had a trip booked a few years ago that wound up overlapping her 100th birthday. When I booked it , she was not yet 98 and so never gave it much thought! So, as it loomed closer, I knew I could not be away over the event. Worked out well since the assisted living place where she resides put together a wonderful party for her with the family's assistance. Luckily, it was a DIY fly/drive trip and so easy to change things around. And, in the US. Much easier also.

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Ended up in a port 5054 as it was middle of the ship and not directly at the elevator or the laundry (but close enough that I won't worry about putting on shoes to go move the loads to the dryer😂)

Assuming you received the WCS23 Promo, since you started the promo page.  An excellent price for a DV2, with so many inclusions!

The 09 Jan 2024 is nearly sold out.  

Looking forward to your live thread.  Enjoy! A WC is just a dream for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_8166.jpeg

Really, there is only response to this announcement!

snoopy-happy-dance.gif.74f2ab14ddfadd4fd3ae740147a0035e.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Assuming you received the WCS23 Promo, since you started the promo page.  An excellent price for a DV2, with so many inclusions!

The 09 Jan 2024 is nearly sold out.  

Looking forward to your live thread.  Enjoy! A WC is just a dream for me.

Stop dreaming and join us!