April Promo is 60% off second guest

With FCC’s starting to be issued in equal amounts just be aware that Royal is changing from 30% off every guest to the usual 60% off the second guest starting April 1.

This could make a big difference in being able to apply some of those FCC’s.

You might want to reserve your booking in March and not wait.

TA’s can hold rooms with no deposits until May 31 

61A28300-B2D1-43C4-824C-535B01AB5BF3.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With FCC’s starting to be issued in equal amounts just be aware that Royal is changing from 30% off every guest to the usual 60% off the second guest starting April 1.

This could make a big difference in being able to apply some of those FCC’s.

You might want to reserve your booking in March and not wait.

TA’s can hold rooms with no deposits until May 31 

61A28300-B2D1-43C4-824C-535B01AB5BF3.jpeg

New bookings only or can I do a price change/adjustment for a cruise I just booked yesterday for May 2021 that only had 30% off.

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

But....if you originally booked under a 2nd person 60% off, you might be able to use all of the FCC...correct??

No.  They are taking the total cruise amount and dividing it equally among all the guests in the room regardless of how you booked it originally 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, SandiLynn said:

I thought FCC could not be used as deposit, so that would not cover an entire cruise even if it was the same sale. Please correct me if I am wrong. This would have been our first RC cruise.

The FCC can be applied against the deposit.  If you’ve paid the deposit it can be refunded.  You can also currently book through a TA and no deposit is due until May 31 to allow time for the FCC’s to be issued and applied. 

I am asking for my FCC's to be issues proportional to how I paid them (not 33% per person).  Royals new math is designed to make it difficult to get the full FCC values without spending a LOT more money.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I am asking for my FCC's to be issues proportional to how I paid them (not 33% per person).  Royals new math is designed to make it difficult to get the full FCC values without spending a LOT more money.  

I had a friend that spent hours on the phone with different reps and supervisors trying that exact same thing....Royal would not budge. 

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I had a friend that spent hours on the phone with different reps and supervisors trying that exact same thing....Royal would not budge. 

I  was advised, unsolicited by their agent, that any legal action I want to take in regards to my FCC needs to be done in Miami-Dade county.  LOL.  Okay.  I live 40 minutes away.  Might be worth the filing fee 🙂 

8 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I  was advised, unsolicited by their agent, that any legal action I want to take in regards to my FCC needs to be done in Miami-Dade county.  LOL.  Okay.  I live 40 minutes away.  Might be worth the filing fee 🙂 

My friend ended up taking the refund.  Will probably cancel their reservation for next year and book on NCL instead.  Pretty short sighted by Royal in not allowing a bit of flexibility. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on the last sale: 30% off and kids free.  I compared it to my group rate. It ended up not being kids free but it was 30% off for sure.

I still didn't jump at it but I will compare the next one and see if it rates the same or a real 60% off.

Can someone help me with the implication? 

My canceled cruise is much less than the next cruise (in 2021) I already booked months ago.   My full 125% FCC will be around $1000.  My next cruise is well over $2500.   Same 2 people.   I guess I have nothing to worry about no matter how they slice it, right?

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The FCC can be applied against the deposit.  If you’ve paid the deposit it can be refunded.  You can also currently book through a TA and no deposit is due until May 31 to allow time for the FCC’s to be issued and applied. 

Not in Uk.  They are not offering the no deposit option here, I had to deposit pay in full yesterday.   Also I asked specifically about applying the FCC (when I get it), and getting the deposit back as the value of the FCC more than covers the whole cruise fare; and again, I was told no, FCC doesn’t cover deposit or t&f.  Booking direct with RCI.

Edited by little britain

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Not in Uk.  They are not offering the no deposit option here, I had to deposit pay in full yesterday.   Also I asked specifically about applying the FCC (when I get it), and getting the deposit back as the value of the FCC more than covers the whole cruise fare; and again, I was told no, FCC doesn’t cover deposit or t&f.  Booking direct with RCI.

Thanks for the update on the UK terms 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

RCI playing hardball like that makes me glad that the U.S. government is playing hardball with handing any financial aid over to cruise lines. I think it is pretty arrogant for them to maintain the same attitude that they portray in their ridiculous cruise contract at a time when they will be asking our goverment for help with the money that we provide.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, csnarpy said:

on the last sale: 30% off and kids free.  I compared it to my group rate. It ended up not being kids free but it was 30% off for sure.

I still didn't jump at it but I will compare the next one and see if it rates the same or a real 60% off.

I know this thread is specific to being able to apply FCC for each person, but I'm trying to figure out which "sale" is cheaper in the end. Without doing the math, I'm guessing 30% off each passenger is better than 60% off second.  For the cruise we just rebooked, we have 2 rooms of 2 each so will re-price and see on Wed.  This cruise is more anyways so it shouldn't affect us not being able to use our full FCC amount for each.  (Still haven't received it so need to confirm)