Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

We have 3 neato bots, I like them because they think more logically than a Roomba.  That said, if they keep me from vacuuming, I don’t care what they are called.

We have a housekeeper, that's why Roomba is a low priority. 

Bell has ridden it😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, singinalot said:

this is awesome. looking forward to hearing more. I’ve done all of my ancestry and Nate’s

I have some geneology paper work that my grandmother had done back in 1950's Havana.

It's all in Spanish, but I get the gist of it. 

• Like 1

Ugh! Just had to get out of bed and drag our butts down about 8 houses. Cops were already there and it probably took us about 6 - 7 minutes. Part of that time was calling our friend to see if he was home. We are his contact for ADT in case his alarm goes off. Happened last month also. He finally disconnected it until he gets it fixed. Cops must have been in the area since they were there so fast. Wished we would have known that because we would have stayed in bed. 😴

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about Pauline’s friend. Cancer is terrible.

Thanks Renee.

It was secondary cancer in his brain but before the hospital could do anything to treat it he had a massive heart attack in hospital which killed him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Does anyone here save greeting cards from family members ? I probably sound like a hoarder.I have a crate full of cards too.

Pauline kept my late mam's last birthday card for me in October 2011 which was specially made with a cruising theme and promised my mam she would put the card up on every birthday of mine which she does.

My mam died 2-11-11

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have Parkinson’s and was going for therapy but one of my problems is Neuropathy and I lose feeling in my feet and I fall. I have had 36 falls .Even though exercise would be good for me it is not something that I can do that easily.

Best wishes always Lenny from Pauline and me.

Graham.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had a nephew who died from a brain tumor at age 42.I cannot understand why there is not a cure for this terrible disease.

Our Sarah's best friend's husband who is American has been having treatment for about 6 years for a brain tumour and has only recently came out of hospital after his latest treatment 

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Why do we still have early March weather ? When will it get warm ?

Same over the pond. Its been a cold April, and May isn't much better 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:13 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Mike + The Mechanics' The Living Years does that to me.  Especially when I read the comments from the video.

That song was in my spotify daily classic rock mix yesterday ... heard during out personal HH ... what a winner!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Same over the pond. Its been a cold April, and May isn't much better 

3°C here with a thick frost on the car windscreen first thing this morning.

I go later today for my second Pfizer Vaccine Jab.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Good luck with the PZ second jab, I've got my second tomorrow. Hubby's been told surgery is waiting for supply of AZ, so hopefully his second will be next week .

Deep in nappies and cuddles at moment with the birth two weeks ago of my first grandchild 🥰

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Deep in nappies and cuddles at moment with the birth two weeks ago of my first grandchild 🥰

Congrats, Sue, from fellow "grannie" -- you can't believe the happiness it brings to you until you actually experience it. 

I was the last of my friends to be a grannie, and got quite fed up with their grandkids' stories, until one of them, feeling my "pain", declared "only one grandkid story per grannie..." when we met together 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It wasn’t a box of sticks but it was a hockey stick. He likes playing net in the basement even though he is a forward. 

48ADFA90-EA44-458A-9EC3-0BF6016EA9A2.thumb.jpeg.f7f614cfd4a5af9367d1167bb0a64195.jpeg

He got a new iPad to replace his old one, which was mine. 

Lucky for you he's a forward. My middle son, like me, was a goalie and the whole sets of goalie equipment are quite expensive. By the time he was 14, I was getting his goalie hand-me-downs for my birthday. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Good luck with the PZ second jab, I've got my second tomorrow. Hubby's been told surgery is waiting for supply of AZ, so hopefully his second will be next week .

Thanks.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Sue.

I have had my vaccine now so just waiting to be let out. 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Great to here the UK is delivering second shots now.  Hopefully, smooth sailing for you as far as side effects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great to here the UK is delivering second shots now.  Hopefully, smooth sailing for you as far as side effects.

Thanks Bob.

Relaxing at South Shields beachfront now.

Graham.

IMG_20210506_131456.jpg

• Like 7

Plenty of music today on Turner Classic Movies, the schedule is listed below, times are Eastern Daylight Savings Time:

7:30 - 9:15 Hold On from 1966 featuring Herman's Hermits playing in LA

9:15 - 10:45 Jamboree from 1957 with Fats Domino and Frankie Avalon

10:45 - 12:15  Don't Knock the Rock, 1956, with Bill Haley and Allen Freed

12:15 - 2:15  Don't Look Back, 1967, Bob Dylan in England in 1965

2:15 - 4:15 ABBA: The Movie 1977

4:15 - 6:00 A Hard Day's Night,  a day in the life of the Beatles, 1964

6:00 - 8:00  Elvis: That's the Way It Is  1970 documentary 

8:00 - 11:15 West Side Story from 1961 with Natalie Wood.

ENJOY!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Where does it dump it? 🤔

When the roomba goes back to its home base it attaches to a cylinder with a small vacuum bag in it.  It then automatically sucks the dirt out of the roomba into the vacuum bag.  Which holds a good amount.  I set it up in january and the bag is not yet full.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Sue.

I have had my vaccine now so just waiting to be let out. 😀

41 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Same wishes as Bob 🌼

And other good news re: the vaccine.

The "green passport" which was given to all of us Pfizer twice vaccinated + 2 weeks after was due to expire end of July 2021 (~ 6 months from the vaccine). This "green passport" allowed us to dine inside restaurants, go to theatre, swimming pools, hotels, weddings, etc.

Studies show that the efficiency is longer than the initial thought 6 months, so all the "green passports" will be automatically extended until the end of the year.

Also there was talk about a 3rd jab after 6 months, which now seems irrelevant.

Not so good news for heart transplants -- a study showed that only half of the recipients developed Covid antigens.  It seems that the immuno-suppressor meds interfere with the vaccine.

Vaccinated who didn't develop Covid antigens will receive a 3rd or even a 4th jab.

@DaniDanielle, @Sunshine3601

• Like 2