Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I think that helps people know what major  airport is closest to the port.

Really...people are that ignorant?  Sorry...don't buy it.  We also have an airport in Melbourne as well and one in Sanford.  And there are many...many pax that drive here.   

There was an obnoxious ad on the TV lately that noted the beaches of St. Pete and Clearwater as "The beaches of Orlando".  It drew a lot of complaints, which made them change it. 

Orlando is the 'land of the mouse"...but does not own the coast on either side.  

At least they don't call it Rome's , Civitavecchia, or Houston's Galveston. or New York's Cape Liberty, or London's Southampton.  😉 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Bayonne is part of the port of New York.

And is in a totally different state. 😉    Funny that for some reason we know to fly into Newark.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

Today is a great day. Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree in Business Admin (accounting) last May but didn’t get to have a graduation.  Today was 2021 commencement & 2020 grads were invited to participate.  It was staggered appointment times and they were only allowed 2 guests.  Tonight we’re taking her along with middle DD, SIL and 2 little granddaughters to Flemings to celebrate. It’ll be our 1st time inside a restaurant since Feb 2020.  It’s times like these that make me truly dislike oldest DD and her family living in PA.  

D6512A1D-AF9B-4D43-8F82-0085C54EAD09.jpeg

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Today is a great day. Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree in Business Admin (accounting) last May but didn’t get to have a graduation.  Today was 2021 commencement & 2020 grads were invited to participate.  It was staggered appointment times and they were only allowed 2 guests.  Tonight we’re taking her along with middle DD, SIL and 2 little granddaughters to Flemings to celebrate. It’ll be our 1st time inside a restaurant since Feb 2020.  It’s times like these that make me truly dislike oldest DD and her family living in PA.  

Congratulations, you have a beautiful daughter who is obviously very brilliant.  I'm sure you are very proud.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree in Business Admin (accounting)

Congrats.

Beautiful daughter with beautiful parents.

MBA is a great degree, and in accounting is even better 👍.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, George C said:

I hate when they refer to cruises leaving from New Jersey as cruises leaving New York. Love New York, Jersey no so much. 

Technically its part of the same MSA

20 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations to your daughter and her achievements.  Wishing her the best and brightest future ahead of her.

Love Flemings.  Enjoy the celebrations!  Cheers!

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations to your daughter in  earning her master's degree.

Nice photo of a lovely looking family.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry he is having a "crappy week".    Eric was fully vaccinated end of March with Pfizer and transplant team wanted him to get labs 4 weeks after his 2nd dose.   he did so and today they called saying his bloodwork is not great either.    they said they are seeing this with a lot of transplant recipients that are vaccinated and usually just a tweek of meds     So they are reducing his tac to 2 in morning and 1 in evening and repeat labs in 2 weeks.      

I hate when they get him on the phone he never asks questions.    I asked what about his covid antibodies and he shrugs his shoulders.    I will give the nurse a call back this afternoon as I will get a lot more information then he will.    

Sorry to hear this. Charlie is pretty good at questions, we go to Manhattan in a few weeks so we will find out more then. Will ask about antibodies.  Thanks for the heads up and take care of yourself, I know the toll that stress takes on us caretakers.  Constantly worryingly.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations.  What a special thing for your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Our baby, youngest DD, earned her Master’s Degree

Congratulations. Get to see my son graduate from KU next weekend. Cheers to your family!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My mam had Metastatic cancer.

Paulines dad was in remission for 11 years after his Prostate op before it finally took him.

Very sad news about your parents, family and friends Lenny.

It is still hard to believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I hate when they refer to cruises leaving from New Jersey as cruises leaving New York. Love New York, Jersey no so much. 

How about the two football teams,New York Jets and New York Giants who both play in NJ.

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful family photo.   Congratulations to your Daughter.    I wish her many years of success in her endeavors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

How about the two football teams,New York Jets and New York Giants who both play in NJ.

I do root for the New Jersey Giants but we are big Buffalo bills fan who at least play in New York State.

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Congrats.

Beautiful daughter with beautiful parents.

MBA is a great degree, and in accounting is even better 👍.

Laura has an MBA in Finance, I met her in grad school. Still no idea why she left VA and came to Mizzou for grad school. 

I think she knew she would score a hot undergrad.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations. Get to see my son graduate from KU next weekend. Cheers to your family!

I zoomed a college graduation this past week.A family friend who retired a few years ago decided to go back to college for a Masters degree at age 66.He has no desire to do anything with it .The interesting thing is that he was not the oldest graduate.

• Like 2