Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

I thank God everyday for what he gives me. 
and this idea. 

Well done @Lionesss

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, my assignment there ended and have moved on.

I just glance once in a while at your location because you tend to move around some. Welcome back “home” so to speak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. 
Breakfast brunch at hotel. Now back to real everyday life.  
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

I unboxed my moms dress which is 68 years old. Then my mother in laws dress which is 58 years old. Placed their original wedding pictures. Recreated their bouquets as well as have chocolate kisses  and a plaque made to gift to Christina. Once the candles were lit we had daughter called down for a first looked.  She loved it. Later everyone at the reception said they never saw any like this done. 

My moms bouquet was gifted to the longest married couple. And my mother in law s bouquet was the throw bouquet. 

and this idea. 

Thanks for letting me bore you with wedding memories.  

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

F09CC795-CCF8-4C9D-AD1C-DD38B54D0F96.jpeg

What a wonderful tribute to both of them.  Their dresses are lovely and were well kept too!

So happy everything turned out as beautiful as you hoped it would.   

Hopefully you slept in later than 6 am today!

May I ask, where are they off to for honeymoon?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...nice green thumb you have!!  Envious...great harvesting!  🙂 

As your our pineapple expert.  What do we need to do with this?  Eric planted this in dirt after roots appeared.  Put in dirt before we left for the shore in june and not much is happening.  

20210718_130639.jpg

3 hours ago, island lady said:

That was great!  Thanks!  Indeed, our local lobster guys always recommend steaming (not boiling) your lobster.  What a great excursion they had...delicious looking!  🙂 

I suspect that prolongs the agony the lobsters have to go through. I can remember my mother splitting them to make baked stuffed lobsters. The process always bothered me. It doesn't phase my brother in the least. Honestly, I'd rather eat pizza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

Over these last couple months I kept thinking about  my mom and mother in law how they provided babysitting and just plain grandmother roles for Christina. We never paid for child care.   We lost  both of them in recent years. And I cried when I realized they would not be able to share this milestone with Christina. 

Night after night I stayed awake lying in bed trying to think of a way to pay tribute to them other than a rose on an empty chair.   Well God or my guardian angel answered my prayer. 

and this idea. 

In a 92 days if you can put up with me look for my live thread sailing the Symphony. I can only hope I can do as well as my previous CC novelist. 

❤️

Sue. 

@LionesssThis literally made me tear up.  What a beautiful way to honor them. 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

and this idea. 

❤️

Sue. 

Congratulations on the wedding .May they have a long ,healthy and happy life.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect that prolongs the agony the lobsters have to go through. I can remember my mother splitting them to make baked stuffed lobsters. The process always bothered me. It doesn't phase my brother in the least. Honestly, I'd rather eat pizza.

I am possibly the only person who has never eaten lobster.I prefer pizza to almost any food.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Don't see the Mommy though today, I'm a little worried.

We've got two babies about that size that come onto our back yard. They are always with their mom. I'd be a little worried too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It reminded me of how much I miss my grandparents.

Grandparents are so special.  We were also blessed to have my Mom as our daycare provider.  She passed away in 2002, well before the weddings of our two daughters that are married.  When she was battling cancer, my Mom always wore an angel pin.  It was attached to each of the girls bouquets on their wedding day.  

C1A76266-C651-4A22-A0CF-2E82EAAAE80C.jpeg

387F01C8-E5F1-44FA-BBE3-2A993A84C3C3.jpeg

• Like 13

I’m sitting here reading the recent posts and am reminded once again how wonderful this thread is.  It just keeps toddling along with several different topics going at once (food, gardens, hobbies, travels, weddings, etc).  Posters just chime in whenever & wherever they want, almost always kindly, respectfully, helpful, supportive.  Thank you again @dani negreanu

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

When she was battling cancer, my Mom always wore an angel pin.  It was attached to each of the girls bouquets on their wedding day.

Also a great way for your daughters to remember their grandmother.  

• Like 2

Yesterday was a special day here. We had our relatives over the first time in a year for an outdoor post grad get together for Owen. We have not seen any of them for almost a year. Swimming and eating. 

9C5FB05B-2914-4329-A80B-6F34BA8242D7.thumb.jpeg.c72130ee005aae94b4fdebe6109fccbe.jpeg

A few Caesars may have been consumed. 

4B056C4E-D003-4464-88EE-E6E2D4A95FB5.thumb.jpeg.7a8ebb488877869b95b7f1198f622d60.jpeg

Lisa made some amazing cup cakes with edible grad caps. 

9D2A4A0F-6B6B-4FFD-A7F6-73EBF22E6932.thumb.jpeg.6db6a9e0ee2655cfb1cffa8920bb3e87.jpeg

Smarties top button, liquorice tassel, chocolate square top and a mini Reese peanut butter cup bottom. They were amazing.    

47A40D13-D715-4DBD-9D76-343709597C8A.thumb.jpeg.ed64fe42575047f75b15ee0952721cee.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Good morning. 
So much to share. 

and this idea. 

❤️

Sue. 

What you did was so thoughtful and beautiful.   I have never seen such a great tribute.  I can see why you give thanks.  You may have started a very loving family tradition!

• Like 3

Lucy was excited for the day. 

DEED2CA0-3254-4C9F-A3EA-DB22679CD770.thumb.jpeg.859c3b2fa441842a7f1daa013b38d30a.jpeg

Wait, I have to wake up?

B69FCC9A-9E77-4F2C-9444-2187AC9FD523.thumb.jpeg.7731d432fdda4a2a0ac42f5933d8c766.jpeg

She did come out and gift us with her presence. She enjoyed the rubs from the guests. 

C213FDEE-F74F-40BD-A6B9-310D61D7AC29.thumb.jpeg.e1ea4859f64cb040b1e1aeae5d3034d4.jpeg

and shortly there after attacked the grasses behind the fire pit. 

59D593B6-80B8-46D1-87CE-3C4E6D96B122.thumb.jpeg.50db91530131040759e8ab3b15e88db9.jpeg

C1834069-62CE-432F-BF2C-A0869B8134A4.thumb.jpeg.f4fe82ab9664f9b74ad5e9b7d60eee81.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@A&L_Ont So great you guys finally got together. Lisa's cupcakes look amazing. Cheers to another "Caesar."

She calls it her Pinterest success and says thank-you. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am curious as I've never had a "caesar" before and I know it's different than a bloody mary with the Clamato instead of just tomato juice. How would you compare the two taste wise?

To me they taste a million times better. It’s hard to explain. We also use these for garnish along with some celery. 

DF7D0A0F-456E-4074-AB04-ED1DFD04CF16.thumb.jpeg.e75f8fe51f21b4c1461d061cd9748de1.jpeg

• Like 3