Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We went to Disneyland Paris (Euro Disney 1992) a few weeks after it opened in April 1992.

Our first visit to WDW Orlando was in October 1992.

When my wife and I went to Disneyland in 1970 we had a great time.However,it was really geared to kids.In 1980 we took our daughters ages 6 and 3 to an amusement park in NY and had a better appreciation of that kind of activity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s my wife’s and I 42 anniversary.  Time sure does fly by especially when you are enjoying life with such a great as one that I have been blessed with.  So many great memories.  So many we both are realizing we forgot many moments as we go through photos.  So thankful we took them.  I need to take the time to make memories books with the photos.

Happy Anniversary. Here’s to 42 more years together. 🥳

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Have you tried taking a live photo with the iphone 12 promax, and then using the long exposure effects to get this look?  It works pretty well with waterfalls or moving water.

For those who do not know about this, it is accessed as follows.

1. Shoot a photo using live mode

2. Select this photo in the photos app, and swipe up.

3. You can then select from the effects of loop, bounce, or long exposure

For a waterfall, loop will give the effect of water continually flowing.  Bounce will show water flowing down, then up.  Long exposure will give the cotton candy look.

You just have to brace the phone with a gorilla pod or monopod while it takes that 3 second photo.

Thanks for the heads up.  Wife has this phone.  This sounds like a cool option to try out.  I am sure there are other things this phone does that we are overlooking.

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Wife has this phone.  This sounds like a cool option to try out.  I am sure there are other things this phone does that we are overlooking.

I think you can do that with even the older iPhones.  I know I did it back when I had a 6S.  Of course, my 12 pro takes nicer pictures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have reached St Croix. Finally! About time! POD is to walk around town, get a TSOD and then dip feet in the ocean, relax on a beach

Fifth time lucky!!!!! Yayyy!

Have a great day in St. Croix!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from Anchorage,Alaska 

Lakeside Ohio, 1873

Hoping our postponed Lakeside  trip works out in 11 days.  One nice thing about it being postponed, if it works this time, is that it’s the last week it’s open.  The shops that sell TSOTD put them on 1/2 off sale during the last week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We have reached St Croix. Finally! About time! POD is to walk around town, get a TSOD and then dip feet in the ocean, relax on a beach.

A turtle greeted me near the dock as I got onto my balcony to see the first glimpse of St Croix.

Masks are mandatory inside and outside in St Croix. I am certain many will not follow, but we intend to follow and enjoy ourselves....beggars can't be choosers LOL.....we want to go out so we have to follow rules. Just so happy to finally be here. Every cruise before, this port was never reached: emergencies, storms and what not!

Fifth time lucky!!!!! Yayyy!

Glad y’all have made it.  If you will, post some pics of St. Croix.  Have fun!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Continue with day 3:

Couple more pics from Star Wars Land before we headed out:

Saw Chewie hanging around the Falcon

20210809_133849.thumb.jpg.e6a86a3d432be1c3967177c6e06a71f2.jpg

Not sure who this is from the Star Wars Universe.  If anyone is a big fan, please let me know.

20210809_133734.thumb.jpg.eeda59e2c5ae6cde037f91a98c0f2317.jpg

As it was getting hotter by the minute, it was time to try to escape the heat and do an indoor ride.  That meant “Small World” as it’s around 15 minutes and has A.C. 

Small World area in Disneyland is very elaborate with the façade front. If you come here during the holidays, it’s all pink and they change out the Small World song to play Holiday music.  Totally different experience. 

Small world with no special holiday overlay

20210809_135156.thumb.jpg.ea36bfcc7302c82032c3d1ce88d52f8b.jpg

Here’s an old picture from our December 2015 with the Holiday overlay

20151226_214948.thumb.jpg.90aad41328d0e96f47bf0bcdea5ad974.jpg

OMG I cannot imagine how hot it would be to wear that Chewie costume.    

You have a beautiful family!

Keep enjoying the fun and sharing your wonderful photos.   Loving it🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Bob I'm right there too. After being a professional cameraman for 41 years I too want to take a break but I also like good pictures for my trips and reviews. Twangster has been a big influence on me about taking quality photos. The iPhone is perfect for just about every instance.

Like you said sometimes you need that tweak ability that only a DSLR can do. Right now I am waffling on whether to get the Insta360 X2  like twangster has for those great 360 photos and videos. The problem is that it has a learning curve and you need to spend a lot of time on the app editing everything just right. I don't know if I want to work that hard on my cruise. Decisions....decisions.

Something tells me you will you get it and love playing with it.😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s my wife’s and I 42 anniversary.  Time sure does fly by especially when you are enjoying life with such a great as one that I have been blessed with.  So many great memories.  So many we both are realizing we forgot many moments as we go through photos.  So thankful we took them.  I need to take the time to make memories books with the photos.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!   Time sure does fly by and hopefully your next 42 years together will be just as memorable as the first 42 yrs.     Congratulations😍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Something tells me you will you get it and love playing with it.😇

I think you are right. Even my wife Linda says “why are you even asking me about whether or not you should get it, your going to end up getting it anyway?” My wife knows me all too well.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great shots of the Oasis!!!!

My Mother always loved waking up to the see the Statue of Liberty outside her cabin window.   

I didn't like so much as it meant our cruise was over.

I find it amazing how they retract the smoke stacks and fit under some bridges.   I would probably close my eyes, speed up and hope for the best if I was driving.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Mother always loved waking up to the see the Statue of Liberty outside her cabin window.   

I didn't like so much as it meant our cruise was over.

I find it amazing how they retract the smoke stacks and fit under some bridges.   I would probably close my eyes, speed up and hope for the best if I was driving.

In my younger days I would love staying up all night to see Statue of Liberty from the ship, back in those days had inside cabins , now we book nothing but suites 😁, what a difference 45 years make .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It’s my wife’s and I 42 anniversary.  

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Wishing you a happy anniversary!!

1 hour ago, ATG said:

Happy anniversary!  

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Congratulations on your 42nd wedding anniversary.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations. 

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Anniversary wished to you. Cheers to both of you!

59 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Happy Anniversary. Here’s to 42 more years together. 🥳

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!   Time sure does fly by and hopefully your next 42 years together will be just as memorable as the first 42 yrs.     Congratulations😍

Joining all the wonderful wishes above, especially the ones doubling the length of married bliss💕

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have only been to St. Croix once, and it was not even on the itinerary, when Serenade made a refuelling stop for a few hours.

Sorry, somehow I missed it, which ship are you on?

LOL and everrrry time we got on a cruise with St Croix on the itinerary, we haven't been able to stop! So I am quite excited. We are in Christenstad now having lunch on the waterfront. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Equinox. 

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

LOL and everrrry time we got on a cruise with St Croix on the itinerary, we haven't been able to stop! So I am quite excited. We are in Christenstad now having lunch on the waterfront. 

So happy for you.

Equinox is an amazing ship. We were lucky to see the glass blowing show, skipping even dinner to see it twice 😁

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

How is the weather?    I hope skies are crystal clear blue just like the water.

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What happened to your friend, happened to my neighbor this past March.  She was feeling much better after a couple weeks in hospital and they were going to move her to rehab center for PT and she passed away the following morning.  

😢

Since the temperature dropped last Thursday the tomatoes have been ripening up big time.  I have picked over 70 of the larger variety of tomatoes and a bunch of different cherry tomatoes.  Several friends and neighbors are smiling while we share them.  It’s been raining all day so I still have today’s harvest to get.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy Anniversary.  Time sure does fly by.  Hard to believe we were so young and innocent back in the day😳

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Have you tried taking a live photo with the iphone 12 promax, and then using the long exposure effects to get this look?  It works pretty well with waterfalls or moving water.

For those who do not know about this, it is accessed as follows.

1. Shoot a photo using live mode

2. Select this photo in the photos app, and swipe up.

3. You can then select from the effects of loop, bounce, or long exposure

For a waterfall, loop will give the effect of water continually flowing.  Bounce will show water flowing down, then up.  Long exposure will give the cotton candy look.

You just have to brace the phone with a gorilla pod or monopod while it takes that 3 second photo.

SHOOT! (keeping things clean).  I learned this trick a couple of months ago and then forgot completely about it.  I even tried it using water running from the faucet in my kitchen sink to see how it worked.  I just looked at my camera roll and I did not have Live on for that picture.  I normally leave Live off to keep file sizes smaller but did turn it on at some point over the weekend so that I could get the best "frame" from a Live shot.  That wasn't until after I took the waterfall picture.  SHOOT!!!  Thanks for the reminder..