Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

In Ocala, she's a geko hunter

LOL...Katie used to chase the little lizards around the pool deck, bite their tail off, and race through to the cat door to "present" the bedraggled thing to Momma.  Ugh!!  🤢

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Finally, our concrete pilon restauration is finished.

We will be good for at least 10 years.  First step of cleaning the mess...

Dani, this looks amazing.  

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

To all the west coast cruisers, how are you folks holding up from the wild fire?

The past few days whenever I look outside, there's a tinge of orange color due to the wild fire smoke. At night when I look up at the moon, it's pale orange.

Not as bad as last year when it was so orange outside that I thought I was transported to Mars. But my area is still technically above 100 in the www.purpleair.com scale, which isn't a great thing but better than the 300+ registered last year, which is super unhealthy.

Here's a news report:

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/why-the-sun-and-sky-is-orange-in-the-bay-area-photos/

Bad air quality in most of CA per this map

1159267334_Screenshot2021-08-20120310.jpg.0d034168a47829014ce6b47b3b142549.jpg

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

She likes to watch Pelicans and listen to the ocean

Me too!

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

First ever COVID test NEGATIVE Mariner here I come😇 (Monday)

Yay Molly and Dan!!  Have fun on the Mariner!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, harryfat1 said:

But my area is still technically above 100 in the www.purpleair.com scale, which isn't a great thing but better than the 300+ registered last year, which is super unhealthy.

😢  /  👎

[Those are the "buttons" agreed upon on this thread instead of the missing buttons of "sad", "sorry", etc.]

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yours is way bigger, and you can barbecue. 😉

That's a no no here.😪

According to our HOA and management company state law says no open flames in condo complexes. 
When I sit on my lanai, sometimes I get a mouthwatering scent of steak on a grill. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

According to our HOA and management company state law says no open flames in condo complexes. 
When I sit on my lanai, sometimes I get a mouthwatering scent of steak on a grill. 

In Cocoa Beach, first floor units can keep a propane grill on their patio, but have to move it 10' away to use it. Or so I understand 

On 8/17/2021 at 3:05 PM, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Sue on your 30th Wedding Anniversary!

We happen to have the same last name, btw!😉

Congrats from me also.

@Lionesss I used to know someone with your same name. First and last. Unfortunately she has since passed, but her hubby (Mike) is Mike’s godfather.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

One daughter home school’s her children.  They started a couple months ago so if they want or need to take time off they do not fall behind. 

Another daughter has two that started this week.

EDE54038-1E72-46BE-B189-C385CC749462.thumb.jpeg.0e373e93055156307c06d0aa1d182a87.jpeg662A0E45-CD29-4D27-9DA6-60A285895B3E.thumb.jpeg.ac4691517abf840e256ba5edd6244edd.jpegC3165F31-0EDD-484A-BDC6-B220F43C977D.thumb.jpeg.5d3577e94738617f81e6ba9074e0110e.jpegC671F10C-2773-475E-A476-C88730A71F6F.thumb.jpeg.59d08d765dfec0902fd6be5877f73428.jpegC671F10C-2773-475E-A476-C88730A71F6F.thumb.jpeg.59d08d765dfec0902fd6be5877f73428.jpeg

Beautiful grandchildren.   Love their little school uniforms too!    

Are they allowed to wear the fancy decorated sneakers to school or I guess not with the uniforms?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

We're not allowed at our condo either, but our building is next to the pool and clubhouse, where we have 3 grills by the pool.  We're fortunate to just walk down one flight of stairs and go through the gate to barbeque.  Most of the people wanting to grill have to drive from their building to do so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We're not allowed at our condo either, but our building is next to the pool and clubhouse, where we have 3 grills by the pool.  We're fortunate to just walk down one flight of stairs and go through the gate to barbeque.  Most of the people wanting to grill have to drive from their building to do so.

That's nice you only one flight of stairs to get to BBQ.   IF I had to load everything into my car to get there I don't think I will grill as much as I do during the summer months. 

• Like 2