Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Part two of the day, after our morning with the grandkids, was to drive to Lake Erie to celebrate sister-in-law’s birthday.  

Enjoyed a little lake side dining. With nice views. 

B020E3B6-89F3-419A-A538-1884C0C9F6D2.thumb.jpeg.035bc016ca97f7706c22cbc69fd592d5.jpeg

My Chorizo Linguine.  Spicy, just like I like it. 

9F65B4E1-1A65-4B58-A6F0-630D18B4E688.thumb.jpeg.0c2e7c293bd3fecf08a7ba6fa1a21246.jpeg

It looks like broccolirabe with your chorizo??  One of my favorite go-to's when it's on the menu!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

For years now, due to doing so much traveling, we "cut the cord" and don't have a home phone any longer.  Would have to text the neighbor, who we pay to watch our house, to see if there was power or damage.  

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did the same thing.  Cell phones only.  Seeing you write this made me think whether or not our house even has a phone jack.  I just looked around...no jacks anywhere.  Previous owners must have built the house with cell phones only in mind. 

40 minutes ago, George C said:

My brother recently visited and was surprised we still had home phone and still have newspaper delivered. 

We were all ready to forego the land line when we moved south, however we found out with our security system younger to have it in place, besides it's covered in our HOA fees.  We have 1 phone with the answering machine we brought with us.  It sits behind a cabinet just in case, couldn't tell you what the number is, have it in cell when I need it.  Did give it to our kids when a hurricane was heading this way in case cell coverage went out.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...good to be back to civilization again!  😉  Like the song goes....

"Don't know what you got till it's gone".  😄 

Now I've got the song "Dreams" stuck in my head. Which is a good song to have stuck in my head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sooo..it looks like next year for us...but that's OK...has been an interesting hunt and have narrowed in on local areas we prefer, type of home, and set up.  Know more of what we want now.  Research is good.  😉 

Do you think you might build? It sounds like you have specific preferences, like a large and clean kitchen!

• Like 1

CC moves on.  Now when someone presses the little like button at the lower right corner of a post,  CC now lists who pushed it, not just a number of users who reacted.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, island lady said:

That was the same thing I used to do during the rare times we had to evacuate (being on a barrier island).   

Our daughter Melanie lived in Indialantic around 20 years ago.  Her dining room window got blown out, and they were without power for around 2 weeks also.  Luckily, she, her DH and little dog Penny were able to stay at our Condo in Naples.  When they got hit the second time, I talked her into coming back to NY.  She was the "Morning Girl" at the Radio station WCEE 93.1, which was a brand new station.  She loved it and had many followers!  Once she got back home, she applied for a job at the Fox News Radio and was hired right away. Fox was a great company to work for.

• Like 3

Part 1 of our day today was to take the grandkids out for breakfast.  Then it was off to the Linesville spillway to feed some fish.  

Saw this along the way, and we were wonder if we could fit underneath. 

BC49C7F4-11CC-4651-87CB-C84E01B55EA1.thumb.jpeg.1d6aee89e241b5b4ce526e32167a2148.jpeg

Very few people there today, so they started feeding with the 11 loaves of bread we brought

5C08D194-3312-452E-BC9A-12FC7CA1B98E.thumb.jpeg.e037352e3c2a8ab19ecfa78d1c4f2454.jpeg

The fish were hungry 

E1621A80-2487-4601-A8BA-C12FD4073A5F.thumb.jpeg.adaae1294bf695dd7cca0deecdcedda2.jpeg

Seeing if the gulls could catch some bread

Getting rid of the last slices

1FF0E447-43CD-4833-BCC0-84FEB94C8A05.thumb.jpeg.8e75b8d5f3ca2a998fe689fcd3bf23d1.jpeg

• Like 7

Hi All.  On the Oasis and loving every minute!!!! All went well, checkin was a breeze, on the ship by noon.  Enough people around and everyone following the rules. Enjoying half priced drinks🍾

I am putting on some pictures but I think they are upside down so turn your devices around….🤪5CA49D83-B8B1-4F73-995D-78EB49DE1CE9.thumb.jpeg.df9038fd036b3ffd79f6bce6bee1e1b2.jpeg1997BB0D9-11E2-4FA1-BF29-BBFDDBA82457.thumb.jpeg.e953ba5cf1f64263fb5f587f709cf5d8.jpegFFA9002A-1BC0-408B-851F-7DAF668FD77B.thumb.jpeg.72f22c868d7050e54fc5c9bcccc0a7a4.jpegFFA9002A-1BC0-408B-851F-7DAF668FD77B.thumb.jpeg.72f22c868d7050e54fc5c9bcccc0a7a4.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I am guessing you are supernaturally lucky, driving tens of thousands of miles year after year and no sharp objects ever under your wheels.  

I didn’t make it until I was 17.  I must have been born under a black cloud.

I never drove that much.

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

What phone are you using? 

It’s my iPad.  You had to be here for QR scanning debacle!  I finally got it though.  Room Steward just shook his head.  He is actually the best one we have ever had.

Edited by DaniDanielle
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

He lives in NYC. It is probably possible to drive zero miles a year or not even own a car.

He does not live in NYC .He left there in 2003.We owned cars from 1972 to 2002 in NYC and living in Brooklyn had to drive to get to places especially if one does not live near public transportation that would conveniently get one from place to place.

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am putting on some pictures but I think they are upside down so turn your devices around….🤪5CA49D83-B8B1-4F73-995D-78EB49DE1CE9.thumb.jpeg.df9038fd036b3ffd79f6bce6bee1e1b2.jpeg

I know this view, it’s from the WJ.  I’ve spent many hours on our balcony above to know that they revamped the mini golf at it’s last dry dock. 

Enjoy it for all of us. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He does not live in NYC .He left there in 2003.We owned cars from 1972 to 2002 in NYC and living in Brooklyn had to drive to get to places especially if one does not live near public transportation that would conveniently get one from place to place.

Ok, sorry for my mistake.

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We've been on an overnight in Kauai, which gave us the opportunity to tour without worrying about missing the ship in the evening.

We found Kauai the most beautiful of the islands we visited during the cruise (overnight in Maui, BI and Kuna).

The Waimea canyon is simply breathtaking.

When we left Kauai, the ship cruised slowly along the Na'apali coast. Again - I'm at loss of words -- sheer beauty.

Waimea canyon

DSC_1327.JPG

DSC_1329 (1280x853).jpg

DSC_1330.JPG

DSC_1334.JPG

Na'apali coast

DSC_1469.JPG

DSC_1476.JPG

A friend of mine relocated from Brooklyn,NY to Maui.He said he is living in Paradise

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds delicious.  I will be printing this and give it a try next time I get fresh scallops.

Thank you for taking the time to post this😊

Were you able to print the one that appeared in the WSJ?