Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, George C said:

From April to October that’s all I wear is cargo shorts and tank tops , unless we go to a restaurant.

I wear Cargo Capris!!  😉   Love all the pockets.  Perfect for cruising for me as well.  Don't have to take a purse with me!  😄 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I wear Cargo Capris!!  😉   Love all the pockets.  Perfect for cruising for me as well.  Don't have to take a purse with me!  😄 

Agree. Plus you don't need to wear a stupid lanyard for your Seapass card. 😂

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I mean that I never met you .I have met many CC regulars on cruises including 2 who post on this thread .

It's not in your best interest to meet me in person. Around half of the CC gentlemen who have met Bella at our condo are no longer with us. 

Both around your age

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, freddyflounder said:

Over 1000 pages! I'm new here so can someone please summarize this topic for me.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're bored and making do as best we can😇

An alternative version of John's -- wheeling the time until cruising resumes as we knew and loved it.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Never had a lawn service for any of our homes.  I do a much better job than some of my neighbors that do have a yard service and our yard looks a lot better also. No HOA for our subdivision. To be honest, I actually enjoy it, and I work cheap. I do all the edging, trimming, mowing, watering (automatic sprinkler system), fertilizing and pest control. Great way to keep the tan going and to escape reality (temporarily) . My wife does all the planting and upkeep of flowers. Enjoying a cold Budweiser as I type this. Wine later for HH. My pay.  🍷🍻

That worked for us...until we started traveling so much.  Lawn service required...elsewise the neighbors would have us hauled into court for maintaining a jungle in our yard while we were gone.  😄 

Our lawn crew simply mutilates our yard,  then Bucky spends a lot of time trimming when we get home.  At least the Elephants and Giraffes are not lost in the jungle that would have been.  🐘

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Plus you don't need to wear a stupid lanyard for your Seapass card. 😂

Umm no...definitely not.  No lanyards, no wrist bands.  😄 

Reminds me of "Minnie Pearl"...with her price tag still attached...remember that old TV show?  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not in your best interest to meet me in person. Around half of the CC gentlemen who have met Bella at our condo are no longer with us. 

Both around your age

As I have posted here numerous times I am dealing with 2 serious medical conditions for which there is no cure.I know that I may be leaving the planet sooner than others my age but I try my best to enjoy life and engage in interesting conversation.My wife once drove 5 hours so that I could meet a CC guy .We went for lunch with him and his wife.I had to bribe her to do this.We arrived at the restaurant at noon and the owner had to “throw “ us out because we were talking non stop for 4 hours.
We became very good friends but unfortunately he and his wife moved to FL at the point when I could no longer travel.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Both around your age

I have a 95 year old mother who luckily is in good shape but seems none of her friends last long after they become friends, I told her not to wear a dark robe and cycle when going to dinning room .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I GIVE UP!!!  One minute I can hit the react button.  It works;  it doesn't work.  I multi-quote one minute, then I can't the next time.  I can quote one minute, can't the next minute.  I keep getting out of CC, then go on to quote, or react, or whatever, then I again have to get out of CC and go on again.  This is driving me crazy!!!!!  not in a good way🤪

You may of already seen this suggestion but Before getting out of CC next time, hit the refresh button.  Seems to work for a few here.  I have only signed out once this month and that was because a CC update knocked me out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Never had a lawn service for any of our homes.  I do a much better job than some of my neighbors that do have a yard service and our yard looks a lot better also. No HOA for our subdivision. To be honest, I actually enjoy it, and I work cheap. I do all the edging, trimming, mowing, watering (automatic sprinkler system), fertilizing and pest control. Great way to keep the tan going and to escape reality (temporarily) . My wife does all the planting and upkeep of flowers. Enjoying a cold Budweiser as I type this. Wine later for HH. My pay.  🍷🍻

Neither my wife nor I have ever mowed a lawn or planted anything .We have always had someone do it for us .

In the nearly 20 years that we have lived in the condo they have a lawn care crew .

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You may of already seen this suggestion but Before getting out of CC next time, hit the refresh button.  Seems to work for a few here.  I have only signed out once this month and that was because a CC update knocked me out.

I cannot recall the last time I signed out.What is the worse that can happen ?

Our HOA takes care of common areas.  They would be overwhelmed if they tried to mow owner’s lawns here.  I started a fertilizing service last year.  It was overwhelming to me.  When comparing the service cost to my cost, effort, and especially outcome it was well worth it.  I do the rest.  I have always gone with a "pharisee" cut.  I make sure it looks good in the front yard 😀 and not as concerned with the backyard. This year the wife took over the backyard and it is turning into a garden.  It is looking so nice some have mentioned it might make a good place for the grandkids weddings.  It will be awhile to see if that pans out.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I cannot recall the last time I signed out.What is the worse that can happen ?

Not sure if anything bad can happen.  Even if I close my browser and then open back up CC in the browser I am automatically signed in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Not sure if anything bad can happen.  Even if I close my browser and then open back up CC in the browser I am automatically signed in.

I have been posting on a NYC nostalgia board since 1999.I never sign out there either.However,I do not post there that much.I am addicted to CC.😀

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been posting on a NYC nostalgia board since 1999.I never sign out there either.However,I do not post there that much.I am addicted to CC.😀

Bob quit cold turkey, but the addiction is real.

Screenshot_20210826-162215_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ea43f8771d71368953d94a738e08f03e.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-162150_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3c65d2c1499722e0bc1eacce765f59d4.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, freddyflounder said:

Over 1000 pages! I'm new here so can someone please summarize this topic for me.

Well in a nutshell I would say life.  If you ever have concerns with getting addicted to something I would suggest leaving quickly.  Once you get to know this family it’s hard to walk away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Funny everyone posting cats when it's National Dog Appreciation Day. Guess this is another way cats can mess with dogs.🤪

This is what Miss Priss thinks of National Dog Appreciation Day.  😜  Actually, we lost Miss Priss last month, but she had a unique personality and could win any staring contest.  

20210508_095655.thumb.jpg.682a1800ac48fbbc585d3eafe1114b2e.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 1