Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night I had the absolutely worst side effects ever from taking a flu shot.

I had fever,chills,pain ,tremors and I could not get off the bed to go to the bathroom.Toby had to pick me up and even that did not work that well.

I took pain medication at 3:30 AM and that knocked me out .

This morning I am feeling okay,but what a night.

So sorry you had to go thru that for a flu shot.    Was it the quad shot?

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Aloha!  We made it to Oahu, Hawaii on Tuesday. Weather has been beautiful.  It is not packed with tourists like before because international travel restrictions are still in place.  But there is still enough tourists from so many different states that it’s nice to see people enjoying their vacations. 

This is our hotel for the next 9 days.

0398473B-5328-4774-9E2D-5CBF132F2510.thumb.jpeg.b18c304441789ce08f8f3187edb9c7af.jpeg

View from our room

FFE391F6-D12B-42E9-B380-55591D0217B4.thumb.jpeg.912f8b89acf2b49c0d7af793d8d73a54.jpeg

Our  first visit after hotel check-in was Costco for some stuff.  They had Custard Pie!  Same size as their Pumpkin Pie.  It is veerrry good.

DD7C0B6B-EB52-4E40-93E0-D81312BA9584.thumb.jpeg.d85ce782b548e668e8fdf4b553fe07ca.jpeg

Beautiful!    Have a wonderful trip and don't forget to send us some pictures, please.    

Enjoy to the fullest😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!!!!🥰   I am sure you granddaughter is happy she can go back to school too!

The poor kid is stuck home until next Wednesday.  The protocol for the school forbids her from going back even though we are both negative.  She tested negative last week.  The principal tried his best but the higher ups said she had to stay home.  Of course, she blames us😳

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

question - did you buy the samsung s20 or s21?    Eric bought online the s20 and is hoping he will like it, should arrive next week.    

The S20 still has an SD card expansion slot. That is a winner in my book. I'm not sure there is much that makes the 21 a better phone. It may have some camera refinements. Let us know how he likes the 20.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I think it is more likely that the others will like the idea that she did not put them in a position where they could be voted out .

I'm sure they will like it and thank her... just before they write her name down at tribal.😄

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The S20 still has an SD card expansion slot. That is a winner in my book. I'm not sure there is much that makes the 21 a better phone. It may have some camera refinements. Let us know how he likes the 20.

That is exactly why he bought the s20 as he wants to add his sd card.   I will definitely let you know how he likes it.  If he likes then I may ask for one for Christmas.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The poor kid is stuck home until next Wednesday.  The protocol for the school forbids her from going back even though we are both negative.  She tested negative last week.  The principal tried his best but the higher ups said she had to stay home.  Of course, she blames us😳

That stinks😥

• Like 4

We did take out tonight.  I cannot believe I ate the whole thing but we were both craving cheesesteaks.  That is one thing I have never found a good place on Lbi.

Tomorrow morning I go for routine cleaning at dentist then to the office for a bit then get my manicure.  I havent had one since beginning of october and boy do my nails need it.

@Luckynana. Glad to hear all went well with cleaning and winterizing the koi pond.  How is Jim's knee feeling?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you Bonnie. One thing I look forward too as much as it hurts leaving and missing my friends who I work with everyday is connecting and making new friends with my fellow cruisers here. Thank you for adopting me and I hope to meet all of you someday on board.

And we don't have to pay for your braces, education, etc. etc!!

Any thoughts to joining over 50 of us on the Friends of Bella cruise on March 12. 2023?

What a fun cruise that one is gonna be!

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana. Glad to hear all went well with cleaning and winterizing the koi pond.  How is Jim's knee feeling?

Thank you for asking, Debbie.  Jim's doing pretty well.  He is still hurting but not complaining;  the PT has been working on strengthening Jim's quads to help with going up the stairs.  No problem coming down the stairs.  He's been walking without the walker for at least a week or so now.  😊

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Any thoughts to joining over 50 of us on the Friends of Bella cruise on March 12. 2023?

That would be wonderful if you and Linda could join us, Greg!  

Bonnie, dear friends of ours are planning on joining the Bella cruise, also!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did take out tonight.  I cannot believe I ate the whole thing but we were both craving cheesesteaks.  That is one thing I have never found a good place on Lbi.

That's weird, right?  Some of the best cheesesteaks I've had have been on the NJ boardwalks - Seaside, AC,  Wildwood, etc. But I've always been disappointed in the ones I've had on LBI.  I guess there because there is no boardwalk in LBI? Although Fantasy Island has the boardwalk atmosphere...and pretty good pizza to go with it. I forget the real name of the place but we  call it the Big Pizza because each slice is like a 1/3 of a large pie. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Might raffle Bella off for a 9 month visit starting December '23🤣🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is one of the things that I love about Survivor.  Some people seem to trip over themselves in trying to make a "big move" and get quickly voted out.  Others play it too safe and may get to the final 3, but only because everyone knows they will lose with nothing to show on their "resume".  You can't be too timid, too aggressive, too athletic, too social, too strategic, etc.  It's a very fine line.  You also never know how much the jury will appreciate aggressive play (a la Tony).

We couldn’t stand Tony the first time he was on Survivor. Then he came back, and we rooted for him just about from the beginning. 
Tribal is almost always surprising. When they’re walking from camp with their torches, we always laugh because we know whatever it appeared would happen usually doesn’t. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That's weird, right?  Some of the best cheesesteaks I've had have been on the NJ boardwalks - Seaside, AC,  Wildwood, etc. But I've always been disappointed in the ones I've had on LBI.  I guess there because there is no boardwalk in LBI? Although Fantasy Island has the boardwalk atmosphere...and pretty good pizza to go with it. I forget the real name of the place but we  call it the Big Pizza because each slice is like a 1/3 of a large pie. 

Bay village pizza next to the golf course/water park has the huge slices.  Their pizza is good.  We tried cheesesteaks at various places over the years and noone has it figured out.  Maybe I should open a cheesesteak joint 😃

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So, what have I missed?

On this thread, talk of dementia, @Sea Dog retiring, @grapau27 birthday, @dani negreanu wedding reception outfit,  TV shows, phones,  various flu shots and covid tests, weather and a dozen other topics that will  eventually come to my preoccupied (not dementia) mind.

On the main boards, people arguing about Sorrento's pizza, gifts for the crew and if water slides belong on ships. No tipping or dress codes threads that  I've seen but I think CC has officially returned to normal.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bay village pizza next to the golf course/water park has the huge slices

That would be the place I speak of. Walking distance from the house my in-laws usually rent.

And yes, you should open a decent cheesesteak place.  "Sunshines  Cheesesteak and more" is a winning name.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Might raffle Bella off for a 9 month visit starting December '23🤣🤣

I somehow don't see that happening or are you planning to take Felix and Family on the cruise with you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Deb. I had a wonderful lunch with my boss. We discussed how important it is for companies to treat their employee's as family. I believe when you work with people who you love and respect you can achieve great things. Tomorrow will be bittersweet. I wear my heart on my sleeve so there will be lot's of tears all around.

It will be hard to say the final goodbye, because you’re starting a new chapter without your “work family”. 
Thanks to social media, though, you can still keep in touch. Someone at my old company started a Facebook page and we all post enough to still feel a connection. 
Retiring is bittersweet, but the ability to do what’s important to you outweighs the leaving the familiarity of a well loved job. 

• Like 3