Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Wonderful!!!  I hope wherever you go, you take us along if only virtually.

So many wonderful ports of call and plenty of sea days in between to relax and rejuvenate.

I hope you and Laura get to visit Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.  To me, Tel Aviv is the heart of Israel and Jerusalem, its soul.

Almost no sea days once we hit the Med. Several overnights though.

• Like 3

On 11/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, Coralc said:

...But there are so many electronic things, that you practically have to consult the encyclopedia sized manual on anything to figure stuff out. :classic_biggrin:

Same here with the Denali. To many gadgets and things it can do. I just need something that gets me where I need to go, has ac and doesn't break down and I'm happy. I really do like the backup camera though as I've never had one before.

On 11/7/2021 at 7:00 PM, dani negreanu said:

My [wealthy] cousin in Germany has a brand new Tesla.

I've asked her how is the new car.

Her reply: "An IPad on wheels".....😁

Mike has one on order and it was supposed to come in at the end of October and was then changed to the end of November. I'm wondering if it won't be delayed again.

On 11/7/2021 at 7:02 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I have a black interior with heated/cooled seats. I like it.

The cooling seats feel weird to me, but I like to use the heat sometimes. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I just got my answer.  I saw the the above breakdown and started to share with Sharon so she paused the tv.  I read to her where each quarter sail was going and how long it would be.  Then I asked her which one sound the best.  She smiled at me then unpaused the tv.   😂 I don’t think she is ready to be away from grandkids that long.  Maybe 3 weeks but 3 months is a no go.  
This is going to be a great cruise.  I hope you choose to share it with us!  

I could end up with more t-shirts than Lenny

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Almost no sea days once we hit the Med. Several overnights though.

We did 2 overnight cruises to Bermuda, one cruise had overnight in Cozumel to bypass a hurricane near Grand Cayman.  Staying overnight was wonderful.  No rushing back to the ship. 

Where does the ship depart from?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We did 2 overnight cruises to Bermuda, one cruise had overnight in Cozumel to bypass a hurricane near Grand Cayman.  Staying overnight was wonderful.  No rushing back to the ship. 

We did three nights in Bermuda. It was very relaxing coming and going from the ship as we pleased and not feeling the need to cram so much into the day.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Miami, supposed to be a kickoff party the night before.

• Like 2

Reading all this about the world cruise, I have to tell this story.

A couple at our church have been on three world cruises.  World cruises tend to skew to the older age groups who can afford the extended time away from home.  They told us about a couple at their dining table doing their bucket list world cruise.

Unfortunately, during the cruise, one of them passed away.   The wife made arrangements to have her husband cremated at the next port, and brought his ashes back aboard with her.  She remarked that her husband always wanted to do a world cruise, and he was going to finish that one.

I never really thought about people passing away on a cruise, other than the occasional jumpers.  But I understand every ship has a morgue that typically holds 3 to 6.

I guess that is one place they do not include in a ship tour.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I understand every ship has a morgue that typically holds 3 to 6.

I became friendly with a ship's doctor on one of our cruises. It was included on the tour he gave me

• Like 4

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Canadian Rockies trip was my first time going anywhere by Air

Wow! That's pretty cool. My plan for that trip is to fly in and out of Calgary and do the rest myself. I'm figuring about 11-12 days (I don't think I need a full 2 weeks), probably early September being that I read many of the park amenities (including lodging) starts to close up later in the month. It won't happen next year or the year after though since I already have trips booked that would interfere with that general timeframe. What's driving me crazy is the uncertainty of whatever Viking is going to allegedly still offer those who were on the (nearly) ill-fated Northern Lights cruise back in March of '19. It was a really nice complimentary inaugural sailing on the Venus - scheduled for January of '21 - but then it never happened. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did more than 30 long distance road trips from 1967 to 2007.

Still my favorite mode of travel - either all driving or else, depending on distance and time required, we fly/drive. Our most recent - before covid - was a fly/drive that started and ended in Grand Junction, CO - did all 5 National Parks in Utah plus Mesa Verde and a few other stops - absolutely amazing. A highlight was having a tour of Monument Valley, AZ with a Navajo guide. Way up there on the list of my all-time favorite trips. Another was driving down through FL, across the Keys and then flying home out of Key West. Driving the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway is another great trip - especially in fall. Cruises and organized land tours (like through Collette or Tauck) are my next favorite types of travel, as long as any of these modes aren't much more than 3 weeks - that's about my limit as to being ready to return home, so obviously even a segment of the recently discussed WC is not even under consideration. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The wife made arrangements to have her husband cremated at the next port, and brought his ashes back aboard with her.  She remarked that her husband always wanted to do a world cruise, and he was going to finish that one.

I never really thought about people passing away on a cruise, other than the occasional jumpers.  But I understand every ship has a morgue that typically holds 3 to 6.

Wow...that's a powerful story. Like many of us undoubtedly, I've been on cruises where someone leaves the ship and gets taken away by ambulance. Then, sadly, you see the spouse get off with all the luggage, etc. One time we barely left port and had to come right back in due to a medical emergency. Must be tough to be so far away from home when a medical event happens. My former boss died while on a cruise with his wife in the Caribbean. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Reading all this about the world cruise, I have to tell this story.

A couple at our church have been on three world cruises.  World cruises tend to skew to the older age groups who can afford the extended time away from home.  They told us about a couple at their dining table doing their bucket list world cruise.

Unfortunately, during the cruise, one of them passed away.   The wife made arrangements to have her husband cremated at the next port, and brought his ashes back aboard with her.  She remarked that her husband always wanted to do a world cruise, and he was going to finish that one.

World Cruise reminded me of Bob Brown. I was following Bob Brown's posts on his world cruise couple years ago. He suffered a heart attack, was moved to a hospital somewhere, met the love of his life (Betsy) on that cruise, got married on that cruise. I loved reading his blog/posts. He had a huge following! I haven't seen him post much lately, but I haven't looked/searched.

We met Bob on a couple of NCL and Royal cruises and played trivia. We really enjoyed his company. We wish them the best!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I became friendly with a ship's doctor on one of our cruises. It was included on the tour he gave me

One of our many great cruises on rccl we had a large table of 11, ships doctor was one , extremely nice guy , he bought wine for the table every night he was with us (last night we made sure we all bought the wine) this was on the great Sovereign a little over 30 years ago.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if I lived in Florida I would probably only use the heat sometimes, too. But up here the heat gets a workout.😊

I use our heated seats in FL every time we do take out. I heat up the passenger seat to keep dinner warm on the drive home.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Well, surgery postponed till tomorrow!

I was given a choice, stay at the hospital since I was already prepped, or go back tomorrow morning. I opted to come home, so I could be comfortable. 
Liquid diet today, and start over tomorrow. 
The reason? This makes me look dumb, but no one mentioned bowel cleansing, and I never thought of it. 
It was the failure of my surgeon’s office staff. Big apologies and he’s going to operate on his normal office day. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

Well, surgery postponed till tomorrow!

I was given a choice, stay at the hospital since I was already prepped, or go back tomorrow morning. I opted to come home, so I could be comfortable. 
Liquid diet today, and start over tomorrow. 
The reason? This makes me look dumb, but no one mentioned bowel cleansing, and I never thought of it. 
It was the failure of my surgeon’s office staff. Big apologies and he’s going to operate on his normal office day. 

Wishing you all the best Mimi.

I feel annoyed that they made you go through all the prep and "forgot" to tell you the most important step. No it doesn't make you look dumb at all......they are dumb ones to have forgotten!

You know you are going to beat this! I look forward to hearing form you as soon as you can post.

• Like 8