Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes but unless you were watching with subtitles and they did not spell it out you would miss it as the audio was low and the word edited out. I can appreciate Heather's attention to detail but i agree she is snotty. And why on earth would a woman with her mouth sired shut even go on a charter and subject her friends to all her whining about about being hungry and straining the food. She was selfish and made her own party suffer besides Rachel. I felt bad for her.

That is really a shame. I hate to see incredible local restaurants have to close. Maybe he will reopen at later date or is he getting out of business all together. The last two and half years has been horrible for restaurants.

My friends restaurant has been packed last few months since many people learned he was closing , he will do something with cooking after taking a couple of months off . He like many others had a very hard time getting waiters etc , he had to offer a bonus to those willing to continue to work until today. He is putting in a 100k pool so he is definitely comfortable financially.

• Like 2

The start of another perfect day.  It started with a beautiful sunrise. 

36225251-16CD-4A0E-BE34-242086CCD452.thumb.jpeg.d8790ae80cb2ffae2efaa179ac12bc87.jpeg

Three of my favorite ladies joined me on the beach (wife, daughter, and granddaughter). Daughter-in-law is usually sleeping till noon on vacation 😂😂

05F5FE53-6FD5-48C8-AAC4-892A8990376E.thumb.jpeg.1f733b3ce0ad200b3229201213326822.jpeg

It was 82° early, and going higher today.  Pool temperature is reading 95°, so it is almost like a hot tub.  

20CFA44C-DA6C-4153-B08F-596C0C47FB31.thumb.jpeg.2d3f891d6df76bc1cbb26a540c1d6bf6.jpeg

The second part of the great day involved opening these. 

1872E66E-AABE-4FCB-A421-84386E86A5FF.thumb.jpeg.6cb33e2cd3c03ed42901de8f38e2c95c.jpeg

And both of us getting that Negative test result.  

76C43279-0E84-4C65-A8B2-ED422EC65F0C.thumb.jpeg.57321c8d29eaaadf7f74cb3c407ee9bf.jpeg

Now we are ready to board Oasis on Sunday.  

This is the last day that all our family will be together here.  Son, daughter-in-law and grandson fly back to San Francisco tomorrow morning, so I will miss the sunrise.  Daughter and her family fly back Sunday morning, while we drive to Miami.   

It is always so nice when we can get everyone together, and the weather really was great this year for our time together. We have already walked by the rental we have for next year, and the grandkids are excited for that.  

Hope everyone has a great New Year’s Eve, and that 2022 will see the end of this pandemic.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

So true. Almost all our favorite restaurants closed due to Covid.

How r u feeling today, Mimi?

Whenever the question comes up (and it does) asking what food would one pick if stranded for six months, mine would always be pizza. It’s the perfect food!

Mine would be shawarma... pizza would come a very close second 😎

I don’t recall ever having shawarma will need to try that in next few weeks.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

And why on earth would a woman with her mouth sired shut even go on a charter and subject her friends to all her whining about about being hungry and straining the food. She was selfish and made her own party suffer

Agreed.  During a pandemic none the less. If my jaw was wired shut at any time, the last thing I’d want to do is go on holidays. Lisa might appreciate it though. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Whenever the question comes up (and it does) asking what food would one pick if stranded for six months, mine would always be pizza. It’s the perfect food!

I feel fine…as long as I don’t move!

Fortunately, we stopped partying on New Year’s Eve a long time ago. 
And I just realized something!

The last time we stayed up to see the new year in was 2000. Good grief! 
That was 21 years ago. 
We’re definitely on the downhill side!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Mine too,Mimi.Do you remember when and where you had your first pizza ?My first pizza was in Jamaica,Queens.The father of one of my friends took his sons and me to a shoe shore and afterward for lunch for something called pizza .

I was around 19 or 20. Staying at my grandparents’ in Cambria Heights for my two week vacation from work. 
A Saturday night date included a movie (a western, and I didn’t pick it), and dinner at a restaurant on Dutch Broadway. I think the restaurant was called Cosmopolitan. 
I did not like the pizza; the flavor combination was strange. It had, I believe, Romano cheese. My uneducated palate didn’t appreciate it. 
By just a few months later, I was eating pizza as often as possible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

OOOO I love shawarma but only if it's lamb.

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Horrible news!     Betty White passed away today.    Such an amazing woman - RIP!

Just shy of her 100th birthday too!

Aww what a treasure she was and so active up until the end.  She truly lived a life well lived.  I loved her as the hot to trot SueAnn Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Horrible news!     Betty White passed away today.    Such an amazing woman - RIP!

Just shy of her 100th birthday too!

It really is horrible news!

Betty White was a national treasure. You couldn’t help feel better just from watching and listening to her. 
The first time I heard her name, I had a 5 month old baby, and my get off my feet time every afternoon was during “Password”. I was addicted to that show. 
One day the host Allen Ludden announced he was getting married to a wonderful woman, Betty White. 
I had no idea who she was, but I sure found out. 
I am so sorry she didn’t get to her birthday! I am going to miss knowing she was still sharing the planet with me. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@jagsfan   if you see this let us know

Happy-New-Year-Memes-1.jpg.54641151c5155b03a3a8202e6b53a5f6.jpg

This actually happened to us. Stanley was a kitten with incredible jumping capacity. He got up to an unfinished basement ceiling, and slipped behind an i-beam, and couldn’t get out. I attracted him to the finished area of the basement, Chris got a drywall saw out, we cut a hole, and voila- the cat’s head appeared!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was around 19 or 20. Staying at my grandparents’ in Cambria Heights for my two week vacation from work. 
A Saturday night date included a movie (a western, and I didn’t pick it), and dinner at a restaurant on Dutch Broadway. I think the restaurant was called Cosmopolitan. 
I did not like the pizza; the flavor combination was strange. It had, I believe, Romano cheese. My uneducated palate didn’t appreciate it. 
By just a few months later, I was eating pizza as often as possible. 

You didn't have pizza until you were twenty? I'm pretty sure I was gumming it until I had cut enough teeth to be able to chew it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5