Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Cozumel has 6 ships in port today.  Odyssey is parked next to us, and there are a couple Carnival ships at the adjacent docks.  Celebrity Apex and Disney Wonder are at the pier in town. 

We had a couple of brief showers on our 3 mile walk to town, then a long, heavy downpour.  It forced us to take refuge at Sr. Frogs for a while. 

267EFF13-8AAD-45A4-B16D-DA5FEC21DC1B.thumb.jpeg.4489e68eaac2a835d3840807e2a6fce9.jpeg

2064F37D-BFA1-47E8-85C4-61FCB36B48D7.thumb.jpeg.6bda9f81e4d040a866cbfc430224ff92.jpeg

We did our best to distance ourselves from others by sitting outside.  Some people could not resist all the shots they were offering, so they had to be wrapped in caution tape. 

EA9B787C-76F1-44FA-A4CA-4C0158C1A771.thumb.jpeg.dabe92097ee97d13a1c6f3573b299b19.jpeg

I don’t know if anyone here is involved with construction, or with shoring design, but I know this would not be acceptable in the US. 

04C66B4E-AD5F-403A-8983-AC1FE4DCDC9C.thumb.jpeg.8c8cefe348070ecfe35b9d754e4b9e40.jpeg

At least the workers had safely lines. 

DC2F6FBE-82A7-4211-834F-D7DB5D7A591C.thumb.jpeg.4e3cc35faaf0de8315a0049b744bfa4b.jpeg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you to all for your condolences.  We are all still in disbelief 😢

It’s truly a blow to the mind and heart to lose a beloved pastor. 
I was a teenager when our Monsignor Lyons collapsed and died during a sermon. 
The congregation didn’t realize he had died, but everyone went right onto  their knees in tears. 
Your church has its own angel now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

There are seats at all the bars.  Martini Bar may have more competition for seats…but Pool Bar etc all have seats available.

As of last night on Anthem not allowed to sit on any chair at any bar, indoor or outdoor.  Which makes no sense as now everyone just stands there.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As of last night on Anthem not allowed to sit on any chair at any bar, indoor or outdoor.  Which makes no sense as now everyone just stands there.

Don’t understand some of the current rccl rules, will not cruise them until this mess is over . 

• Like 1

Thank you to all who are cruising now and sharing their experiences with us.  Sounds like you're all having a good time, in spite of the occasional downpour.  Have any of you had the opportunity to meet up if you'll be in the same port?

I'll attempt to name names of our current cruisers:  Debbie, Mark, Helen, John - 2 of them, one "The Kid" and one with LaLa, Pat, Ellen.  I hope I didn't forget anyone!!!  I'm not sure of all the spouses names.  My brain is overloaded as is.

Carry on.  Continued smooth sails and fun times.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, George C said:

Don’t understand some of the current rccl rules, will not cruise them until this mess is over . 

I have the Symphony coming up in April.  I sure how things have calmed down by then. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I must of been hungry.   I ate it all before a pic.  So instead here is a pic from CK Sharon took.

And here is from last night. 

20220111_191622.thumb.jpg.fd4ae786e33952ab593199f382430ee7.jpg

I had that chocolate dessert in the WJ. Best chocolate dessert I ever had except for 'The World.'

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog So try to guess who I thought of when we debarked. ( Do sea dogs de bark? ). Lol😉

20220112_101821.thumb.jpg.644db78cbe616962a93063937295067f.jpg

And then thought of after I got back.  This one's for you. 

20220112_115315.thumb.jpg.9ed24adc0e38efcbb265e8e081010c90.jpg

John you  just made my day . Two of my favorite things Christmas and a Kraken Lava Flow. I just got through my second day of taking down outside Christmas decorations. Christmas 2021 is finally a wrap.

2106676176_XmasPackedAway.thumb.jpeg.6c1d466bdefaedc43789ba3612b8fcbd.jpeg

Cheers to you and have one more for me!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have any of you had the opportunity to meet up if you'll be in the same port?

Our cruise is western.  The closest we came was when Harmony took our parking spot at CocoCay for a while.  

I am surprised at how many of our “regulars” are sailing this week 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What do they want you to do?  Get a drink and leave the bar?  Not being sarcastic…just wanted to know.  We’re on Celebrity Edge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I sure hope we see that sunny blue sky for several days.  Mostly cloudy so far today.  We will be in St Maarten till 10 pm tomorrow.  

Have a wonderful time in St. Maarten!  I love it there.

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We had another Alpha, Alpha, Alpha call at 6 am this morning. Someone was having an unexpected end to their trip this morning. Susan thinks it was one older couple in our dining area.  

F5AABCDD-E555-4E3B-A2C6-188EE0C777CD.thumb.jpeg.26d69c6e8544af3287037fcdc7cf0ea5.jpeg

So sad.

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

May lay out at the beach.  No real plan except to enjoy. 

Best plan ever!

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

As to covid cases, there have been absolutely none announced.

Great news!!  May your entire cruise remain that way!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, cans only.  1st day or so we had cans with flip top like a soda can. Now they have tall cans with screw top but it's hard to put screw top back on and I dont drink all at once.

So I have been getting glasses of water at different venues and just using the cans in cabin during the night.  Yuck!

I had the same experience on Navigator.  Hard to get the top back on correctly, but I do like the tall cans better that the flip top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same thing on the Navigator.  I'm sure it is done as protection for the crew.

Edited by taznremmy

1 hour ago, George C said:

I have a celebrity music charter next month hoping celebrity will be better, problem is the cruise Is fully booked . 

If cruises are not yet sailing at 100%, what happens to a cruise when, like yours, it's been already fully booked?

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

If cruises are not yet sailing at 100%, what happens to a cruise when, like yours, it's been already fully booked?

Not sure yet , it’s been sold out for two years, sails in less than 40 days . Lots of big name entertainment Air Supply, Foreigner, Mellisa Manchester etc, if they kick off some , I think we will be safe since we have a royal suite. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George C said:

I have a celebrity music charter next month hoping celebrity will be better, problem is the cruise Is fully booked . 

How do you know it's fully booked and not just available cabins that the cruise line allows at this time are booked.

During these times no one knows just how many cabins the cruise lines is allowing to be booked. Just becaue the booking sites say no cabins available means nothing. So different then 3 years ago when the cruise lines wanted to book every single cabin.

Edited by Jimbo

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How do you know it's fully booked and not just available cabins that the cruise line allows at this time are booked.

During these times no one knows just how many cabins the cruise lines is allowing to be booked. Just becaue the booking sites say no cabins available means nothing. So different then 3 years ago when the cruise lines wanted to book every single cabin.

They always sell out , I book while on the previous cruise and all fares are non refundable, this isn’t booked directly with celebrity it’s booked thru charter company. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheal said:

I think Celebrity went to canned water a couple of years ago as an environmentally friendly approach.  At the time I think some questioned if it was a way to "support" a particular company rather than the environment.🤨  Recycle plastic or metal?  Not sure what is involved and is more environmentally friendly.

Celebrity has both bottled ....(glass bottles of Evian or Aqua Panna, covered in Premium NA and Alcohol Package) and canned (aluminium bottles). No plastic bottles.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

John you  just made my day . Two of my favorite things Christmas and a Kraken Lava Flow. I just got through my second day of taking down outside Christmas decorations. Christmas 2021 is finally a wrap.

I tried the Lava Flow last night.  This is Miami Vice 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, George C said:

They always sell out , I book while on the previous cruise and all fares are non refundable, this isn’t booked directly with celebrity it’s booked thru charter company. 

How soon is this cruise? do you think maybe the charter company was told by the cruise line to limit the amount of cabins they can use right now because of covid? like all other cruise lines with reduced passengers counts.

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How soon is this cruise? do you think maybe the charter company was told by the cruise line to limit the amount of cabins they can use right now because of covid? like all other cruise lines with reduced passengers counts.

We are scheduled to leave February 19 from Miami on Celebrity summit, so far they say there sold out and sailing, everyone will be vaccinated, adults only. Some may refuse vaccinated and some may fail the mandatory Covid test two days before sailing. I know some cruises were close to full around Christmas, we are booked but have insurance on our flights, this cruise was canceled last year .not sure if there currently is a passenger limit by celebrity on cdc.

https://rockandromancecruise.com

Edited by George C
  • Like 1