Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, George C said:

My favorite is Hennessy but last couple of stores I went to were out , so I bought two large bottles of Martell VS , I actually prefer VS over VSOP. I have a couple 

large cabinets filled with various liquors  and about a hundred bottles of various wines , some of my friends keep several hundreds bottles of stuff way beyond my price point . 

You have good taste. The fact that you like VS over VSOP is good as it save you lots of money. Unfortunately I love XO's and makes my bottle buying less than if I was buying younger aged cognac. I love Remy Martin 1738 Royal Accord. Good tasting and a nice price point. I don't know if you have tried it but I was really impressed with the Kelt VSOP Tour Du Monde. The barrels are taken on 3 month sea voyage around the world. The sea movement, temperature and air pressure help mature the cognac. Very good.

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Wish me luck today. DH and I are taking our nine month grandson to a soft play place today for the first time.  He's become very bonded to his mum so hoping that he'll be happy with just Grandma and Grandad today. 

I'm am sure after a couple minutes he will be fine and will be grateful you spent time with him. Have a blast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thanks Lenny, we shall see about future cruises.  Charlie has been having some stomach issues and now has a foot problem🥴

Oh no, hope he feels better this morning.    Maybe something he ate or drank didnt agree with him?

By the end of our cruise my feet were hurting from all the walking.  I was ready for a foot massage had we stayed onboard.  

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Look me up on Facebook and message me with your address. I will buy you bottle and mail it to you. Free,  it’s the least thing I can do to make up for last weekend.

That's a generous offer but not necessary.  Put that money instead toward your next cruise.  I hope that we can enjoy a drink together on a cruise ship at some point.

17 hours ago, Sheal said:

LOL.  I thought the page looked familiar and then when I saw Aquidneck and Jamestown I realized it was written by someone in RI. 

I saw Aquidneck and though it might be RI because it reminded me of Quahog. 😁

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I was going to talk about Amazing Race and how some of these men really need to think about what they say to their wives before they do a scary roadblock.  I know I would dope slap my husband if he ever said that they wouldn't have you do a roadblock that would kill you as reassuring words prior to me doing something that had me super nervous!

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is literally what my wife and I say each time these scenes happen.  She may say it or I might say it.  If you have watched the show for the last bazillion seasons, you know that this is the case.  I am guessing they watch it just like we do, so… I would think, thank you for the reminder honey.  I was all caught up in the moment in panic.  

I do agree when the husband said OMG… for the second time after she said it about 5 times, that was not helpful. 

I do wonder why some of these teams sign up….  They must know they won’t be able to do half of the stuff, so what is the point?

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, one was awful as usual but the other is the one that was trying to "reassure" his wife prior to her turn at the roadblock.  They aren't going to let you do something that will kill you is not reassuring.  

The one husband keeps talking about how they used to be athletes, like that somehow justifies yelling at her like some college basketball coach.  Micheline would also be reassured by hearing that they wouldn't do something that could kill you.  Her imagination of what can go wrong sometimes gets the better of her and she knows it.  A reminder often helps.

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder how the people on the show are chosen .

All of these reality shows seem to have a "formula" to give a mix of contestants.  I'm sure they've optimized that formula for the most drama/excitement/viewership.  For the Amazing Race, they always seem to have a parent/child team, a best buddies guy team, an older married couple, a young dating couple, a gay couple, two attractive young women, etc. 

13 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Today was the final port for this cruise. Cozumel. Woke up yo warm and humid temperatures. We were docked very early and Captain Per announced the all clear to go off the ship. 

We were toying with going to Iberostar or the Del Mar Latina or Chankanab or hang around San Miguel. We have been to all these places before, so we took a taxi and told the guy to choose for us. He took us to Paradise Beach which we have also been to three times before and enjoyed it a lot.

We almost always just end up going to Nachi Cocom and sitting further down the beach toward Mr. Sancho's.  Fewer crowds (although it's never crowded to begin with) and close to the satellite bar.

10 hours ago, singinalot said:

A friend of mine posted video from the highway today and it actually was surprisingly, all moving traffic

It is, after all, a Canadian protest.  The truck drivers wouldn't want to inconvenience the other drivers too much.  They could be apologizing out of the window to other drivers as they pass. 😉   I'm joking of course but I wish we had more of that type of thinking in the US.  

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, hope he feels better this morning.    Maybe something he ate or drank didnt agree with him?

By the end of our cruise my feet were hurting from all the walking.  I was ready for a foot massage had we stayed onboard.  

I think all the walking has been too much for him.  Does Eric have any problems with his stomach from all the meds?  I told him he needs a stiff drink but his doctors told him no alcohol😢I have to drink for him 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You have good taste. The fact that you like VS over VSOP is good as it save you lots of money. Unfortunately I love XO's and makes my bottle buying less than if I was buying younger aged cognac. I love Remy Martin 1738 Royal Accord. Good tasting and a nice price point. I don't know if you have tried it but I was really impressed with the Kelt VSOP Tour Du Monde. The barrels are taken on 3 month sea voyage around the world. The sea movement, temperature and air pressure help mature the cognac. Very good.

I'm am sure after a couple minutes he will be fine and will be grateful you spent time with him. Have a blast.

We cruised MSc yacht club two years ago and they give you the normal premium drink package, but for 18 dollars a day extra you get a package than includes everything they sell my the glass including all there XO cognacs , really good champagne, Johnny Walker Blue and other high end scotch etc etc , we killed several bottles of Blue that cruise, also some interesting Japanese scotch .the bartender by there champagne bar new us by sight and would pour the glasses before we could order them, he used to work for rccl.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's a generous offer but not necessary.  Put that money instead toward your next cruise.  I hope that we can enjoy a drink together on a cruise ship at some point.

Not that expensive. I would be happy to do this for you. Send me your address to gpsteele7@gmail.com.  We will enjoy a drink together as well.

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think all the walking has been too much for him.  Does Eric have any problems with his stomach from all the meds?  I told him he needs a stiff drink but his doctors told him no alcohol😢I have to drink for him 🤪

YES, all the meds definitely tear him up.   He gets an upset stomach on a regular basis.  He takes the omeprazole (prilosec) everyday and that seems to help.   His doc says he is allowed alcohol but in moderation.  Of course a cruise doesnt count for anything in moderation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

For stomach problems my first go to is ginger.  I have tins of ginger altoids that I use.  Of course check with your Dr. for any medication interactions.

That sound good, we will check.  We have been bringing ginger ale to the room also.

thanks

• Like 3

Good morning.

So much goings on on these last few pages.

From sickness to the storm. Prayers for all.

To stocking shelves and getting home safely.

@Ocean Boy My thoughts and wishes for a safe journey home as you travel back home.

Now mind you we currently have about 26 inches of snow on the ground.

But for us it accumulated over the last 11 days.

So we had time to plow and prepare.

It is snowing right now.

The squirrels are in the backyard bird feeders and the birds are staying near the front yard feeders.

Have not seen our neighborhood deer in over 2 weeks.

Today I am venturing out to Sams club, to do a small run.

Then to WalMart tomorrow with the spouse for heavier items.

I did watch the weather channel and I wish for safety for all.

Take care.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

For stomach problems my first go to is ginger.  I have tins of ginger altoids that I use.  Of course check with your Dr. for any medication interactions.

I can't find the ginger altoids anymore but I can get Gin Gin candies that have real ginger in them that help a lot.  Lorna Doone cookies also help too.  Just a plain shortbread that sweetens my stomach.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

My youngesr son was a trained lifeguard through his senior school and university years. Saved a few young children in the water park near us.  A few years ago he was in Kenya at a beach club and just walking past the pool he saw a young girl in the bottom of the pool, dived in and brought her up. She was taken to hospital and survived. Sometimes in bright sunshine its difficult to spot people in trouble 

So I have a couple of stories along this line.  

First story - we were in the ship’s pool, and they were early in the process of using life guards at the pools.  I have bee wracking my brain trying to remember which ship this was, but it had a walkway over the pool, and beneath the walkway, there were stools in the water where you could enjoy a drink. As part of the training, they had placed a dummy at the bottom of the pool at the end near where the stools were.  It was amazing how many people got into the pool without noticing this “body” at the bottom.  It even took a while after the lifeguard ***** change for the new lifeguard to notice and jump in to retrieve the “body”.  I guess sometimes people don’t know what is going on around them. 

Second story - we were sailing on Coral Princess several years ago, and their Lotus pool is 6’-7” deep, so over everyone’s head.  This was before the days of lifeguards on ships. My wife was in the pool, hanging on to the side rail, when a gentleman who could not swim went in the pool, not realizing how deep it was. 

He kept bouncing off the bottom, flailing his arms trying to get to the edge.  It probably didn’t help that my wife thought he was trying to grope her, and she kept pushing him back to the center of the pool.  

She pulled herself out of the pool and said “that guy kept touching me”.  Meanwhile, this guy is still gasping for air and trying to make it to the edge of the pool.  Long story short, after realizing this guy was in trouble, I went in and was able to get him safely out of the pool.  Once again, most people didn’t notice what was happening, until I pulled him from the pool. 

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So I have a couple of stories along this line.  

I guess sometimes people don’t know what is going on around them. 

Second story -   Long story short, after realizing this guy was in trouble, I went in and was able to get him safely out of the pool.  Once again, most people didn’t notice what was happening, until I pulled him from the pool. 

Great stories. So true most people of oblivious to what's going on around them which can be very dangerous.

Second story. Thank you for being astute and saving the man's life.

Moral: Being sensitive is not a weakness, it's the ultimate strength.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

That is literally what my wife and I say each time these scenes happen.  She may say it or I might say it.  If you have watched the show for the last bazillion seasons, you know that this is the case.  I am guessing they watch it just like we do, so… I would think, thank you for the reminder honey.  I was all caught up in the moment in panic.  

I do agree when the husband said OMG… for the second time after she said it about 5 times, that was not helpful. 

I do wonder why some of these teams sign up….  They must know they won’t be able to do half of the stuff, so what is the point?

37 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The one husband keeps talking about how they used to be athletes, like that somehow justifies yelling at her like some college basketball coach.  Micheline would also be reassured by hearing that they wouldn't do something that could kill you.  Her imagination of what can go wrong sometimes gets the better of her and she knows it.  A reminder often helps.

All of these reality shows seem to have a "formula" to give a mix of contestants.  I'm sure they've optimized that formula for the most drama/excitement/viewership.  For the Amazing Race, they always seem to have a parent/child team, a best buddies guy team, an older married couple, a young dating couple, a gay couple, two attractive young women, etc. 

Telling me that it is safe would work better than using the word kill.  That would just get me even more anxious with the whole situation.  Both woman were amazing and just did what they had to do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That sound good, we will check.  We have been bringing ginger ale to the room also.

thanks

Sounds like a nice relaxing sea day hanging out on your balcony in warm sun with occasional nap is exactly what he needs.  At least Anthem has the nice chairs on their balcony.  Sorry OB I couldnt resist.🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

First story - we were in the ship’s pool, and they were early in the process of using life guards at the pools.  I have bee wracking my brain trying to remember which ship this was, but it had a walkway over the pool, and beneath the walkway, there were stools in the water where you could enjoy a drink. As part of the training, they had placed a dummy at the bottom of the pool at the end near where the stools were.  It was amazing how many people got into the pool without noticing this “body” at the bottom.  It even took a while after the lifeguard ***** change for the new lifeguard to notice and jump in to retrieve the “body”.  I guess sometimes people don’t know what is going on around them.

We have also seen them put a dummy into the pool.  It was on a Radiance class ship in the Solarium and there was a training going on off to the side but there was a lifeguard monitoring the pool.  Someone from the training casually walked by and slid the dummy in the pool when the lifeguard was looking the other way.  When the lifeguard scanned back to the area, he didn't see it at first but saw it on his second scan back, less than a minute but still not right away.  He blew his whistle and jumped in.  He got the dummy to the surface and other lifeguards came running.  Another got in, then a backboard and they got the dummy out and started CPR.  The whole time this was being filmed from a distance.  It went on for a bit and then they were allowed to stop,  They then had a discussion about what went right and what went wrong.  At this point, though early in the morning, a crowd was gathering so they broke it up but it was great to see how quick and organized the response was.

• Like 5