Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

No Plan B, and, really, Debbie, I feel like crying...

* We didn't leave the house since Wednesday in preparation for tomorrow's afternoon PCR test.

* We told the kids "do not come for the week-end, we're under 'PCR curfew'."

* Just yesterday, after trying for the whole week to reach El Al (I complained, along with others, on the book of faces) and fix our seats (which were separate after all the changes and reshuffles), I was relieved to finally resolve the issue.

* Only to find out that no confirmation of the new seating arrived in mail.

So many hours down the drain.

My heart goes out to you Dani, what a mess.  Does Etihad  fly to TLV ? 

Keeping everything crossed that it gets resolved quickly and you can still travel.  

I know its further but is there anywhere else you can go, Europe maybe. It may be warm in the south of France.  A few days in Paris and then take the train to Nice maybe

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It stopped working and all of a sudden the curser I'm assuming on the touchpad went amok quickly clicking things every second, no rhyme or reason.  I couldn't click control panel since the cursor kept shutting it off.

Bonnie - I don't know if this applies to you, but I need to make an adjustment to the touchpad for just about any laptop that I use.  By default, you can perform a mouse click by tapping the touchpad.  If I raise my finger and then put it back down on the touchpad again when moving the cursor across the screen, the computer often thinks that I'm tapping when I put my finger back on the touchpad.  It can cause strange things to happen on the screen.  I always go into the Control Panel and find the hardware settings.  Within the Hardware area, you should see setting for the touchpad, where you can disable this functionality.  I'm not using a laptop now so I don't know exactly what the setting is called, but it may be something like tap to click.  This assumes that you have another physical button someplace that you can press for a mouse click to happen.

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

The minute the door opened and our daughter rushed in, the first thing she saw was a man on top of a woman,  in action, luckily under the sheet.  We all froze but none more than the couple in that bed.

I had a somewhat similar experience, although not as bad and not with a 6 year old kid.  I was on a business trip, checked in, and entered my room.  There was a guy on the bed in his underwear watching TV.  I don't know who was more surprised.  The hotel upgraded me when I went back to the front desk.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

No Charlie isn’t dead he just likes to sleep that way. What a goofball he is.

9652BE61-41BB-4D14-AF4B-6DDFBE298437.thumb.jpeg.708b60aa3d0d7a4be7cd5d36ee930a5a.jpeg

I've heard that it's a good sign when dogs (and cats) sleep with their belly exposed.  It means that they trust you.  Something about natural instincts wanting to protect the belly area (organs).

• Like 8

14 hours ago, sgmn said:

I think they stopped the last series half way because of covid . Apparently the second half was shown last September but we missed it. So we were very confused when the new series started a couple of weeks ago.

Where did Bobby go ??!!!

Thanks.  That would explain a lot.  Maybe I'm not losing my mind. 😄 I did learn that Damian Lewis, who played Bobby, lost his wife recently.  His contract with the show was up after season 5 and rather than renew, he worked with the show to be written out of the story and spend more time with his family.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched seasons one and two of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.I started yesterday,finished today and will start Reacher tomorrow.

I enjoyed watching this show and will definitely watch the new seasons when they come out.  But John Krasinski never quite felt right to play the Ryan part.  Maybe I watched too much of The Office.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Is anyone else doing the daily wordle game online ? Today I got it in 4 !

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

I've seen Wordle pop up on Twitter and Instagram a lot recently.  People are posting things inside color coded blocks in a square pattern.  I haven't tried Wordle yet but was guessing that they were using the same color pattern as an answer and then adding their own letters.  It's one of those low on my list things that has appeared in pop culture that I want to better understand.  

I also read that Wordle enthusiasts (at least in the US) are worried because the game's creator sold the game to the NY Times.  The Times is saying that it will continue to be free, but many are worried that they will start charging people to play at some point.

• Like 3

I saw this article this morning addressing the current interruption of flights between TVL and DBX that @dani negreanu talked about yesterday.  It’s seems to address the security concerns.  It seems to be a neutral article, but I’m not the best authority on that.

https://simpleflying.com/israel-dubai-security-concerns/

I hope the link works since it’s not a newspaper or political organization.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoyed watching this show and will definitely watch the new seasons when they come out.  But John Krasinski never quite felt right to play the Ryan part.  Maybe I watched too much of The Office.

I liked the first season of Jack Ryan on Amazon, but for some reason I just couldn’t get into the second season.  Perhaps I’ll give it another try when I run out of all. The other shows on my binge list.  😁

46 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I liked the first season of Jack Ryan on Amazon, but for some reason I just couldn’t get into the second season.  Perhaps I’ll give it another try when I run out of all. The other shows on my binge list.  😁

I really liked Jack Ryan , I am hoping for another season. I never saw the office.

We saw “being the Ricardo’s “ on Netflix last night , really liked that I thought Nicole Kidman was amazing as Lucy , whole cast was great. Will watch “Tic Tic…Boom” today , we saw power of the dog last weekend. 70” tv helps watching the movies at home, but we still like seeing them at the movies. Big advantage to seeing them at home is the close caption since my hearing isn’t the best.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, John.

Did I screw up the type of test we need to take 2 days before the cruise?  So, it's not the PCR test we have to take, but the rapid antigen test?  What a dummy I am.

We have to take the test in 18 days.  We cruise the Silhouette on the 15th🤞🙏

I believe PCR is required by airlines before flying internationally, so for cruises in Europe, etc, PCR is required. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Echo your congratulations to Her Majesty don’t think we’ll ever see her like again.

I wish that some of her family took their position in the family as seriously as she does. It is fortunate that Charles and William will follow her. I think they will both, especially William, be very good successors and do well for England.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Welcome to my world.  Unless you are fully committed or live in Florida, pretty hard to get there.

I guess the points will at least get me closer to another crystal block though I know they tend to mean more to me than they do to you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wish that some of her family took their position in the family as seriously as she does. It is fortunate that Charles and William will follow her. I think they will both, especially William, be very good successors and do well for England.

And I think Kate is one of the best things that has happened.  She is lovely and seems so warm and caring.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 39°F and raining.

Congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen on her (70th) Platinum Jubilee.

Wishing everyone a nice day.

Graham.

70 years is amazing.  Nowadays people might last 7 years at a job, if not 7 days. 

Hopefully some of your food photos will come later today. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, George C said:

I really liked Jack Ryan , I am hoping for another season. I never saw the office.

We saw “being the Ricardo’s “ on Netflix last night , really liked that I thought Nicole Kidman was amazing as Lucy , whole cast was great. Will watch “Tic Tic…Boom” today , we saw power of the dog last weekend. 70” tv helps watching the movies at home, but we still like seeing them at the movies. Big advantage to seeing them at home is the close caption since my hearing isn’t the best.

Being the Ricardo’s was a good movie.  I knew some of the background info about some of the ground breaking aspects of I love Lucy, it was nice to learn the rest.  Nicole did a great job portraying Lucy.  
“In from the cold” was a great series on Netflix.   
It’s been about 10 years since I’ve been to a movie theater. It’s just more comfortable for me a home especially these days with the technology of larger screens, sound systems and streaming.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I believe PCR is required by airlines before flying internationally, so for cruises in Europe, etc, PCR is required. 

Proof of at least 2 vaccines and ideally the booster too is required to avoid PCR in most of Europe.

If you don't have 2 vaccines it is complicated.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

One time Jack, myself and our daughter, approx. 6 at the time were in Vegas.  Business for Jack, fun for me and our daughter.  We checked into our hotel and gave our daughter the hotel key card.  She always loved opening the door BUT nobody expected to see what was going on in that bedroom.  I'll try and put this as delicately as possible.  The minute the door opened and our daughter rushed in, the first thing she saw was a man on top of a woman,  in action, luckily under the sheet.  We all froze but none more than the couple in that bed.

Oh my,   I imagine your Daughter had lots of questions after seeing that.     Does she still remember it to this day?    

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shelby just pasted her kidney stone that has been giving her pain off and on the last few weeks!  So thankful.  That is the second in 2 months.  Praying she can avoid another 

I have heard they are Very painful.    I googled some info on Kidney stones as you and your Daughter have probably done the same if prone to getting to them.   Here is what I found

image.png.dcae5ee48a5a7a494786b3f29841ef63.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, George C said:

attention the cats are exhausted 

image.jpeg.2b003a215cd25bd071d9b44d27a41438.jpeg

A beautiful fur baby and that face priceless.

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I watched seasons one and two of Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan.I started yesterday,finished today and will start Reacher tomorrow.

I really enjoyed Jack Ryan. Looking forward to watching Reacher.

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shelby just pasted her kidney stone that has been giving her pain off and on the last few weeks!  So thankful.  That is the second in 2 months.  Praying she can avoid another 

Oh I feel bad for her. I had one and it was the worst pain I have ever had. She will be in my thoughts. Hang in there.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've heard that it's a good sign when dogs (and cats) sleep with their belly exposed.  It means that they trust you.  Something about natural instincts wanting to protect the belly area (organs).

I did not know that. Very interesting thank you.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Tic Tic Boom is great. I agree  Nicole Kidman's portrayal of Lucy was excellent. I really like Power of the Dog. Never saw that ending coming. WOW!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had a somewhat similar experience, although not as bad and not with a 6 year old kid.  I was on a business trip, checked in, and entered my room.  There was a guy on the bed in his underwear watching TV.  I don't know who was more surprised.  The hotel upgraded me when I went back to the front desk.

When we went to London in 2018 our flight arrived early morning as most international flights do.  We had reservations at the Rubens at Buckingham Palace for the week and figured we would simply drop off our luggage at the hotel and go get some breakfast and wander around the area while waiting for check in.     To our surprise at 8:30/9 am they said our room was ready and they would have someone bring up our luggage.      We went to the room and walked in with bathroom immediately on the left side and saw someone in the shower with the bathroom door open.   Trust me it was not someone you wanted to see naked in a shower...Ha!

We don't think that guy even knew we were there with what he was doing in the shower.   

We went back down to the lobby and advised so they profusely apologized for the confusion.    they said they would another room ready for us in an hour or so.     Which was fine since we werent' expecting to be able to check in that early.    We left our luggage with them and went and hade breakfast as a really nice place and hung out there for a bit as it was pouring rain and of course our rain coats and umbrellas were packed in our luggage.    Upon our return to the hotel they were still apologizing and said we had a nice surprise when we got to our room.    

We had booked a standard KS room with view of Buckingham Palace.       We went up to our new room and they upgraded us an oversized / deluxe room - which was beautiful and they gave us meal tickets for free breakfast every morning along with some vouchers for free afternoon tea and cocktails at the hotel bar.     They went above and beyond for sure.    

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 11