Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was 67° yesterday, It was too warm in the house at midnight so I turned the AC on.  Woke up at 8am to 32° outside, 38° right now and forecast to be 70° Wednesday.  The temperature has been all over the place.

It will be freezing cold here the next three days followed by near 60 degree weather for a few days.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

And my granddaughter Hannah, on the world’s highest swing…at least then!

It’s in New Zealand. 
The wonderful adventures are wasted on me…though I did a hot air balloon in Kenya. 

22E18911-6A61-460E-8B0A-1A381091E4DC.jpeg

5547BE0E-88A2-46BC-9ACA-A8C2AFE04878.jpeg

My stomach flipped when I saw that pic of your GD. She is very brave, no way could I do that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to Lisa for tomorrow and also Sue @sgmn.  Hope both lovely ladies enjoy their day 🎂🎉

Thanks so much aussielozzie, I forgot for a moment that you are so far ahead and that tomorrow for you is Monday 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

I’ve been reading along without contributing, so best wishes to Greg for his recovery, Graham is on holiday again (and Pauline is lovely, as always), Dani is on vacation, thankfully,  and Andrew is at home, like all good Canadians 😁. The pictures of Australia are very tempting- I might be able to overcome my aversion to things that want to kill you to make the trip!

Anyhow, I am now addicted to Wordle. Thanks, Lenny! 

I got Wordle in 3 today.

• Like 5

@dani negreanu Dani - If you are still looking for a dinner location and are OK with Lebanese food, we enjoyed Abd El Wahab in the Souk Al Bahar.  The food was good, but the views are even better.  It has a balcony right on the lake that has the Dubai Fountain.  You can watch the fountain shows while eating dinner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My stomach flipped when I saw that pic of your GD. She is very brave, no way could I do that 

Hannah did a canyon jump in the Alps when she was 18. Took a flying leap and went straight down. Not a Bungee jump, she was attached to a cable. 
The video showed her at the bottom swinging back and forth. She looked like a fly from the top!

We didn’t know about it till she brought the video home. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

No way. I am the world’s biggest chicken when it comes to heights. 
My children and grandchildren don’t take after me. 
Here’s my son Scott in Chicago. I don’t remember which skyscraper has the glass floor. 

It’s in New Zealand. 
The wonderful adventures are wasted on me…though I did a hot air balloon in Kenya. 

122587F8-06B0-4DCE-A69B-CEDB20A8635D.jpeg

That’s the Willis tower is Chicago.  Originally known as the Sears Tower (although I will always refer to it as the Sears Tower) At one time it was the tallest building in the world, I believe e it’s still the tallest in the US.

• Like 2

@dani negreanu Those are some interesting photos of the glass floor of the frame!

The ground seems so far away! Thank you for posting the photos!

@Sea Dog Your recovery will get easier. You have an amount of healing to do,so hoping for steady improvement for you.Hoping your wife is doing well also. I say this because my DH has bone on bone in his knees, but,so far,no pain. Damage was caused by playing football in college fifty years ago plus living life. I do love him,but I have made it clear that when/if he has knee surgery, I will hire a health aide to help him during the first week or two that he is home. I think he may listen to that aide more closely than to me 😉.

Following your progress closely as the surgery may be in his future. 

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Hannah did a canyon jump in the Alps when she was 18. Took a flying leap and went straight down. Not a Bungee jump, she was attached to a cable. 
The video showed her at the bottom swinging back and forth. She looked like a fly from the top!

We didn’t know about it till she brought the video home. 

When I was in my teens and in my 20’s I had no fears.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

No way. I am the world’s biggest chicken when it comes to heights. 
My children and grandchildren don’t take after me. 
Here’s my son Scott in Chicago. I don’t remember which skyscraper has the glass floor. 

It’s in New Zealand. 

122587F8-06B0-4DCE-A69B-CEDB20A8635D.jpeg

Oh my gosh, your grand-daughter is brave.  I’ve previously shown a video of that NZ swing to my kids and neither of them were keen.  Nice photo of your son too but glass floors are a heck no from me these days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely no can opener lady!!  If we end up with a last minute cancellation instead of posting ad online like we did last year when she showed up we will just let friends or family stay there.

Please reconsider the can opener lady. It was some of the best entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was in my teens and in my 20’s I had no fears.

Same here, Lenny. My fear of heights came on suddenly in my 40s. Prior to that  I did the Sydney Harbour Bridgeclimb with my brother and Dad for my Dad’s 60th.  My brother did not enjoy it all.  I thought it was a walk in the park and the height didn’t faze me at alI.  I couldn’t do it now.  It’s not so much the height of the bridge, it’s the open steel mesh walkway  that you walk across to access the ladder to climb the bridge that would do me in now. Hate looking down.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Same here, Lenny. My fear of heights came on suddenly in my 40s. Prior to that  I did the Sydney Harbour Bridgeclimb with my brother and Dad for my Dad’s 60th.  My brother did not enjoy it all.  I thought it was a walk in the park and the height didn’t faze me at alI.  I couldn’t do it now.  It’s not so much the height of the bridge, it’s the open steel mesh walkway  that you walk across to access the ladder to climb the bridge that would do me in now. Hate looking down.

I'm the same.  Never had a fear of heights when I was younger.  About 15 years ago, I found myself a little woozie when trying to step onto the 1100+ foot (342 m) high glass floor of the CN Tower in Toronto.  The engineering half of my brain knew there was no concern...lots of safety built in.  The other half of my brain though took charge and said no way.  It bothered me just watching little kids jumping up and down on the glass panels.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We had a Valentine's meal tonight.

It was so nice I forgot to photo every course.

Graham 

IMG_20220212_185716.jpg

IMG_20220212_185803.jpg

IMG_20220212_185932.jpg

IMG_20220212_185951.jpg

IMG_20220212_190449.jpg

IMG_20220212_190858.jpg

IMG_20220212_195729.jpg

IMG_20220212_201526.jpg

IMG_20220212_203502.jpg

What a lovely way to celebrate Valentines Day!

I do wonder about the truffle American sauce!

Everything on the menu looks very special, and you both look marvelous!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was 67° yesterday, It was too warm in the house at midnight so I turned the AC on.  Woke up at 8am to 32° outside, 38° right now and forecast to be 70° Wednesday.  The temperature has been all over the place.

It is crazy here too.    yesterday was around 56, today low 60's and tomorrow back in the 20's / low 30's maybe with a chance of 1 to 3 inches of snow.     then back up in the 50's early next week.  

Be careful with turning your AC on as my HVAC guy told me to never put it when the outside temp is 60 or less.    I am not a techny with this kinda stuff but can freeze the inner coils and something about the lubricating fluids will thicken and damage the unit as well something with the refrigerant. 

You know that thingy that can break that other thingy - LOL!       

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

WE will be in FLL tomorrow foe week 3 of our 4 week cruise, a Western 6 day cruise. The following week , an 8 day Eastern, and we are scheduled for Labadee.

So far, it has been somewhat cool and very windy, except for today, nice and warm.

We will be off a week, and back again. At this point, the 8 day is scheduled for Nassau, not Labadee.

Excellent - happy to hear you are enjoying life on your cruises.    Hope the weather warms up you for this week.    🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

That’s the Willis tower is Chicago.  Originally known as the Sears Tower (although I will always refer to it as the Sears Tower) At one time it was the tallest building in the world, I believe e it’s still the tallest in the US.

I’m glad the glass floor wasn’t there when I was. 
The last time I went to the top, it had just become the Willis Tower, and my paranoia kicked in. When we were ready to leave, I had the feeling that as soon as I committed to board the elevator, it would drop away from me. 
I told Dick I was going to walk down. 
A security guard heard me and came over and told me I couldn’t do the stairs. They were for emergency only, and he couldn’t allow me to do it. I argued to no avail. 
I didn’t notice the elevator door opening but Dick pulled and the guard pushed and, willy nilly, I was on the elevator. 
Luckily, I probably won’t have an opportunity to scare myself silly on the North Star. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4