Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We went to the visitors center, which was well worth the visit. Then walked to the viewing area where you look over at the bridge and down to the river. 
It was wonderful!

There aren’t enough adjectives. 

Here is some facts about that bridge, they even have a tour where you walk across it under it...........The bridge is very high!

https://bridgewalk.com/bridge-walk-tour/

Bridge-Walk-Tour-image-1.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&fit=crop&crop=faces&w=360&h=240

West Virginia New River Gorge Bridge Walk Tour | Bridge Walk

This was before the safety  cables..........crazy huh?

New River Gorge Bridge Facts

• Longest single arch bridge in the Western Hemisphere
  • 3rd longest single arch bridge in the world
  • 2nd highest vehicle carrying bridge in the United States
  • 5th highest vehicle carrying bridge in the world
  • 3rd highest bridge in the United States
  • 13th highest bridge in the world
  • On the West Virginia State quarter
  • On a United States postal stamp
  • A national landmark in engineering
  • Listed on National Register of Historic Places as a significant historic resource
  • Bridge Day™ celebrated 3rd Saturday every October
facts
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Headed to a practice round of The Players golf tournament today.  Should be good weather today (80F+/-) with a chance of rain this afternoon.  Hopefully just a little bit of typical Florida liquid sunshine.  If it rains, we'll just hang out by the TacoLu truck.  Yum.

Good luck ! As Lee Trevino says, 

“If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Just finished watching the prequel to Yellowstone, 1883. Wow it was really good but heartbreaking at the end. I cried like a baby. Looking forward to the next installment of Taylor Sheridan’s masterpiece, 1942. Must see television.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Just finished watching the prequel to Yellowstone, 1883. Wow it was really good but heartbreaking at the end. I cried like a baby. Looking forward to the next installment of Taylor Sheridan’s masterpiece, 1942. Must see television.

I thought 1883 was best mini series I have seen in a long time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The "official" version is on YouTube.  She has always had a fantastic voice.

Thanks.  I saw this on you tube.  I wondered at first why a true Country singer didn't sing that song, but it occurred to me that maybe Kelly did it the most justice.  Her voice range is incredible.  Her high notes were spot on.

Her duet with Josh Groban, All I Ask of You, is amazing.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good luck ! As Lee Trevino says, 

“If you're caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

Reminds me of Caddyshack.😄

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Headed to a practice round of The Players golf tournament today.  Should be good weather today (80F+/-) with a chance of rain this afternoon.  Hopefully just a little bit of typical Florida liquid sunshine.  If it rains, we'll just hang out by the TacoLu truck.  Yum.

You might want to consider volunteering 

I did it for 18 years and have never played golf other than Putt Putt. As a golfer, you’d get even more out of it. 
It was tiring, but great fun. 

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

You might want to consider volunteering 

I did it for 18 years and have never played golf other than Putt Putt. As a golfer, you’d get even more out of it. 
It was tiring, but great fun. 

My Dad was an avid golfer.  He volunteered at a tournament and met Arnold Palmer.  Palmer graciously agreed to have a picture taken with Dad.  That picture hung next to his recliner and was one of the pictures we chose for his memorial service.  He said Palmer was a real gentleman.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Did you have a car?  Shame on you for limiting yourself to Applebees...........

Yes, my truck we arrived in.  After walking the pathway down the New River Gorge Bridge.  Pretty spectacular bridge and gorge.  We got to Summerville WV around 7PM.  Checked into the La Quinta in the same parking lot as Applebees.  We had our two Welsh Terriers with us, after spending a week in our VRBO near Blowing Rock, NC.  One of our favorite places on the planet.  We ate at Applebees because we were tired and it was convenient.  After our 8 hours on the Gauley we were beyond tired.  We were so exhausted that the thought of looking for a different restaurant was incomprehensible.  Summerville is a town of less than 4000 people.  Not a lot of choices nearby.

For the next morning, we had the typical LQ waffles and we ate at our raft captain’s (Chickenhead was his name) favorite breakfast spot as we headed back to the middle of the USA after checking out for chicken biscuits.  They were good.  Not as good as our favorite Chapel Hill spot but good.

jc

• Like 2

Even though it's supposed to snow all day, only 1-3 inches of snow predicted in my neck of the woods. And it's the perfect snow - big, fat flakes that coat the grass and trees in white but melt as soon as it hits the pavement, sidewalks etc, so everything is just wet & not slippery.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks.  I saw this on you tube.  I wondered at first why a true Country singer didn't sing that song, but it occurred to me that maybe Kelly did it the most justice.  Her voice range is incredible.  Her high notes were spot on.

I guess Kelly is considered a pop singer or "cross-over" these days, her roots are in country music.

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

😥 Please tell me they came back for him. 

I want to know as well.  That pic left me feeling a bit sad, which is not usually the case with the dog pics posted by @Ocean Boy Sorry. 😟

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I made a promise to myself not to.  I will experience Wonder first hand one day, and not on CC.

Normally, I don't follow "live" reviews either.  For the same reason you stated & too many of them read like unorganized diaries with too many off-topic conversations. But it just so happens that 2 of my favorites - Twangster and BirdTravels - are doing reviews at the same time. Aside: I didn't "tag" them since they don't post on this thread.

And our very own @h20skibum is doing an excellent job with Allure so he is now on my short list of faves.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I agree, too many threads about the same ship. I like what a few of us did on Adventure a few years ago... one thread and everyone posting from the ship did it on that thread.

There have been a few times as I was reading where I thought to myself I already read that. Then realized it was on someone else's thread.  I gave up reading Bennies Wonder review. Two is enough.

Interesting about the Adventure review. Sounds like it would have been an enjoyable read. I feel like there was one like that recently, where it was one thread but I felt like I was reading 4 very different cruise experiences.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I guess Kelly is considered a pop singer or "cross-over" these days, her roots are in country music.

I want to know as well.  That pic left me feeling a bit sad, which is not usually the case with the dog pics posted by @Ocean Boy Sorry. 😟

It made me sad, too. This thread is not to just post happy stuff. It bothered me when I saw it so I posted it. Unfortunately, sometimes "pets" find themselves in exactly that position.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Even though it's supposed to snow all day, only 1-3 inches of snow predicted in my neck of the woods. And it's the perfect snow - big, fat flakes that coat the grass and trees in white but melt as soon as it hits the pavement, sidewalks etc, so everything is just wet & not slippery.

We had the big fat flakes of snow this morning with a light coating on the grass but around 11 am it switched over rain - really dark and gloomy here.   I sure cannot wait for Spring with some warm sunny days (not the spring showers!)

I have some crocuses blooming and some tulip plants pop out of the soil and now about 4 to 6 inches tall.    

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It made me sad, too. This thread is not to just post happy stuff. It bothered me when I saw it so I posted it. Unfortunately, sometimes "pets" find themselves in exactly that position.

That did bring a tear to my eyes too!     I am going to believe they came back from the dog so I am not crying all day. 

Did you ever see the movie with Richard Gere, Hatchiko - A Dog's Story?

I cried through that whole movie

• Like 2

@Ozark_Kid   I received the mini air pump yesterday and charged up last night and gave it try this morning.     Didn't work as quick as they say but it did work.   It was able to blow up 2 pool noodles in just under 10 minutes.     I have not yet tried the deflate option.

This is the one I bought.   The airflow is 300L per minute which seems stronger than some of the others sold on amazon. 

image.thumb.png.3e09ae5897807b6a51483a9f37ed4aa5.png

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Lenny, she's a teacher so the due date of 01Sept means she has the whole summer off, perfect timing 

Both of my daughters are teachers.One of my granddaughters was born on June 27 ,nearly 18 years ago so my daughter also had the whole summer off.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hit the "like" button before you edited to your post but I saw what you added and agree.  And it's sad that there are people that own pets that really shouldn't.

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had the big fat flakes of snow this morning with a light coating on the grass but around 11 am it switched over rain - really dark and gloomy here.   I sure cannot wait for Spring with some warm sunny days (not the spring showers!)

I have some crocuses blooming and some tulip plants pop out of the soil and now about 4 to 6 inches tall.    

Just the "snow drops" or "snow bells" (I don't know the actual name) are popping up here.  I feel like I'm probably 1-2 weeks behind you," horticulturally speaking" , so maybe in the next week or two, the crocus and tulips will appear.  Once the forsythia bloom, then you know spring is really here. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Just started watching The Tinder Swindler on Netflix and reading a new book by Amor Towles - The Lincoln Highway.  Recently read his books Gentleman in Moscow & Rules of Civility. Enjoyed both.

The Tinder Swindler is very good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

me too. I don’t think it’s right to just tie a dog up like that. The cartoon doesn’t imply that the owners are far off but this could be worrisome.

59 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And our very own @h20skibum is doing an excellent job with Allure so he is now on my short list of faves.

I think Mark @h20skibumis doing a fantastic job. While I respect and love the reviews that Twangster and BirdTravels do with their great pics, I like the personal approach. I like hearing someone’s experience. You really feel like you are with them. Great job Mark I have loved your review.

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Me too. I could never tie up and leave a dog no matter how far away I am. Dogs are meant to always be your side, no matter what.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ATG said:

My Dad was an avid golfer.  He volunteered at a tournament and met Arnold Palmer.  Palmer graciously agreed to have a picture taken with Dad.  That picture hung next to his recliner and was one of the pictures we chose for his memorial service.  He said Palmer was a real gentleman.

At the end of one day I brought one of my sons out to walk the course. 
Arnold came out of one of the condos, lit a cigarette and walked several holes with us. That was a huge thrill for my son and for me. 
That was before The Players moved across the street from Sawgrass to the new built for the tournament course. 
Things were much looser before Deane Beman. 

• Like 3