Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Original kitchen when we built our house in 1990, I had a Jenn Aire electric stove top and a Thermador down draft system.  Hit a button and it would rise up from the island about 8 or 10 inches.  It sucked, badly.  

Our first home in 1985 had a Jenn Air slide in range. All the piping for downdraft and convection oven made the oven tiny.

We tried several more Jenn Air cooktops over the years, but they never got hot enough, or vented well. Plus they were cold in the winter

• Like 2

Update, they did blood work and it showed MRSA in her blood.  Not a good thing.  We are thankful for all the prayers and concern shown for her.  The grandkids are on the way over for us to watch while their mom and dad go spend time with her.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Update, they did blood work and it showed MRSA in her blood.  Not a good thing.  We are thankful for all the prayers and concern shown for her.  The grandkids are on the way over for us to watch while their mom and dad go spend time with her.

That is not great.  Will keep her in my thoughts and hope for her to improve.  If it helps my father was in ICU with MRSA, intubated for a week and it looked rather bleak for awhile.  He improved and lived several years after that.  At the time he was in his late 70s.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The "good" thing is that she's already in the hospital and intravenous antibiotics can be administered.🙏🙏🙏 🤞 🤞🤞

It is always important to see the positive. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The lights are back on! ………and the heater!

YAY!!!!!!

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

In the evening we went to the Irish Village which has been in Dubai for over 20 years. It's right opposite Emirates Airlines learning centre where I went for courses, and I have fond memories of good times there.  They often have live music on

Sue I'm so happy you are traveling again. I would love to goto Dubai, it looks amazing. I hope you continue to have an amazing time. Cheers!

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

A7E6CAE5-23E8-4D8E-995A-E7D0B98455A9.jpeg

Looks very tasty!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip.  I can't wait to start seeing the world again.  We're thinking of maybe a couple of weeks in Scotland next, since that's my heritage.

Scotland is on our bucket list. I hope you go and taste some great scotch!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night I had my worst reaction ever to a vaccine.I had the second Shingles vaccine yesterday at 1PM.At 11:30 PM I had excrutiating pain in both legs plus my whole body was shaking non stop.Today I am a lot better.

I'm sorry to hear this Lenny. I know my legs are suffering at night but nothing like yours. I hope you have relief. I'm thinking of you.

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

She will be in my thoughts and hoping for a positive recovery. She at least is in good hands. I'm thinking of you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your tests today!!   Hopefully you will be doing the Happy Dance and packing today.

One word of advice, do not show up early for check in.   Best to avoid standing in line in cold weather.   

I.e if your check in is 12 pm, show up at noon or a couple minutes after and just walk up to the front door and they will let you right in.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.  

Thanks for the heads up about arrival time.  There was a recent Anthem thread where the poster said the terminal was empty at their 11:30 am arrival time and staff were outside announcing that if anyone had an earlier time, they could come on in.  Based on that we were going to arrive earlier than our 12:30 check-in.  But I trust your advice more so we will just stick to the 12:30.  
Also happy to say we both got negative test results so actual packing will be done today!  I’ve had most of our clothing out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms but held off on actually putting things in suitcases. 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the heads up about arrival time.  There was a recent Anthem thread where the poster said the terminal was empty at their 11:30 am arrival time and staff were outside announcing that if anyone had an earlier time, they could come on in.  Based on that we were going to arrive earlier than our 12:30 check-in.  But I trust your advice more so we will just stick to the 12:30.  
Also happy to say we both got negative test results so actual packing will be done today!  I’ve had most of our clothing out on the bed in one of the spare bedrooms but held off on actually putting things in suitcases. 

Sounds like you are getting excited!  Glad you are able to go.  Looking forward to hearing how the cruise is going.  Have a great cruise!

We had been trying to get our arrival time set up for our May Alaska cruise.  Yesterday we saw someone in roll call post they got it so we checked and was able to get an 11:00 am check in!  I had been concerned about it being cold but after some research I feel better about it now.  They say average temperature is mid 50’s.  

• Like 5

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

We decided that for this first trip in two years and all that's happening in the world we would just make it a one flight trip . We still hope to go in our Autumn though with a new grand baba arriving in Sept, nothing is planned. 

Thanks for posting the great pics.  Looks like it was a great first trip.  We also have a grand baby arriving early September!  We have a couple trips planned through June but will later be sticking around through mid October. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

YAY!!!!!!

Sue I'm so happy you are traveling again. I would love to goto Dubai, it looks amazing. I hope you continue to have an amazing time. Cheers!

Looks very tasty!

Scotland is on our bucket list. I hope you go and taste some great scotch!

I'm sorry to hear this Lenny. I know my legs are suffering at night but nothing like yours. I hope you have relief. I'm thinking of you.

She will be in my thoughts and hoping for a positive recovery. She at least is in good hands. I'm thinking of you.

Thanks,Greg

• Like 1

Glad to hear about the negative tests for those ready to sail this weekend.  I hope you can share some photos.

For April Fool’s day, Mother Nature decided to show us some snow showers this morning, but thankfully, nothing stuck.

Meanwhile, my son sent a sunrise photo from their vacation spot for the next week.  

8AB63284-0AC2-4C54-9C57-66D3A475A190.thumb.jpeg.7f5b338c648f9a482bc8378e2fd320a2.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind that view.

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

For April Fool’s day,

I am so glad you posted that it’s April Fool’s day.  It would of been the first time I overlooked it.

One year my daughter and Sharon came to me and informed me that when the daughter was backing the car out of the driveway and sideswiped my truck.  Knowing it was April 1 I calmly said, No problem we all make mistakes.  Later I went out and saw a big swipe down the side of the truck!  I thought they were trying to pull one on me!  😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

My handicap is currently exactly 16 and is trending to 16.  I had one round, not at my club last year where I shot 79.  Without that round, I would probably be a 17.  I have days where I hit the ball where I aim and make putts, those rare days keep me coming back.  I have a ball in a glass jar on the window ledge here in my office from when I hit a hole in one almost 19 years ago.  🤣  A vendor that was playing with me sent that with the glass etched with the date, hole, etc.  🤣  what a suck up.

I got a hole in one 12 years ago on a course that no longer exists...hole #14 at Old Silo in Kentucky.  It was part of an incredibly lucky string of 3 holes.  I chipped in over a bunker from a short sided position on the par 5 13th for birdie.  Then hit the hole in one on 14, and followed with about a 30 foot putt that broke at least 6 feet for birdie on 15.  Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to put that golf ball away.  I sliced (badly) my drive on 16 into another fairway.  I should have easily been able to find it in the middle of the other fairway but never did.  We assumed that the 4 some playing that hole found the ball in their fairway and picked it up.

It's sad to see what sometimes happens to courses like Old Silo.  It was regularly picked in the top 5 of public courses in KY and was chosen as the top course more than once.  According to rumor, the owner died and his son tried to squeeze some money out of it.  Greens fees went up and maintenance went down...a death spiral for a golf course.  It closed in 2017 and houses are being built where the course used to be. ☹️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Are you better???

I am not better.I do not know if you were posting this to me.I have a really bad headache ,a sensation of my body burning up and horrifific pain in my legs.Last night we nearly called 911.According to the Internet this can last for 3 days.I have been taking Tylenol.I never had pain like this before.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Last night I had my worst reaction ever to a vaccine.I had the second Shingles vaccine yesterday at 1PM.At 11:30 PM I had excrutiating pain in both legs plus my whole body was shaking non stop.Today I am a lot better.

I've got a prescription for Shingrix sitting on my desk, waiting for me to schedule an appointment for the shot.  I asked the pharmacist at my local CVS and she said that Shingrix has been around for a while and most people have no problem with it, but then almost reluctantly admitted that some people have flu like symptoms for a couple of days.  I think she was trying not to scare me away from getting the vaccine.  I'll need to schedule it when I have a few open days afterward in case I get a reaction like what you have.  Sigh.

• Like 3

Hate hearing that you had a bad reaction.  How often is a Shingles vaccine supposed to be taken?

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Maryann have a great cruise!

Thank you, Marietta!  I hope Charlie is feeling better and better each day!

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been without electricity for over 2 hours now.  My ipad is at 15%.  Phone is still charged. I may have to drive around town to get stuff charged up. 🤔 

I sure hope the power is back by now, John!

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

🙏Prayers that all go well for Kenzie's dad's sister.  She is so very young!

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!!   I hope the 4 of you have a wonderful cruise with smooth sailing and beautiful weather.🥰

We have been very fortunate with such nice weather these past 2 weeks.   We have 2 sea days back to bayonne.  Tomorrow will be our last warm sunny day.   

Yes, it is difficult to watch people fuss over the stupid stuff.   Especially when there are much better options.   

We continue to be spoiled by the Head Waiter.   He told us to expect another surprise Friday night..   We did discreetly give him a nice tip last weekend.    

We ate at Wonderland for Eric's Birthday today.   We both really enjoyed the food and the presentation.   Lots of fun!

Sounds like the past two weeks have been heavenly!!  Happy Birthday wishes for Eric.  You sure have an awesome Head Waiter!  

We're all packed and ready to go.  One more sleep....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not better.I do not know if you were posting this to me.I have a really bad headache ,a sensation of my body burning up and horrifific pain in my legs.Last night we nearly called 911.According to the Internet this can last for 3 days.I have been taking Tylenol.I never had pain like this before.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes, I was posting you.  That is terrible and I find Tylenol is good for nothing. I hope you find some relief soon.  Is there anything stronger you are allowed to take?

• Like 1

One day a week we're allowed to through out junk in a designated place for the municipality to gather.

For DH those are the days he goes "junk-hunting" in the neighborhood .... A couple of years ago he found what was once upon a time a table, missing its top, only the 4 legs. It was left on our back balcony, waiting its "opportunity".

Lately, DS1 discovered it, and asked to be turned into a chess table... Sure enough, DH painted the legs gold with just a touch of "copper-like" brushes, and hunted again, in the designated days, for an adequate top.... Alas, after some fruitless weeks, he gave up and just bought a piece of wood, to be tailored as a chess top. Painted it gold, and then painstakingly engraved the game into the top.

Told him next time he's doing this kind of "restoration", he should take pics of "before" and "after". This time, you'll have to believe me...

20220401_205525.thumb.jpg.7ef2d0d5ef1c08c0630937cb294b7421.jpg

IMG_8565.thumb.jpg.67e242ac54e1423fb30fd15618c5002a.jpg

• Like 26

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

We decided that for this first trip in two years and all that's happening in the world we would just make it a one flight trip . We still hope to go in our Autumn though with a new grand baba arriving in Sept, nothing is planned. 

Sorry to hear the weather is still bad for you. 

Sue, it looks like quite a memorable trip;  how lovely to see the Expo!

Congratulations on your expected new grandbaby , who will be arriving this Fall!

Wow, I just remember the shot hurting, and then of course, my arm bothering me while I tried to sleep..I'm a side sleeper.

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lenny, feel better.  We are going for second booster today and I am planning for side effects.

By booster, are you talking about a second Covid booster?

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hopefully she will be okay.  A dear friend of mine had MRSA years ago.  She is fine.  It is scary, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1