Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Ok folks

As I age and I am not getting younger, and after 31 years of marriage keeping the better half happy, when we go to live concerts I still wear my ear plugs, I never could stand ((((((LOUD!!!!!!!!)))))))) music.

He loves the concerts and I love him too much to not let him enjoy his favorite past time.  I am music illiterate.  And only know the words to a few songs by the greatest artist known to man, namely Barry Manilow, Neil Diamond, and The Osmonds to name a few.

So when we go, I keep my mouth shut, besides if you talk no one would hear you anyway when the band is playing.  I text his phone when I need to tell him something. That really makes his day.

And besides, when we do the concert scene and their is no smoking permitted whether inside or out of the venue and then all the "wacky tobacky" gets fired up, it kinda makes me nauseous.

But on the other hand I have recently noticed a change in my hearing.

Our new son in law, no matter where we are or what we are doing I cannot hear a word he says.

I guess it is his pitch or tone of how his voice is heard.

I am like a German shepherd, tilting my head to hear him talk and understand him.

So soon my earplugs will be changing to hearing aides.

At least I know I can handle something in the ear, and am so willing to not miss out on life.

Except concerts.

Nothing would take away the loudest decibel nuisance noise known to me.

Ear plugs stocked up well.

Hearing aides will be left at home when we go.

I do not want to be known as the lady who always says.....................

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

Take care

Some 30 something years ago my girlfriend now my wife wanted to go to see Barry Manilow, I got on line as soon as they went on sale ( pre internet sales) , only seats available were balcony, this was large 20,000 seat arena , when concert was going to start there was nobody on first level, scalpers bought all those seats and could not sell them, we were all told just go to first level . Similar thing happened for a Sinatra concert , day or two before the concert scalpers were selling the first ten rows for under the list price , that was a fantastic concert , had seen Sinatra many times in New York, Vegas and Dallas.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's exactly why I booked starboard our last couple sailings on Anthem.   

For our Oasis sailing I was hoping to get cabin on deck 8 near the entrance to CP but they were all booked so have deck 9 booked for now.   

I have been on deck 9 before near the stairway. It is just as convenient as being on deck 8. You just have to do one flight of stairs to Central Park.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When I first got mine, my audiologist friend insisted that I bring Susan along when he made the first frequency adjustments.  He said it was important to make sure he tuned the frequencies so that I would be able to hear her.  

So it appears my loss was in that “high pitched whine” range.😂😂

I found out years go that I needed hearing aides when I had damaged my inner ear and my balance was way off.  My ENT sent me to one that specializes in balance disorders.  While I was there they wanted to test my hearing.  After testing we walked out where Sharon was sitting and he looked at her and said, He really can’t hear you!  😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’ll, here’s how I look at it.  Let’s use the same Anthem 7 nt Bahama cruise out of Bayonne. 
Cruise, drink packages, grats, Voom and parking for the week = $ 3500.  If we do this cruise two more times that’s $ 7000.  The same cruise in a suite (using your figure of $ 4500 - I have no idea if that’s accurate) plus drink packages, grats, Voom and parking = just over $ 6200.  Both options get us to Diamond and we don’t need to purchase drink packages on future cruises,  plus we would also be okay with the two free 24 hour internet periods rather than buying it for the week.  

While looking if you find a GS for $4,500 on a 7n big ship please let me know.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hear ya!   We don't always get off ship at Nassau but after our 1st week and having a great day at Clifton Heritage park we decided to wander over to Junkanoo Beach and get some conch fritters from salty crab hut on the beach our 2nd week.   Once you get thru all thru town and all the people it was a nice couple of hours.   If there are 6 large ships next time there I don't think we will get off the ship, was far too chaotic with that many ships.

Did you take any snorkeling pictures at Clifton Heritage park?  I don’t recall seeing any. 

Man I am full of experiences today.

Well, of all my 65 and 4 years of living I have never done what I did today.

But, I guess my earliest years do not count.

To begin with today was the first day in many weeks that I woke up and was not nasally congested, whether was due to a  cold, or allergy or maybe even spring SPRINGING.

How did I know you may ask????

Well Lying in bed, my sniffer started to sniff and all that I could say, is I smelled cat, not PEE, but cat.

So I opened my eyes, no cat

Looked on floor for hairballs and cat barf, nada

Smell the comforter/quilt..............Yup, cat.

Now, I had to do something to alleviate this situation.

And

I knew I could not use our washing machine because the last time it washed this humongous quilt the front loader almost spun off the stand.  If I would have broken it and the DH had to schedule a service call, he would lets just say, not be happy.  And that day when the house shook like an earthquake I never saw the cat for hours.  She was in a hiding spot so unique, it is a mystery to this day.

So doing what any good wifey would do was google the home town laundromat.

So Vienna Laundromat  open 24 hours, super duper jumbo washing machines and dryers.

They take credit card, pay pal and other plastic cards.

Excellent reviews.

So being one with a high IQ, I poured a capful of laundry detergent on quilt and rolled it up, and got an empty bottle of fabric softner and put in one capful and off I went.

Put quilt in laundry basket and drove to downtown Vienna.

When I get there, the place is empty.

Now that could be good or bad.

Good in case I make a fool of myself, no locals will see it.

Bad, if I need help I am screwed.

So I go to the big machines up front and it takes quarters.

Damn you, the web page says plastic, thought these were modern, and I did not know never been here.  (Guess I have a not so high IQ as I thought I did).

I have tons of quarters ready to be wrapped and now I have to get more.

Now mind you I didn't want to get back and get in the car and take the long drive home 1- 1/8miles

So

Now I go to the back of the laundromat and I see a coin changer, that is good. 

I am so excited, I open my wallet and the smallest bill I had was a $20.

So I had no choice and put it in the bill slot and   SWOOOSH, gone.

All of a sudden 80 quarters filled the dispenser.

DAMN I THOUGHT I WAS WINNING ON A QUARTER SLOT MACHINE.

So now I proceed back to the washing machine.

OK 

First

Put fresh downy crystals in

put soap and Fabric softer in.

Throw that container away, good patron.

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

Then put $4.75 in quarters in.

Yup, did that after I pick the ones I dropped on the floor, because they slipped out of my pocket, and yes I got every one.

Then it tells me to push start.

I Did

It started and in 27 min I was done.

So it makes a door sound  CLICK, not the rhythmic sound my LG's make when they are done.

And it is wet. Not damp, but wet(sad face)................like finding a lounger at 7am on an RCI cruise and  placing  a towel by the pool for hours (chair hog) and then using it to attempt to dry your hair, body, water shoes and you could ring out so much water  that they had to add water to the pool when you left.

So I move over to the super duper dryer section and I see they have a low heat option.

So, this must be the bargain section it only cost $1.50 for 26ish min.

So once again after I pick up the quarter (yup only one) off the floor and that one I had to hunt for     (  it was bad and rolled away)

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Placed it neatly on the bed.

Looks soooooooooooooo clean, and smells fresh.

Damn

That was fun.

Now I have more quarters to add to my collection.

It is what it is.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I board a week from Friday. How was your cruise?

I bet you are getting excited. I'm excited for you. Your mission as I asked John is to try a espresso martini with Remy Martin Cognac and report back your impressions. Thank you for your service.

15 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We won't be Diamond until the Bella cruise. 

We will be Diamond on that cruise. We can raise our glasses high and toast.

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

718D74B7-CF4A-4BC6-9FF4-A884DB52618B.thumb.jpeg.06c088a0d6dcf6f62f7161ae4695aa1b.jpeg

B8D711B2-6D68-4344-BC7F-0EFBDF9D51D1.thumb.jpeg.d6423a17c183f5085b4f49a0e6ba6979.jpeg

It's good to see you! Great pics John.

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My youngest daughter just text excited.  She said for the first time the baby kicked her hand pretty hard.  She said it made her jump!  

Such good news. That had to be very exciting.

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Gary's given up with hearing aids. He gets too much feedback, he's lost all hearing in one ear and some in his other. He also has constant tinnitus. He finds when he's in a noisy restaurant or pub he can't follow conversations.  HE never complains about it and because of that friends often forget he has this hidden disability and he has to remind them he can't always hear everything 

Thanks for your thoughts. I too worry about feedback. I've heard it from others and thought if I can hear it that loud imagine what it sounds like in someones ear?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I bet you are getting excited. I'm excited for you. Your mission as I asked John is to try a espresso martini with Remy Martin Cognac and report back your impressions. Thank you for your service.

Actually, I'm not all that excited. The airlines seem to be in turmoil as far as cancelling flights. After having my flight home cancelled in January I'm a little gunshy about flying.... which is something that I usually look forward to and enjoy.

• Like 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Actually, I'm not all that excited. The airlines seem to be in turmoil as far as cancelling flights. After having my flight home cancelled in January I'm a little gunshy about flying.... which is something that I usually look forward to and enjoy.

I totally understand that. I'm the same way about airlines. I stress from the time I get to the airport until touchdown at my destination.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Since our experience I don’t feel sure until we are in the air.  I know you can’t always believe the airline  excuses but what are they saying is messing it up now.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

To begin with today was the first day in many weeks that I woke up and was not nasally congested, whether was due to a  cold, or allergy or maybe even spring SPRINGING.

Well Lying in bed, my sniffer started to sniff and all that I could say, is I smelled cat, not PEE, but cat.

And

I knew I could not use our washing machine because the last time it washed this humongous quilt the front loader almost spun off the stand.  If I would have broken it and the DH had to schedule a service call, he would lets just say, not be happy.  And that day when the house shook like an earthquake I never saw the cat for hours.  She was in a hiding spot so unique, it is a mystery to this day.

So Vienna Laundromat  open 24 hours, super duper jumbo washing machines and dryers.

Excellent reviews.

So being one with a high IQ, I poured a capful of laundry detergent on quilt and rolled it up, and got an empty bottle of fabric softner and put in one capful and off I went.

Damn you, the web page says plastic, thought these were modern, and I did not know never been here.  (Guess I have a not so high IQ as I thought I did).

Now mind you I didn't want to get back and get in the car and take the long drive home 1- 1/8miles

So

OK 

First

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

Yup, did that after I pick the ones I dropped on the floor, because they slipped out of my pocket, and yes I got every one.

I Did

So it makes a door sound  CLICK, not the rhythmic sound my LG's make when they are done.

And it is wet. Not damp, but wet(sad face)................like finding a lounger at 7am on an RCI cruise and  placing  a towel by the pool for hours (chair hog) and then using it to attempt to dry your hair, body, water shoes and you could ring out so much water  that they had to add water to the pool when you left.

So I move over to the super duper dryer section and I see they have a low heat option.

So once again after I pick up the quarter (yup only one) off the floor and that one I had to hunt for     (  it was bad and rolled away)

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Damn

That was fun.

It is what it is.

I am not sure why but you reminded me that I took some dam pics yesterday that I meant to share.  Sharon and I grabbed a drive through meal and went to enjoy the view.

5242FCE7-9A6C-458B-A981-16F8F8CF5D20.thumb.jpeg.516d92cc9fb7a96b1190c0be99ce8d44.jpeg

479A39E6-79DF-4AA5-9544-A7BDCCB06EC4.thumb.jpeg.7e3b6eb27271f0fc532abd78c724f771.jpeg

D7E262BA-A97C-485E-A3AF-A719947435F2.thumb.jpeg.af6873e3bcff64881376c03e099ba915.jpeg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, George C said:

I have been to many Dylan concerts , you never know what he will sing , this year was one of the few we missed but reviews said they were almost all new songs but said he was in good voice. 

I was at Bob Dylan’s very first NY concert in 1961 and many of his other concerts .He is a great songwriter.The problem with him and other singers getting on in years is that they think people will not come out to see them unless they sing current songs.They forget that music of the 50’s,known as oldies still draw large crowds.

A guy I know named Stuart Marcus is the lead singer of the group Gathering Time.

They play current songs in concerts but also sing classic rock songs and there is great demand to see their concerts.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

An update on my Jen's friend Jen.  They got together today and cried when they saw each other.  They met at work 14 years ago and never lost touch when my Jen moved to NJ.

Jen is looking wonderful and her new heart is pumping beautifully.  A few glitches with the ton of meds she has to take daily but nothing that can't be regulated.  She was at end stage heart failure and now has the gift of life.

So happy for her and her family.

I have a friend who I worked with.In 1990 she could no longer work as she was critically ill and needed a heart transplant,which she had. Now 32 years later she is alive and well and goes on cruises.

Wonderful news on your daughters friend.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I like the meds for a colonoscopy!

I was awake for one just long enough to feel the insertion and it hurt. I had just time enough to think “Oh no!” and then I was gone. I sure don’t want that to happen again!

Remember Ether ?I was having a tooth pulled in 1959.The dentist used it and it wore off just as he began to pull my tooth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

And

Excellent reviews.

So

OK 

First

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

I Did

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Damn

That was fun.

It is what it is.

Yes, you have temporarily solved your problem.  However, you still have the cat.  

A long time ago, my DW wife, sent me an email with a picture of a kitten she wanted.  I replied, “have I ever denied you anything?”  We got the cat.  

21 almost 22 years passed before we solved my problem with the cat passing over the rainbow bridge.  Saturday she was watching some vet show with a cute kitty on it.  I said not only NO, but HE double Hockey sticks, NO!

jc

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

When I first got mine, my audiologist friend insisted that I bring Susan along when he made the first frequency adjustments.  He said it was important to make sure he tuned the frequencies so that I would be able to hear her.  

So it appears my loss was in that “high pitched whine” range.😂😂

The first time I was fitted with hearing aids, approx. 34 years ago, my audiologist told me "welcome to the hearing world".  When I went outside everything I heard sounded so loud.  The one sound that I will never forget was the sound of birds chirping.  Hope I never stop hearing beautiful sounds.

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

And

Excellent reviews.

So

OK 

First

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

I Did

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Damn

That was fun.

It is what it is.

Sue, you are one major pistol.  I love your stories!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, you have temporarily solved your problem.  However, you still have the cat.  

A long time ago, my DW wife, sent me an email with a picture of a kitten she wanted.  I replied, “have I ever denied you anything?”  We got the cat.  

21 almost 22 years passed before we solved my problem with the cat passing over the rainbow bridge.  Saturday she was watching some vet show with a cute kitty on it.  I said not only NO, but HE double Hockey sticks, NO!

jc

So, when are you picking up the cat?

Remember happy wife, happy life.

Sad spouse, your a louse.

Best of luck.

Wondering if your couch is comfy.

Asking for a friend.

Be safe

• Haha 7

And

Excellent reviews.

So

OK 

First

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

I Did

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Damn

That was fun.

It is what it is.

I love your stories.  You make it sound almost fun to use a laundromat.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Did you take any snorkeling pictures at Clifton Heritage park?  I don’t recall seeing any. 

Yes, I did take a bunch of pics and videos with underwater camera and have to download them from that memory card.     I forgot to do this weekend but definitely will do this week as I haven't viewed them yet either.

• Like 1

And

Excellent reviews.

So

OK 

First

Did that

Then pick temp.

Task accomplished.

I Did

I selected my temp.

Put in my 6 quarters 

Hit start

It did

and when it was done.

DAMN

It was dry.

So now off to home.

Damn

That was fun.

It is what it is.

I have to take my down comforter to laundromat soon then I will put away till next fall/winter.    You make it sound fun!    

40 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So, when are you picking up the cat?

Remember happy wife, happy life.

Sad spouse, your a louse.

Best of luck.

Wondering if your couch is comfy.

Asking for a friend.

Be safe

I like cats.  I am done 100% done doing the litter box and general mess.  I did it for 21 plus years.  So, if she wants a kitty she will be on litter duty.  I am betting she won’t be getting a kitty.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’ll, here’s how I look at it.  Let’s use the same Anthem 7 nt Bahama cruise out of Bayonne. 
Cruise, drink packages, grats, Voom and parking for the week = $ 3500.  If we do this cruise two more times that’s $ 7000.  The same cruise in a suite (using your figure of $ 4500 - I have no idea if that’s accurate) plus drink packages, grats, Voom and parking = just over $ 6200.  Both options get us to Diamond and we don’t need to purchase drink packages on future cruises,  plus we would also be okay with the two free 24 hour internet periods rather than buying it for the week.  

I was just pricing up Oasis for end September and you could get a OV Balcony for $1805, Central Park Balcony for $1625 or a JS for $3775.    

Remember once you are Diamond you would get the balcony discount !!!

OV Balcony would then be $1492 instead of $1805, JS would be $3219 vs. $3775..    Good selling point to mention to the hubby 😁

• Like 4

So I was sitting in the hot tub, writing a little story about our airline problems.  Then I check our thread, and it appears this has become a topic today.  So what I wrote is below…..

Has anyone had problems with airlines changing flights on you this year?  Every flight we have booked this year has had something change on us.  This has been true of both SWA and UA. 

First flight to FLL in March, Southwest changed the time of our flight after booking.  It was by less than an hour, so no big deal for us. 

Next flight in March was on SWA from FLL to Pittsburgh.  Again, less than an hour change, and they kept it direct, so no big deal. 

Our next two flights in May to and from FLL on SWA both had times changed.  Our return flight just makes it a tighter time frame to get to the airport after the cruise. 

Our next May and June flights turned into a fiasco.  We initially booked a flight on UA from San Francisco to Pittsburgh, because they had a nice non-stop daytime flight. We like a non-stop when we are traveling a long distance with our grandson.  So with that flight booked, we booked a flight to SFO on Southwest.  

We no sooner got them booked, when United sends us an email saying they will not have that nice daytime flight, but we can change to a red eye.  No thanks. 

So we check Cleveland, and United has a daytime non-stop from San Francisco.  So we move our flight to Cleveland instead. (A little longer drive, but worth it for a daytime non-stop)

Now we had to change our Southwest flight to San Francisco from Cleveland, because it would be nice to have our car at the same airport.  We no sooner get those changes made, and in comes an email from United.  “We are making a change in your non-stop flight.”  It will now have a stop in Chicago.  At least it is still a daytime flight, but not sure if we will keep or try again. 

Then yesterday, we booked non-stop flights on Southwest to and from Myrtle Beach. (Yes, we are taking all the grandkids there for a week, as part of the Summer of Fun 2.0)

Less than 8 hours after booking the flights, we get a notice of change for both flights.  Now, instead of direct, we have a stop in Nashville.  How could they not know when we booked.  It has just been annoying. 

At least all the flights were reasonably priced (except the ones we booked to Myrtle Beach), but prices are really going up.  I will hate to see how much our California flights will be in the fall when we take our grandson home. 

• Like 5