Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I'm another one who never gets price drops, and I have to keep reminding myself that it's because I got such AMAZING sale prices that they just don't go any lower.... the prices I get are still lower than what everyone else is paying.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You never saw a melted Coke bottle turned into an ashtray when you were a kid

When I was a kid, Coke bottles were glass, and you needed a bottle opener to open them. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Coke bottles never held much sentimental meaning for me.

One man's treasure, is another man's junk.

The very first crystal block that was ever given to me was from a little old lady in Padadena who knew her offspring would have no desire for it. True story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

When I was a kid, Coke bottles were glass, and you needed a bottle opener to open them. 

Indeed, but glass can't stand up to fire. Curious how laser etched crystal would do.🤔

Come to think, isn't JC's wife named Crystal😉

With a K of course

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I really want to know how everyone is getting these big price drops.  I have religiously checked all of my cruises, and the prices have only gone up.  Mine next month never went down, and that category is sold out.  I had hoped to upgrade to a suite, but those were sold out when we booked.

Same with our January cruises.  The one is up $150, and the other has the category sold out.  I thought maybe our May cruises next year would drop a little, but they have not budged.  I can’t believe I booked all at the low point.

My Allure has gone up, too. 
I ask periodically, for every cruise, and the response is always that it would be higher if repriced. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, your kibbutz pictures are beautiful.  I remember you staying with family awhile ago on another kibbutz or a guest house lodging?  I remember your grandsons and the pool.

It was a "zimmer"... The only good thing about it was the pool... The rate was 750 shekels for one night for a couple, no b'fast. Uhh.

Now we paid 486 shekels, and it included a copious b'fast.

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Lionesss After reading your remarkable story, wish I could give you a great big hug but this will have to do.

((((((((((((((((((((( SUE ))))))))))))))))))))))

Joining in a long distance BIG hug 😘

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You never saw a melted Coke bottle turned into an ashtray when you were a kid

When I was growing up, the popular  family holiday trip in summer was to do the annual big road trip drive from Sydney to the Gold Coast in QLD. It was hot, the car had no air conditioning back then and we were in the car for 12hrs (with comfort breaks).  Anyways, one trip I made the mistake of leaving one of my barbie doll on the flat section behind my seat right under the glass.  On arrival in QLD,her face had melted off.  Freaked me out.  Never wanted to play with a doll again after that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday wishes on your Granddaughter's  7th Birthday!  Nice double celebration, with it being her Birthday and Easter Sunday all on the same day!

+ 1, Mark @h20skibum

Marietta,@DaniDanielle, those eggs are so colorful. When I was a kid, in Romania, my parents only managed a very dubious dark blue color....☹️

@Sunshine3601, Debbie, glad you eye is doing better. Give it time.

@sgmn, Sue, have exactly the same difficulties going back to sleep after breaks.... and, until I somehow manage to fall asleep, here we "go" again.... "rinse and repeat" 😟

@BonTexasNY, Bonnie, having THE "problem" deriving from eating matzos, I'm ashamed to admit that I gave up.... Keeping the tradition for the Seder only.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

One man's treasure, is another man's junk.

The very first crystal block that was ever given to me was from a little old lady in Padadena who knew her offspring would have no desire for it. True story.

My first Crystal block was on our first grand suite a few cruises before we were supposed to get one , we opened the box and there was a card saying congratulations on your 420th cruise 😀😀, we told the room steward that there was a mistake she said she would check with concierge , we kept it , have a couple more now. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, George C said:

My first Crystal block was on our first grand suite a few cruises before we were supposed to get one , we opened the box and there was a card saying congratulations on your 420th cruise 😀😀, we told the room steward that there was a mistake she said she would check with concierge , we kept it , have a couple more now. 

Our first earned block was Allure.  Total surprise, I wasn't aware way back then.

Now we seem to get one every 3rd cruise

I may acquire 7 on the world cruise🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

Wishing all who celebrate a Good Friday, Happy Easter and Happy Passover,

For the first time since our DS2 got married, we were invited to join our daughter in law family for the traditional Passover "Seder". It is a bit complicated, since our in-laws have a small place, and they're doing the "Seder" with their respective in-laws (parents of their DIL), so we're kind of a 5th wheel, and hesitated between very much willing to be with our son and grandkids, and "imposing" ourselves (with our other single son...). We didn't mind not being with our son when the grandkids were small, but now I've discussed the "matter" with my lovely mother of DIL, and asked to split the biggest holidays (Passover and New Year), so that Passover, which involves more activities for the kids, will be spent with their family, and the New Year -- with us (DIL, sons and grandkids). I guess she didn't want to split her family, so... there were 28 of us in a big villa. We felt very welcome.

Our share -- I volunteered to bake 2 different kinds of almond cookies (no flour involved), and DH made a very tasty mushroom pie with chestnuts, and baked potatoes.

IMG_6972.thumb.jpg.119223539f760a6cb08ad87f69a982dd.jpg

IMG_6971.thumb.jpg.bc9b47ee3235cbeb88ae5935acdbe068.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.d71c67fb84ad1d179d492ef797eb4596.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5f07e65d11a224b8172848f2a068d114.jpeg

The table of sweets, my cookies were a hit.

image.thumb.jpeg.2be10ff95864d434d16f85fb3efbc42e.jpeg

The traffic was horrendous, WAZE kept updating the ETA every few minutes, in the end it was 40 minutes more than estimated when we started the journey.

image.thumb.jpeg.469fae5fe8ccfabff28d8cb454fa358f.jpeg

The journey back (at 11pm) was slightly better.

image.thumb.jpeg.9e18d7bf9b52b37ed400050e39c3bb4f.jpeg

• Like 22

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our first earned block was Allure.  Total surprise, I wasn't aware way back then.

We got a allure on last cruise a few months ago, others are navigator and brilliance.

45 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

For the first time since our DS2 got married, we were invited to join our daughter in law family for the traditional Passover "Seder". It is a bit complicated, since our in-laws have a small place, and they're doing the "Seder" with their respective in-laws (parents of their DIL), so we're kind of a 5th wheel, and hesitated between very much willing to be with our son and grandkids, and "imposing" ourselves (with our other single son...). We didn't mind not being with our son when the grandkids were small, but now I've discussed the "matter" with my lovely mother of DIL, and asked to split the biggest holidays (Passover and New Year), so that Passover, which involves more activities for the kids, will be spent with their family, and the New Year -- with us (DIL, sons and grandkids). I guess she didn't want to split her family, so... there were 28 of us in a big villa. We felt very welcome.

Our share -- I volunteered to bake 2 different kinds of almond cookies (no flour involved), and DH made a very tasty mushroom pie with chestnuts, and baked potatoes.

image.thumb.jpeg.2be10ff95864d434d16f85fb3efbc42e.jpeg

The traffic was horrendous, WAZE kept updating the ETA every few minutes, in the end it was 40 minutes more than estimated when we started the journey.

image.thumb.jpeg.469fae5fe8ccfabff28d8cb454fa358f.jpeg

The journey back (at 11pm) was slightly better.

image.thumb.jpeg.9e18d7bf9b52b37ed400050e39c3bb4f.jpeg

The food looks wonderful.  I would love to taste the mushroom and chestnut pie.  I love chestnuts and they are hard to get here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Your pizza rustica pie looks delicious.   Did you make the pie with ricotta and salami?

Eggs look great too!    I hope they are hard boiled since they are upside down😅 (in the photo anyway)

Made with ricotta and prosciutto, mozzarella, eggs, hard boiled eggs and grated cheese.  It took me three Easter’s to perfect the recipes.  Eggs are hard boiled and were right side up🤪

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Everything looks scrumptious, Dani!  Yum!!

How great that you were able to enjoy your sons and grandsons on this occasion!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My first was on Adventure and it was a total surprise to me, too.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Everything looks scrumptious, Dani!  Yum!!

How great that you were able to enjoy your sons and grandsons on this occasion!

Wish I could try the almond cookies but since they would kill me I have to pass!  Everything looks delicious.  I am happy you celebrated with family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1