Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Itinerary [on either Royal or Celebrity].

Only 2 cruises were for the "ship" -- Allure, when she was in Europe, and in 7 weeks time [hopefully, Covid willing] - Celebrity's Beyond.

We aim for balconies, preferably near mid-ship ["humps" in Radiance class]. Lately, we've been lucky, when prices for "concierge" balconies on Celebrity were less than "regular" balconies, so we switched, since the "concierges" are better located.

Itinerary definitely however as we get older boarding at our home port will be a big plus and the ship will be the destination.  

A little diversion for Dani ———- 

You are the diplomat on how you handled ....... “this is the roll call “ and “thank you for the tips” .  I got a chuckle out of that and especially the toilet tip.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You know what? It doesn't matter to me if you don't understand. I will leave it at that out of respect for this thread.

I never really gave it any thought that we don't know your first name.   You are OB or Ocean Boy to me.  That's your name to me😍

BtW do you have photos of Labadee Beach or other areas.   Curious to see what it looks like now.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We went for it and planted all our seedlings.   

6 mounds of burgess cucumber

4 back beauty eggplants

4 long eggplants

4 CA wonder bell peppers

3 sweet banana peppers

3 Hiberno peppers

4 golden zucchini

6 Amish paste tomatoes

6 super sweet tomatoes (grape tomatoes)   I ear these like candy

6 beefsteak tomatoes

6 delicious tomatoes

And we sowed one bed with seeds for Great Lake Green beans

And we planted various sunflower plants along different areas of our fence.

I feel like I am missing something.

In the middle of doing all of this Eric replaced the car battery on my convertible that has been in garage on float charger all winter.   And he discovered he has a big screw in his tire that keeps loosing air so he removed the tire to take to garage and get a plug tomorrow.   

And I mowed the yard!

Long productive day with perfect weather😃

Wow! That is a great start.  Reading your list reminds me of a couple things I forgot about, cucumbers and zucchini.  My Amish Paste and Delicious tomatoes are looking the best.  It’s nice to getting it started isn’t it/. Keep us updated how it goes.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sunshine3601 you had me drooling at all your plantings.  Can you share photos of your produce down the track.  Would love to show my dad who loves his veggie patch.

Yes, I will be happy to share photos.  

I enjoy growing and sharing my produce with everyone.

I do also have a separate area for my herb garden and of course my catnip for Eva and Sparky.   I am still using some of my herbs from last year.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I never really gave it any thought that we don't know your first name.   You are OB or Ocean Boy to me.  That's your name to me😍

BtW do you have photos of Labadee Beach or other areas.   Curious to see what it looks like now.

I didn't take pictures around the compound but it looks just like it did before the shutdown.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Wow! That is a great start.  Reading your list reminds me of a couple things I forgot about, cucumbers and zucchini.  My Amish Paste and Delicious tomatoes are looking the best.  It’s nice to getting it started isn’t it/. Keep us updated how it goes.

Right now, my super sweets and beefsteak plants are looking great.   Cucumber and eggplants also look really strong and healthy, let's hope they all stay this way.

I cannot believe how fast everything grew.   I would plant seeds and have sprouts in like 2 days.  I think adding the heater and fan to my growing area made a huge difference this year.

Now I have all these empty containers and thinking I will start some flowers from seed and maybe one more type of peppers

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Right now, my super sweets and beefsteak plants are looking great.   Cucumber and eggplants also look really strong and healthy, let's hope they all stay this way.

I cannot believe how fast everything grew.   I would plant seeds and have sprouts in like 2 days.  I think adding the heater and fan to my growing area made a huge difference this year.

Now I have all these empty containers and thinking I will start some flowers from seed and maybe one more type of peppers

I am going to start some thyme and basil.  I thought about direct sowing but I heard thyme can take 3 weeks to germinate.  I may try my cherry tomatoes again too. They were looking so good…. Until they didn’t.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

7D31FB2A-953C-4C96-9950-4F03A6235D12.thumb.jpeg.fa438f0ef7b1d7bec018b1dcc31cf7e1.jpeg

Truth. Man's best friend a lot of times do not deserve us. We need to be better.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I could never watch Old Yeller or The Yearling after being traumatized the first time. 

That movie traumatized me as a kid. That and Bambi. I never cried that hard as a kid.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Well we know what his toe looks like 🤣!

Baby steps!

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Prime Rib for dinner. 6lbs of delicious beef. 

4A4AF261-9749-4EE2-BD5A-DA52C3A03C2D.thumb.jpeg.77c254801af18306998f138071151c2e.jpeg

That is one fine looking prime rib. I'm sure it was delicious.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Anyone who will not tell us his real first name is not likely to post a picture😀

I respect someone who does want to keep their privacy. I'm a open book but I have respect for OB and others.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is your picture?

Touche!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 8:03 PM, BonTexasNY said:

I was not going to post this 2 weeks ago when my 15 year old niece in Israel had a spinal stroke leaving her totally paralyzed. This thread is full of the most sympathetic and compassionate  folks, but I still hesitated bringing this into our thread .   BUT now I can mention it because Hila (pronounced Heela) has movement in her legs and arms.  She can now finally stay sitting up with help and the therapists are working with her to get her to slowly walk. We were sent a video of her lifting up both her legs high and twirling them around.  Yayyy! 

Doctors are optimistic she'll be able to walk again after lots of therapy.

This is a very rare stroke for a 15 year old.

So please keep sweet Hila in your prayers for a complete recovery.

Note to @dani negreanu: Dani, Hila is Jack's twin sister's granddaughter who lives in Modi'in in a high rise.  All 3 married children of Jack's sister live in Modi'in.

So sorry to hear this, but sounds like she is starting to improve. I’m 59 pages behind 🤪 so I’m hoping she is doing even better today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

So sorry to hear this, but sounds like she is starting to improve. I’m 59 pages behind 🤪 so I’m hoping she is doing even better today.

I missed Mike this morning. My timing is all messed up.

55 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am going to start some thyme and basil.  I thought about direct sowing but I heard thyme can take 3 weeks to germinate.  I may try my cherry tomatoes again too. They were looking so good…. Until they didn’t.

Only thing I ever plant is basil. I am a happy boy , just won a couple of hundred in my monthly poker game 😁.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This prompts me to ask something I’ve been wondering.  When all of you search for cruises, what’s the criteria?  Are you searching for specific dates? Itineraries? Prices?  Ships?  Just curious. 

Dates.

Cruise length.

Itinerary.

Ship.

Balcony cabin location.

Price.

Graham

• Like 5

7 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Good evening Arzeena, thanks for asking.  As you, and many others on here, know, I don’t post a lot about the day to day stuff since I don’t want to sound like I am complaining or frustrated all the time. But since you asked.  She had to start a new chemo last week.  They are trying Gemzar chemo once a week now. 

She was on Abraxane chemo once a week for about 15 months.  It was doing great for about a year according to her CT scans back in December the newest tumor had reduced in size drastically.  The CT scans a couple of weeks ago showed that it had grown back to its original size before the Abraxane chemo.  So it’s time to try something new.

I learned something last week that I had not known.  Evidently the hormone receptors of cancer can change from positive to negative over time.  It’s seems her original biopsy from 2000 and the tests done in 2008 when it metasticized was positive, but the biopsy of 2020 was negative.  So I am just waiting for the new biopsy to be scheduled to see if the HR is + or -.   That will determine what additional drug they will add for the new gene therapy to go along with the Gemzar chemo.  

I think i have all the terminology right, I’m still reading through all the print outs of the gene study and drug sheets her doctors gave me.  They know I like to research everything so they print it all out for me.

Also had a new appt with a new neurologist that specializes in Parkinson’s to try out different medications and therapies for that, but need to get her gaberpentin dosages correct for the neuropathy in order to work on the Parkinson’s.   

Needless to say that my days are kept busy trying to figure all of this out and deal with everything on my own.  I do appreciate your concern and really enjoy this thread to help keep me sane at times. 🙂

Our prayers 🙏 and best wishes are with you always.

Graham and Pauline xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today we had a late Easter dinner at my MIL’s.  Rabbit veggie bowl. 

2A26AA9B-B0FB-4FD8-9723-BFE80B4E8CD2.thumb.jpeg.855b5648674660246ff4b755403bf8c1.jpeg

60F1E8EB-49D3-4EAA-943A-8056D86E90AA.thumb.jpeg.91566c4cd7b0575caf35c2217b60193e.jpeg

Prime Rib for dinner. 6lbs of delicious beef. 

4A4AF261-9749-4EE2-BD5A-DA52C3A03C2D.thumb.jpeg.77c254801af18306998f138071151c2e.jpeg

90D78E58-369A-499E-B9CB-7824E5D5EB8F.thumb.jpeg.3030d8b929a82d86489c552d8df76d84.jpeg

My plate. 

88520799-D6FD-4F50-A7E9-7F4DA7DCE9C8.thumb.jpeg.a5df6c38a9df1f452bd8710a84dfaf5a.jpeg

Chocolate tarts for dessert. I only had one.  

703EA324-7B01-4372-8D09-99BABDFF4C2E.thumb.jpeg.c5e7908ccf053eebb4e00cc663f231c6.jpeg

Lovely food photos Andrew😋

First batch of Dad’s 85 homegrown bananas. I took a bunch home today.  No doubt he will also be sharing with all his neighbours.  Last week, one neighbour had wet firewood.  Dad’s firewood is dry, so he gave them a bundle of his.  In return, they delivered him a plate of Pork Belly BBQd. My Chef brother saw the leftovers on a plate in dad’s fridge and was drooling.  Another neighbour gave him 2 Eggplants from their garden this week which he has been frying up for lunch. Third neighbour gave him snow pea sprouts which are currently going gangbusters in his garden bed. His paw paw plant which he grew from a seed is looking really healthy with several fruit growing on it and his coffee bean tree is looking amazing. 

058F780B-169F-4F72-B725-F07B18D27016.jpeg

• Like 21