Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Went out tonight to celebrate Siete de Mayo. 

6C6D38A9-8B46-44EC-B16B-ECA7695196C0.thumb.jpeg.42c427bd2e1307ae52e1043d0b58e32f.jpeg

My wife could not finish her frozen strawberry margarita, so I had to help her out with this much that she left me.  

546C5B80-4B44-4992-8A2A-5D5A27F83487.thumb.jpeg.9e37337f66ed328ab5043cae600ceb61.jpeg

At lest they were a little bigger and better than the ones we got on Cinco de Mayo. 

82F1B636-5E8C-41A2-909A-E9C7A7D4028E.thumb.jpeg.44ba8d0c069659f0c947550403237e95.jpeg

Moral - always go Mexican for margaritas. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are finally going to Tortola! Originally wanted to go 2 years again then Covid hit. Then the sailing that I had originally booked for March of 2023 got cancelled (Then booked the Bella cruise) I have been waiting patiently to see if a Tortola sailing would show up but nothing. I contacted my ace TA who knows everything and he said try back around end of April when Royal would add more sailings. Then nothing. I got to the point where I started looking to book a Celebrity cruise to Tortola.

Then surprise today as I did some routine searches and found 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and PD from Ft. Lauderdale on Voyager on October 21,2023-Oct. 28, 2023. Perfect and great itinerary.

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 2-3 Cruising (Love this)

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke here I come!!!!

This sounds like a great itinerary.  I’m going to take a peak at it. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

This sounds like a great itinerary.  I’m going to take a peak at it. 

Love to have you and Lisa join us. The Soggy Dollar is calling your name.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We are finally going to Tortola! Originally wanted to go 2 years again then Covid hit. Then the sailing that I had originally booked for March of 2023 got cancelled (Then booked the Bella cruise) I have been waiting patiently to see if a Tortola sailing would show up but nothing. I contacted my ace TA who knows everything and he said try back around end of April when Royal would add more sailings. Then nothing. I got to the point where I started looking to book a Celebrity cruise to Tortola.

Then surprise today as I did some routine searches and found 7 Night Eastern Caribbean and PD from Ft. Lauderdale on Voyager on October 21,2023-Oct. 28, 2023. Perfect and great itinerary.

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

Congratulations! I was all excited that you found it, but Tortola is only 7AM-3PM. I will have Bill take a look at it. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

You will not be disappointed in JVD.

we may have to take a look at this cruise too Greg. St a roux would be new to us. 

• Like 3

I am joining Sue-in-Ohio,  celebrating the "you have been excused" email I received this afternoon.
Everything was going to be done via zoom session in the first week. Was sent tests, questions, some details, trial dates. etc along with a questionnaire. I was not going to be able to make a couple of trial dates and I answered the questionnaire accordingly. Got the email this afternoon that I was excused.

Some years ago I was summoned to appear directly to a "closed door" session at criminal court. It took them the whole day to explain us what it was, why closed door session, reading of the briefs, questions, etc. Then they called each of the prospective jurors (there were 200 people) individually for questions. Some were being seated in the jury box and sworn in, but majority were being given a letter and dismissed. When it was my turn, they asked what my profession was and name of my employer. I was immediately dismissed upon answering.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What is this you were drinking, with the Coronita as part of your drink?

A corona Rita.  I was feeling good after a couple.  They always go heavy with the tequila. 😋 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

I wish that was this year.  Looking for something for the fall, and that would have been one of my open weeks.  I love the Voyager.  

By the way, anyone have any recommendations for cruises that are not during these weeks?

Aug 21-Sept 5

Oct 30- Nov 6

Nov 20- Nov 25

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Love to have you and Lisa join us. The Soggy Dollar is calling your name.

It might be. 

33 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations! I was all excited that you found it, but Tortola is only 7AM-3PM. I will have Bill take a look at it. :classic_biggrin:

IMO that time frame maybe tight for JVD. This is when a ship excursion would be suitable.😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I wish that was this year.  Looking for something for the fall, and that would have been one of my open weeks.  I love the Voyager.  

By the way, anyone have any recommendations for cruises that are not during these weeks?

Aug 21-Sept 5

Oct 30- Nov 6

Nov 20- Nov 25

August 5......9 night Oasis of the Seas from NJ.😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All this talk of ages, and suddenly I am feeling older today. 😂😂

One of our standard tv shows to view when I was growing up, was the Ed Sullivan Show.  Much of what I consider the best music of our generation was spotlighted on his show.  I wore my hair long in the early 60’s, but with it slicked back.  After the Beatles appeared on the Sullivan show, I combed it forward and headed to school.  That hairstyle earned me a prompt trip to the Principal’s office.  My, how things have changed. 

Clint Eastwood movies were always big on campus when I was in college.  The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly was always playing, and some of my fraternity brothers were obsessed with it.  In fact, one just sent all of us a five page trivia test on the movie.   And, of course, when Dirty Harry came out, it seems we had several 44 magnums appear at our house and several of us would head to the range on weekends with them.

I did not have long hair till 1970 .I had a beard longer than my hair.It had nothing to do with the Beatles.The Ed Sullivan Show was something that my parents watched every Sunday night.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Corn on the Cob, from my Garden Last Year and  Chicken Drum Sticks in the Air Fryer

20220507_174550.thumb.jpg.e1615918190323cc564791731de462c0.jpg

My cousin lives in Kissimmee, Florida, and posted that an ear of corn in her store was charging $1.01 for one ear!  I looked in our store here in NJ, and it was $.70 for one!  One large artichoke was going for $2.79!!!!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

A co-worker friend and her husband rented a house in Tortola for two weeks every year for many years.They took a lot of pictures and she always brought them to work urging me to go there.We went there for the first time about 10 years ago and went back several times.It is a beautiful island.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

August 5......9 night Oasis of the Seas from NJ.😁

We will still have our California grandson here with us then. Maybe I will have to see when his passport expires.  Kids passports are only good for five years.   I would like to take him on a cruise, but by the end of the summer, we will be looking for some relaxing, down time with just the two of us. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Day 1 Ft. Lauderdale

Day 4 St. Croix

Day 5 Tortola

Day 6 Cruising

Day 7 Perfect Day

Day 8 Ft. Lauderdale

Nice itinerary. Too bad it happens during high school football season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

It might be. 

IMO that time frame maybe tight for JVD. This is when a ship excursion would be suitable.😁

We did a catamaran excursion, thru NCL. I don’t recall the name but it was a very recognizable one and it was so much fun, lots of rum punch flowing on the trip back to the ship. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

What is this you were drinking, with the Coronita as part of your drink?

I never understood this drink , I like margaritas and beer but not in same glass but it’s popular down here.

• Like 3