Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@HBE4 congratulations for a well played Rangers game last night.  I didn’t need a close game when trying to sleep before a cruise. 

Game 7 - go big or go home time. 

Thank you!

If your anything like me, it's next to impossible to sleep before a cruise. Any vacation actually. lol Of course, had the Pens won, you could've enjoyed the sleepless night.

I recorded last nights game & watched it when I got home from dinner. Finished around 2 am and was up until almost 4 am. Checked prices for Sundays game 7, cheapest ticket being resold was around $700. No thank you. Beer and food is cheaper at my house & I don't have to travel 90 minutes each way.

Enjoy your cruise. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect Sunday. This series has been crazy and the momentum swings pretty wild. It's hard to imagine the Pens losing 3 straight games, then again, I didn't expect the 7-2 blowouts earlier either. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Well I thank you for photo bombing and saving me from reading pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages............

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Ooops, my mistake.  I meant to say Lionesss/H20, but you’re absolutely right- Sue @Lionesssdeserves credit for getting that party started. 

I need to start paying more attention. I just realized @Lionesss & @h20skibum are on the same cruise & thread. lol. I thought I was reading 2 different "live" reviews (3 counting @Ozark_Kid but I know that is totally different ship & itinerary).

• Like 3

For the readers here, I just finished The Force by Don Winslow.  It was very, very good.  About an NYPD task force and it’s “dirty” members.  Grittier than Michael Connelly’s Bosch series.  If you watched The Wire or The Shield, similar to that.  The author has quite a few books out with similar story lines and he wrote Power of the Dog, of recent movie fame. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I took the 2nd covid booster (#4 vaccine overall) yesterday and my arm is so much more painful than any other vaccine I received.  I've been trying to exercise and drink plenty of water.

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

Very hard to keep up in here.  Hope all remain well.

I hope you are feeling better today from the booster.     Eric was going to go for this 2nd booster this week but didn't make it the pharmacy.      Plans on going early this coming week when he has some prescription refills to pick up and do it all in one trip. 

Great job on catching that phishing text.     

Disgusting how many scammers there are nowadays.   Even sadder how many end up a victim of these scams and how fast things can spiral out of control once the scammers have your info.     

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks.  I also let the credit card company know when we'll be traveling out of state.

We still do this too.    Most times they tell me I don't need to notify them since cards have the chip and I always tell them I prefer to be safe and let you know especially if I am on a cruise or foreign soil and won't be able to get text alerts.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

I love the all I've gotten twice so far, same American dude stating in a shaky, sweet voice:
hello grandma, it's me, your grandson.  (no name)  turns out he was at his friend's Tommy's funeral and was so upset he drank and hit another car with a woman in it.  Said he got arrested and needed help.  I play along.  When I'm taking to long he gets right to it, at a pct in New Jersey, cops have his phone and wallet.  Can I send money (cash?) to the DA.  lol  I told him on the second call: don''t you think you should stay in jail for a bit to learn a lesson.  OH GRANDMA.  LOL  idiot.
Then I reach out for a little sound machine my husband bought for scam calls and hit some of the laughter buttons.  Guess my soaps weren't that interesting for me since I killed 10 minutes with this kid. 
Oh, and the funniest part was I could hear so many others in the background saying, hello grandma?

They ort to be ashamed of themselves.

Yup, my MIL had this same type of call although she said she didn't have any money and for the boy to call his parents.     she then called my DH who said it is a scam and thank god she didn't give them any money.      

My BIL had his personal computer hacked and was told he had to pay $8000 ransom or they would compromise all his information.      We told him just ignore them and go buy yourself a new laptop for a couple hundred and change all your passwords.   

But he insisted that wouldn't work so he paid them!!!!     He's not the brightest bulb.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

A few hours ago, I received a fraud Chase text informing me that someone used my credit card to charge $60 gas in Atlanta.  I was instructed to click on a link which, of course I didn't click.  The text did not come in from a toll free 800 or 888 number.  I immediately called Chase and they verified that there were no charges in Atlanta for that amount, nor any that were questionable.  I sent Chase Fraud an email with pictures of the text.  So scary.

Wait until you get a phone call from the FBI accusing you of money laundering.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Yes it was. Another come from behind victory. So glad I recorded the game as I had dinner plans with a friend I haven't seen in 5 years.  At the restaurant , sat with with my back to the TV  and avoided all text updates from my friends. Got home long after the game ended. Even fast forwarding thru the commercials and intermission, it was 2 am before I finished. Of course, the adrenaline kept me up for another hour or so.

I assume you will be going to the game tomorrow night.It should be exciting.I live in Long Island mostly everyone I know who is into hockey are Islander fans.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yup, my MIL had this same type of call although she said she didn't have any money and for the boy to call his parents.     she then called my DH who said it is a scam and thank god she didn't give them any money.      

My BIL had his personal computer hacked and was told he had to pay $8000 ransom or they would compromise all his information.      We told him just ignore them and go buy yourself a new laptop for a couple hundred and change all your passwords.   

But he insisted that wouldn't work so he paid them!!!!     He's not the brightest bulb.

There are so many scams ,so many stories in magazines,newspapers and on TV and radio yet many people get these calls and believe them to be real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Just got one in the Solarium.   It's just a Peach Daiquiri.   I love peaches and ice drinks.

I have not had one. I must try it on our cruise. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

For the readers here, I just finished The Force by Don Winslow.  It was very, very good.  About an NYPD task force and it’s “dirty” members.  Grittier than Michael Connelly’s Bosch series.  If you watched The Wire or The Shield, similar to that.  The author has quite a few books out with similar story lines and he wrote Power of the Dog, of recent movie fame. 

This sounds very interesting.I shall put it on my list of books to read.

• Like 1

This is my reading for the week while onboard Allure. It looks like it will be good. 

FD742DC0-467D-47C6-B0FF-19B57E4C4352.thumb.jpeg.ea7c89025b8e2a774c19f8b1543d5324.jpeg

By the way, we were able to catch episodes 5 and 6 of the Bosch Legacy series, so we are up to date on it. 

Also started watching the new Netflix series “The Lincoln Lawyer”. It doesn’t appear too bad, once you get past the fact that Mathew M is not in it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

This is my reading for the week while onboard Allure. It looks like it will be good. 

FD742DC0-467D-47C6-B0FF-19B57E4C4352.thumb.jpeg.ea7c89025b8e2a774c19f8b1543d5324.jpeg

By the way, we were able to catch episodes 5 and 6 of the Bosch Legacy series, so we are up to date on it. 

Also started watching the new Netflix series “The Lincoln Lawyer”. It doesn’t appear too bad, once you get past the fact that Mathew M is not in it. 

You must have a very nice cabin to rate a lounger on your balcony.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You must have a very nice cabin to rate a lounger on your balcony.

We have one of the trailer park cabins.  A double wide. One of the CP balconies xxx29.   A table, two chairs, and two loungers.  Not a bad cabin if you don’t mind getting woken up at 4 am with the crew access next door.  

Always awake early, so it hasn’t been a problem for us.  Had the same one when we were on Oasis for two weeks in January. 

• Like 3

On 5/11/2022 at 10:02 AM, helen haywood said:

My Diana says “Good morning!”

B83FFFA6-6D7C-4AC6-9EC3-650F55A53DAD.jpeg

We’re house/pet sitting at the beach. 
This is who was lying on top of me this morning. Cooper the Wonder Cat. 

7C2E4CA1-8D56-4C5C-AC83-C945279AF915.jpeg

• Like 21

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Here in RI it’s suddenly summer.  Sun/clouds and 82 degrees today.   D7DE9BBC-A0BD-41BE-9E17-176FB9D9F9BF.thumb.jpeg.685f2f9d1978c99a91b1de5e5959f0ce.jpeg

I’m enjoying the sunshine out in the deck & resting up for this afternoon.   

Well I for one, am jealous!!!!!  Still damp and raining off and on here!!!

Your phlox, stairs and boulders look gorgeous and welcoming!  Enjoy!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I just started watching Lincoln Lawyer also, never did see the movie , might try reading tuebook.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I watched episodes 5 and 6 this afternoon.I miss many of the actors from the original Bosch.

• Like 1

Well I booked a trip to Knoxville TN in October.  I have a busy vacation schedule this year, that's for sure. May/July/Sept/Oct.  Working on Christmas but California is looking to be a little too high in price.  Forgot I used JetBlue points to go round trip there/back last Christmas.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

I love the all I've gotten twice so far, same American dude stating in a shaky, sweet voice:
hello grandma, it's me, your grandson.  (no name)  turns out he was at his friend's Tommy's funeral and was so upset he drank and hit another car with a woman in it.  Said he got arrested and needed help.  I play along.  When I'm taking to long he gets right to it, at a pct in New Jersey, cops have his phone and wallet.  Can I send money (cash?) to the DA.  lol  I told him on the second call: don''t you think you should stay in jail for a bit to learn a lesson.  OH GRANDMA.  LOL  idiot.
Then I reach out for a little sound machine my husband bought for scam calls and hit some of the laughter buttons.  Guess my soaps weren't that interesting for me since I killed 10 minutes with this kid. 
Oh, and the funniest part was I could hear so many others in the background saying, hello grandma?

They ort to be ashamed of themselves.

My sister once got a call from her "grandson" who was crying that he needed her to send him cash.  She knew it was a scam since her grandson was a child.  She asked him what his sister's name was.  Of course, the guy immediately hung up.

I knew my arm would feel better and it does, but still a dull ache and I am soooo tired like I was after the 1st booster.  In case you haven't noticed, I am a whiner for sure.

Glad to read folks in here are cruising and feeling good.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

Well I booked a trip to Knoxville TN in October.  I have a busy vacation schedule this year, that's for sure. May/July/Sept/Oct.  Working on Christmas but California is looking to be a little too high in price.  Forgot I used JetBlue points to go round trip there/back last Christmas.  

That is wonderful,Debbie

• Like 1