Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today I was on the phone with Royal to book some cruises. The lady says to me I have a nice voice, a sexy one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 No I tell her, this is my sick voice since I’m getting over covid. I start laughing which sends me into a coughing fit. Maybe I should try to keep my sick voice. 🤣  We both tested negative today. Isn’t it to soon for Mike (probably for me too) to be testing negative? Mike first tested positive on the 13th and now 8 days later he’s negative. I first tested positive on the 9th. I’m still having a little bit of a cough. I told Mike he should test again in a few days to see if he is still negative.

From what I have read it doesn't seem like there is any definite timing to this positive/negative testing.  

• Like 2

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Today I was on the phone with Royal to book some cruises. The lady says to me I have a nice voice, a sexy one. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 No I tell her, this is my sick voice since I’m getting over covid. I start laughing which sends me into a coughing fit. Maybe I should try to keep my sick voice. 🤣  We both tested negative today. Isn’t it to soon for Mike (probably for me too) to be testing negative? Mike first tested positive on the 13th and now 8 days later he’s negative. I first tested positive on the 9th. I’m still having a little bit of a cough. I told Mike he should test again in a few days to see if he is still negative.

Everyone seems to be different on when they test negative.   Did he get a PCR test or the rapid antigen test?    Sorry to hear you have a lingering cough.    Does your Doc want you to get chest xray or scan?    My MIL was told to get an xray 2 weeks after her positive test. But she's in her 90s.  

• Like 1

We’ve been in PA since Wednesday babysitting the 3 grandsons.  Our daughter & SIL went to Nashville with friends and based on her pictures on social media, they appear to be trying to relive their college partying days lol.  

While we were here I bought a car which has turned out to be a PIA.  Last April I wanted to replace my SRX but there wasn’t much to choose from. I ended up leasing a 2021 BMW. I was happy with it at first, but came to really dislike it.  So I bought it from BMW Financial, got the title from them & have been shopping around. There’s still not much available.  My SIL’s best friend (the one he’s in Nashville with) owns a Cadillac dealership here and they had 3 we wanted to look at. Test drove them, loved one and made a very nice deal to trade in my BMW - basically a swap with no money from us.  Only to find out the title BMW signed over to me has to be reissued by the State of RI in my name before I can sign it over to anyone else. Which requires an appt at the DMV and of course fees. It’s all about the fees.  So we ended up just paying cash for the new one and now have two cars to drive home instead of one. We’ll deal with the BMW paperwork issue when we get home and then sell it to CarMax, we already have an offer from them for a few thousand over our buyout cost.  

I’ve caught up reading the thread this morning, just wanted to mention - 

@DaniDanielle you & your family have been in my, actually in ALL our thoughts these last few days. ( It says something about the nature of this thread that we can feel so strongly about the friends we’ve never met.) I pray you can find some comfort from the outpouring of love & support from so many. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Partly cloudy low 70s here in LBI with winds around 15 knots.    Should clear up and be full sun this afternoon.   I took a walk to the beach and stuck my toes into the water.   Burr, Ocean temp 60f

TSOTD is an oldy from Grand Cayman.  Back to window cleaning.  

• Like 2

Waiting for our flight to board in about 15 minutes.  Will have to see if we sustained any damage from last night’s storm.  They say some will be without power for 3 days. 

Son-in-law’s car took a tree branch through the windshield. 

D83E9942-288E-45D9-9635-F67420B967E8.thumb.jpeg.689e5218161404237430d34ab6ab692c.jpeg

Some trees are down, and I guess they are trying to determine if it was a tornado touchdown. 

A12834D9-D2D4-4D73-A11F-8A5F8DC47293.thumb.jpeg.69bc822dc1c660a41bd7c2160ec61509.jpeg

No one has been by our place yet, so who knows what we will find. 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’ve been in PA since Wednesday babysitting the 3 grandsons.  Our daughter & SIL went to Nashville with friends and based on her pictures on social media, they appear to be trying to relive their college partying days lol.  

While we were here I bought a car which has turned out to be a PIA.  Last April I wanted to replace my SRX but there wasn’t much to choose from. I ended up leasing a 2021 BMW. I was happy with it at first, but came to really dislike it.  So I bought it from BMW Financial, got the title from them & have been shopping around. There’s still not much available.  My SIL’s best friend (the one he’s in Nashville with) owns a Cadillac dealership here and they had 3 we wanted to look at. Test drove them, loved one and made a very nice deal to trade in my BMW - basically a swap with no money from us.  Only to find out the title BMW signed over to me has to be reissued by the State of RI in my name before I can sign it over to anyone else. Which requires an appt at the DMV and of course fees. It’s all about the fees.  So we ended up just paying cash for the new one and now have two cars to drive home instead of one. We’ll deal with the BMW paperwork issue when we get home and then sell it to CarMax, we already have an offer from them for a few thousand over our buyout cost.  

@DaniDanielle you & your family have been in my, actually in ALL our thoughts these last few days. ( It says something about the nature of this thread that we can feel so strongly about the friends we’ve never met.) I pray you can find some comfort from the outpouring of love & support from so many. 

Good luck with your new vehicle🤩

So True, this is an amazing thread with amazing people.😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Waiting for our flight to board in about 15 minutes.  Will have to see if we sustained any damage from last night’s storm.  They say some will be without power for 3 days. 

D83E9942-288E-45D9-9635-F67420B967E8.thumb.jpeg.689e5218161404237430d34ab6ab692c.jpeg

Some trees are down, and I guess they are trying to determine if it was a tornado touchdown. 

A12834D9-D2D4-4D73-A11F-8A5F8DC47293.thumb.jpeg.69bc822dc1c660a41bd7c2160ec61509.jpeg

Safe travels home.  Fingers crossed that all is well at your home.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Nothing happens in RI without a fee.🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Hopefully you will find that all is well at your place. 

• Like 3

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That is not an unreasonable time frame for an antigen test. I've even seen PCR test convert back to negative quickly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I hope all is well.  One thing I dislike about traveling is worrying about what is happening back home.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume that your SIL’s car was parked with no-one inside at the time?  Hope you find your home unscathed by the storm/tornado.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope all is well.  One thing I dislike about traveling is worrying about what is happening back home.

That is why we use a house sitter.  Expensive but I know what is happening with the pets and the house.  In Texas we used to use a pet sitter who did not stay at the house.  Came home to a frig that had not been cooling for several days.  Icky.  When we had a house sitter the air conditioner quit on a Saturday.  He and the neighbor across the street (who has a million relatives in the area) had someone out that day and got it fixed before night.  Several times the house sitter has gotten a pet to the vet before the illness became severe because by staying at house they could observe changes in behavior.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Partly cloudy low 70s here in LBI with winds around 15 knots.    Should clear up and be full sun this afternoon.   I took a walk to the beach and stuck my toes into the water.   Burr, Ocean temp 60f

TSOTD is an oldy from Grand Cayman.  Back to window cleaning.  

My TSOTD is from the Island of Dominica from the Bamboo store.It is 79 degrees and thunderstorms are predicted for this evening.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you all.  We are getting ready for the 2:00 viewing.  I don’t know how the little ones are going to be.  The 11 year old wrote a letter to his dad but we haven’t been able to read it😢It hit them hard yesterday.  

Marietta I've been thinking about you and your family. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Know that we all here love and care about you and wish you peace in your heart.

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

There was a wicked storm that rolled through the province this morning.  There are still thousands of people without power, there was a tornado near Ottawa and unfortunately two people passed away from sustained injuries. The generators are still running at all three houses here with no idea when power will come back on.

Thankfully it wasn’t worse as we only have one large tree limb down on the farms. I’ll move it with the tractor when the time is right. 

That's horrible. I'm glad you sustained minimal damage.

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our long day is over.  I have never seen such an outpouring of love from so many people.  There were my daughter’s fellow teachers, family , friends and even some strangers who just felt sad.  The kids said their goodbyes and our hearts broke a little more.

Going to bed now and hope to finally get a decent sleep.  Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Marietta

I hope you got some much needed sleep. Relax and be still, peace will come soon.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Quite a line.  The locals must know how good it is.  I'll definitely keep an eye out here.  

My neighbor recently returned from Charlotte, NC and brought me a bottle of Rua Whiskey from a distillery there.  I've never heard of Rua.  It's not a bourbon...made from 100% barley.  Anyone else familiar with it?  I'll wait to open it until we have them over to the house.  He also brought me a 4 pack of an IPA called Juicy Jay from Legion Brewing.  I didn't wait on the beer...it was very tasty.

I have not heard or seen Rua but after looking it up it looks interesting. I will keep my eye out. On another note I happened to find a bottle of Eagle Rare at my local grocery store. I had not seen a bottle in there in several years. I snagged it quickly.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I hope you don't have any damage. That has to be scary coming back home not knowing what you will find.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

We never worry.Our next house neighbor watches our house.If anything negatives occurs he has a phone number to call a family member of ours.

There has never been a problem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akcruz said:

There are no words that could fully express our heartbreak.  We are all here for you through this difficult time.  💔

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

April & Deb, such moving words from both of you, straight from the heart. This tragedy involving a young man and a young family really hit hard.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Hopefully, no one was IN the car...

🤞 you'll find it in one piece, no damage to spoil what was a wonderful vacation.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Our long day is over.  I have never seen such an outpouring of love from so many people.  There were my daughter’s fellow teachers, family , friends and even some strangers who just felt sad.  The kids said their goodbyes and our hearts broke a little more.

Going to bed now and hope to finally get a decent sleep.  Thanks again for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Marietta

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

That is why we use a house sitter.  Expensive but I know what is happening with the pets and the house.  In Texas we used to use a pet sitter who did not stay at the house.  Came home to a frig that had not been cooling for several days.  Icky.  When we had a house sitter the air conditioner quit on a Saturday.  He and the neighbor across the street (who has a million relatives in the area) had someone out that day and got it fixed before night.  Several times the house sitter has gotten a pet to the vet before the illness became severe because by staying at house they could observe changes in behavior.  

We like our pet sitter they send us pictures daily of the cats , also have a good neighbor that can check on our house . We can see when pet sitter arrive and leave through ring camera. 

• Like 3

Today is a picture perfect day on the RI coast. It is 76°F with a slight breeze, blue sky, and the fog bank had moved out to sea. Just finish a 30 mile bike ride and feeling really good. Loads of people on the beach. Good day in RI.

• Like 19

On 5/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful bright sunny morning at the beach.   Heading out to Mustache Bill's diner for breakfast.   Then we will bring patio furniture out of storage, plant flowers in various planters around the deck and clean windows.   

Should be sunny all day with a high of 80 with light breeze.    

Have a great day everyone😃

It was in the 90's here yesterday, but I persevered and got a lot done outside yesterday;  not as much as I would've liked to, but by 1:00 I was so done working outside in the heat.  Today it is 84 with a feel of 88, and let me just say, today seems much more humid than yesterday.  A friend of mine was at the beach in LBI...I forget which beach, but she said she was wearing a sweatshirt!!!!!🙄  She does admit that she's always cold, but holy cow!  A sweatshirt!

On 5/21/2022 at 1:03 PM, Sea Dog said:

5CD0EB44-2656-40BB-B89F-57A02EBD86F3.thumb.png.a4005ce259ce526beb35e97ce8c67770.png

This is a 6 year bottled in bond bourbon that I actually got to taste straight from the barrel over two and half years ago when I did a news story about the distillery.

A96EC8A4-2749-4E07-8A85-1C446F26180C.thumb.jpeg.70e8fa1e7524fd5b2f54b53d6816b4e8.jpeg

Cheers everyone!

Greg, what does bottled in bond mean??  I'm glad to hear you've gotten to acquire your own bottle!!  I'm not a bourbon drinker, but at a gathering at my neighbors back in October, I met a young man who is a distributor?? and was given a shot of some bourbon that is/was not available at the liquor stores here.  Anyway, I was told it was very "smooth"...I had no idea what that meant..lol!  It was delicious, by the way!😉

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

There was a wicked storm that rolled through the province this morning.  There are still thousands of people without power, there was a tornado near Ottawa and unfortunately two people passed away from sustained injuries. The generators are still running at all three houses here with no idea when power will come back on.

Thank goodness you have generators for all of the houses.  Do you now have your electric back on??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

So we had a little adventure yesterday. Gary's cousin had invited us to RHS Wisley, a 240 acre garden which were doing a special evening event for dogs which normally can't enter.

We took a picnic and started to enjoy it about 7.30.  At 8.30 we heard a bell ringing. Realised there was noone else around and said maybe its closing. Our cousin said no need to hurry and we finally made our way to the exit at 8.50 to find everything closed up, the exit locked and noone around. 

I figured I could shimmy up and over the gates but we had a 92 year old with us. 

Gary went on a search and finally found a security office who let us out. Thought we would have to cuddle the dogs to keep warm.

I told Mary she was still having adventures at 92!

It was a lovely evening though

20220521_183455.thumb.jpg.0715de5566e02f7e0ef2f54237687335.jpg

20220521_191921.thumb.jpg.79f0e7d6583cdae1849bc6cbb829a20e.jpg

20220521_193031.thumb.jpg.81339ff0466a4952316d357dbd1df7f9.jpg

20220521_204607.thumb.jpg.48a986bc10161f0f8cb353b442eca8bf.jpg

20220521_203331.thumb.jpg.ca494e6da7bb793a8ac7b71afe5f29c2.jpg20220521_204952.thumb.jpg.b2bcb594a79b8e9f7eed73698a7f3b6b.jpg

Just think, you could have watched the sun rise over that beautiful garden!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I hope all is well at your home, John!

That is one awful hit your SIL got on his car.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your new vehicle🤩

So True, this is an amazing thread with amazing people.😍

+1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is not an unreasonable time frame for an antigen test. I've even seen PCR test convert back to negative quickly.

This is good to know.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Marietta I've been thinking about you and your family. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Know that we all here love and care about you and wish you peace in your heart.

I hope you got some much needed sleep. Relax and be still, peace will come soon.

+1  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Marietta

Sending love and prayers.❤️🙏🌹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1