Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love those sea turtles Debbie, they’d look good hanging on our pool shed. I guess I’ll just have to go to Antigua 😉!

I was thinking about hanging on the shed at first then I decided I wanted to enjoy them while on the patio so I hung them on the house.      They had 3 sizes now I wish I had bought all 3.    Guess I have to go back to Antigua too😁

I just noticed the different color blue on my photos.    Strange as the siding is all the same color.    I guess the lighting / shading on patio in the morning is the cause of it.    

10 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I googled substitutes for Castillo in case I can’t find it.  Seems it’s made by Bacardi and a suitable replacement would be Bacardi Superior, however the Castillo is easier on the wallet.

It still doesn't make sense to me that the recipe would have both Bacardi Silver and Castillo Silver...they're basically the same thing.  Since Castillo also makes a gold rum (aged longer than silver with a more refined taste) and a spiced rum, I'd guess that it would be one of these 2.  I looked at a bunch of web pages for a Turtle Krawl recipe and they all just say Castillo rum...except for one.  That recipe called for Captain Morgan's, which is typically a spiced rum.  It could make sense that the Castillo should be a spiced rum so that you'd have a mix of light (Barcadi), spiced (Castillo), and dark (Myer's).  If you substitute the Kraken for the Myer's, you'll be adding some spice from the Kraken, so maybe use a gold rum for the Castillo??

In other words, I have no idea.  🤪 Let us know what you figure out.  Experimentation is fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Yes.   My Dad was a Carpenter.  He was a Forman at the Construction Company he worked for.  Some of the buildings that he worked on was 2 Broadway,  P.S. 13 on Staten Island, and Kennedy Airport.  He was in great physical shape, never smoked, etc.  He died as a result of a construction accident while working on the 2nd Avenue Subway in NYC.  He fell 25 feet down and was in a Coma for a week before he passed away.  He was 61 years old.  This happened in 1981.

Sorry to hear that.I knew many guys who were in Construction in NYC.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- Is the German restaurant you are thinking about ,Luchow’s?

As I recall, it had a downtown location in the City. During the Christmas holidays, they had a huge,decorated tree in the center of the dining room that was lit up every evening.

I also want to say that I am very pleased for you that the new walker is giving you such good mobility. It must be a pleasure for you to get out in your neighborhood and be able to chat with people you haven’t seen in a long time. I hope you continue your walks for quite awhile.

MJ🙋🏻

No .Luchow’s was on 14 st. and Irving Place.This restaurant was on 3rd.Ave an 20 or 21 St.As far as walking ,I hope that one day I can get out of the development but for now my goal is to just be able to get to the places within the complex.There are 1560 residents here and in the 19 plus years that I have been living here I have known many .I am in contact with those who I have become friends but have not seen so many in several years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

What an honor for her, you have ever right to be bragging. Also glad to read about your walking progress.  

Hope the surgery goes well. 

Love those sea turtles Debbie, they’d look good hanging on our pool shed. I guess I’ll just have to go to Antigua 😉!

So sorry Marietta. Wishing him a speedy recovery for everyone’s sake. 

Both of my granddaughters will be graduating this month .There will be a family party next month to celebrate the graduations ,anniversaries and birthdays.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just coloured my hair and have an appointment at 2pm to have my nails and toes done for the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

Super way behind after just a couple of days so hope all is well with everyone.  I am back with Annabel and things will be busy around here for a bit.  LOL  She was described as "spunky" and that she is.

1537703642_Annabel1.thumb.jpeg.b1a5808c96168849cda70db7a258d188.jpeg

She is so cute. I was wondering if anyone 😉  was going to be posting pictures of a new kitty.

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think I understand why green and wood together as a single word is blocked here.  Wood, or woody, is slang for a man's erection.  Put green in front of it and you get a few different versions on that theme.  More info here, but be warned that you might not like what you read: Urban Dictionary: *****

Or it's just a bug in CC's software.  Who knows?

That makes sense. I tried googling it earlier and all I came up with was regarding plants of different kinds. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry Maryann.

That must have been distressing for you all.

My late dad worked in a shipyard and fell from scaffolding in a ships engine room and fractured his skull when he was in his early 20s but recovered.

After my mam died my dad went into hospital and he fell in the bathroom during the night  hitting his head on the wall and he died a few hours later.

Graham.

Sorry to hear this about your dad,Graham.

9 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We just got a call from my daughter-in-law.  My son is in the hospital to get IV antibiotics.  His leg is infected, he thinks from his excema.  Our family is really tired of one thing after another.

So sorry to hear this. Hopefully this will be the last thing for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

By the way, it occurred to me I post a lot of cocktail photos and questions.  In any other group I might feel the need to explain that I’m honestly not a lush. 🤣

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes I feel the same way here with some of my posts! 

Just ask @ReneeFLLShe will verify that I'm not a lush. On second thought, what happens on Allure stays on Allure.😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Yes.   My Dad was a Carpenter.  He was a Forman at the Construction Company he worked for.  Some of the buildings that he worked on was 2 Broadway,  P.S. 13 on Staten Island, and Kennedy Airport.  He was in great physical shape, never smoked, etc.  He died as a result of a construction accident while working on the 2nd Avenue Subway in NYC.  He fell 25 feet down and was in a Coma for a week before he passed away.  He was 61 years old.  This happened in 1981.

That's really sad.   Sorry your lost your Dad so young

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry. That is very sad.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We had some interior painting done a couple of months ago…and the job was done so well we’ve hired him to paint the exterior.  Today they removed all the shutters prior to pressure washing.  This will take four weeks or so from start to finish…but the end result should be great!8EE29D02-D796-42A9-B712-FB034687F074.jpeg.aab6a491f7e42aec7590b59a27a1ab29.jpeg

And pictures of the girls when they weren’t staring at the workers through the windows…

201D889E-5886-426B-B4F7-C58DC4CDF9F9.jpeg

BAB44B0D-6B71-4301-B89F-4FC9F48B0976.jpeg

Beautiful girls.   Gorgeous home.   What color will it be when done?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry Maryann.

That must have been distressing for you all.

My late dad worked in a shipyard and fell from scaffolding in a ships engine room and fractured his skull when he was in his early 20s but recovered.

After my mam died my dad went into hospital and he fell in the bathroom during the night  hitting his head on the wall and he died a few hours later.

Graham.

Ah Graham, sorry to hear this.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

It still doesn't make sense to me that the recipe would have both Bacardi Silver and Castillo Silver...they're basically the same thing.  Since Castillo also makes a gold rum (aged longer than silver with a more refined taste) and a spiced rum, I'd guess that it would be one of these 2.  I looked at a bunch of web pages for a Turtle Krawl recipe and they all just say Castillo rum...except for one.  That recipe called for Captain Morgan's, which is typically a spiced rum.  It could make sense that the Castillo should be a spiced rum so that you'd have a mix of light (Barcadi), spiced (Castillo), and dark (Myer's).  If you substitute the Kraken for the Myer's, you'll be adding some spice from the Kraken, so maybe use a gold rum for the Castillo??

In other words, I have no idea.  🤪 Let us know what you figure out.  Experimentation is fun.

I’ll have to write things down as I go, otherwise I may completely lose track as I experiment. 🍹

• Like 2

@helen haywoodYour home is gorgeous!!!!  It looks like it's probably as old as our home on S.I.  Ours was built in the late 1800's.  I loved living there;  the husband of the young couple who bought our house had admired it since he was a kid.

Our house’s name is New Haywood…it was built in 1880 from material from another house on the property named Haywood.  The original house was in the Federal style and the owners wanted to have a house closer to the main road…and built in the Victorian style.  So I can only guess the age of the heart pine floors and stained glass doors and windows…. It’s a beautiful house (and we’re just the current care takers; it will live on way after us) and it’s no joke that they don’t build them like they used to!  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔 I don’t think you meant to put the word “not” in there. 😆

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

She’s probably the last person I should ask! 

Apparently so.😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤔 I don’t think you meant to put the word “not” in there. 😆

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well you're a BIG help!😄

I thought that s22 was doing better with spell check.  😆 

• Haha 4