Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, derorim said:

No, we are just doing the TA but spending 3 days in Copenhagen before boarding.  We've never been there before (or anywhere in Europe, for that matter), and have never done a TA either.  Taking this cruise is a big step for us.

I believe we will be sailing with you on the Bella cruise, too.

I loved Copenhagen.  If they still have it get the Copenhagen card, it was available at the airport.  It gets you into Tivoli - not the rides but it is fun to walk around.  There was a production we saw sitting on the grass that was really nice at Tivoli.  It lets you into a lot of the castles, museums and other attractions.  It also was good for a canal tour.  Plus it paid for several types of transportation.  Our hotel had an included breakfast.  We ate at a lot of the little bakeries since that was cheaper then an actual restaurant.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

We spent a lot of time in NYC when we lived in NJ.  We were a little over an hour west and DH worked in the city on and off for many years.  I would hop on the train and meet him there on a Friday night.  Lots of great places to visit and fairly easy to get around once you knew how.  Of course was always happy to get back home to our 2+ acres in the woods but enjoyed our visits.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I hope they throw the book at him. That was so uncalled for. Also hope the guy was thoroughly checked by a doctor.

I was sickened when I saw the video.  This dude has problems.  
I wish they could charge him with attempted murder and I hope the guy punched out

and hit the ground is fine, and he presses charges and sues that loser big time.

I'm just imagining what the Lighting fan was saying with all those Rangers Fans there.
There were so many Rangers Fans in the shot and one Lighting fan who must have been

so damn happy that his team won.   It take one sore loser to ruin a good night. 
I hope he is given the best seats in the house at MSG tonight.   I pray he is fine.

Now I want to see this if loser 29 y/o Ranger fan lives nearby & has lost his job.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now I feel bad for posting a hiking post, while @BonTexasNY is laid up, but here goes. 

Although it was very warm today, it felt so good to get out and enjoy a little hike while our grandson was off on his last play date, before we whisk him away to Pennsylvania tomorrow.  

We found a little trail bridge. 

BE999FA2-D98C-40B4-9B02-4497249DCBC1.thumb.jpeg.19e9fdc78716ec045dcb6031624fd396.jpeg

over a nice wooded stream. (Although it is not very big this time of year.)

FD1C7F26-9DE7-4E6F-87E0-10F16D994C8F.thumb.jpeg.89d5f44fdcefa7ac565b7015947a70ab.jpeg

We ended up at what we call the blackberry trail, because there are so many blackberry bushes. 

3838AA25-1DA3-4245-90F4-9880CD55BD31.thumb.jpeg.6fd89a8b85980f4838b7b723ab49b4a7.jpeg

I was surprised to find a few ripe ones, and they were actually sweet. 

8A552499-11C6-4253-85D4-7E5D39D4B666.thumb.jpeg.9ca441c3144e83a62654c901e297cdcb.jpeg

Love the photos. I posted before that I used to pick blueberries and blackberries on Staten Island during summer camp,  Ate them right off the bush!

13 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you get better really soon and get back home.Ringing for nurses reminds me of the last time I was in a hospital.My surgeon told me that he was very respected in the hospital and had the very best attentive nurses in the hospital.They probably had hearing issues because they never responded to my needs.

Thanks, Lenny.  The nasty lying nurse's aid has been terminated.  Apparently, she had many negative issues.

Having grown up in Manhattan, I never had the issues tourists have.  We depended on the subway and buses to get us where we had to go.  Out of all of my friends and neighbors, only one had a car.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, George C said:

If you know where you are going the city is fantastic, agree it’s a pain to try to grab a taxi from the port area which is not the best area . You were only a few blocks from some great restaurants, less than a mile from great museums. I can’t wait for my next visit .

Between the port area, Times Square, Broadway, Grand Central, and the Port Authority Bus Terminal and even Penn Station and Lincoln Tunnel, that has to be the most miserable area of Manhattan to even attempt to drive.  Just too much congestion. I used to drive to Broadway plays and would get 90% of the way there in an hour with next hour spent sitting in bumper-to-bumper thru gridlock as pedestrians zoomed past me for the last 10% of the drive.

Now I only take mass transit, trains and subways.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Only way we used to go into the city was to watch Broadway shows and Concerts we would take the train from from Hamiliton, NJ to Trenton, NJ then right to Penn Station which comes into Manhattan right under Madison Square Garden.

A lot less stress going to NYC that way. 🙂

Totally agree. I wonder how many people that live in Manhattan actually own a car. The cost just to park it is probably more than most apartment rentals in other areas of the country.The city is very walk-able and despite it's reputation, the subway is still the most efficient and cost-effective way to get around the city.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And from the north, MetroNorth into Grand Central is also quite easy. I really dislike taking a car into the city.

I always take Metro-North into the city.  As you said, I hate driving in the city now.

Back in my youth, I used to enjoy it. It was a challenge. I remember reading that the traffic lights in Manhattan are timed so that if you catch them at the correct moment, you can travel in a "green light bubble" and not stop for a red light as long as you don't drive too fast or too slow. Some guy bragged how he was able travel 100+ blocks without hitting a red light.  The trick is to do it when the streets are almost deserted, like 1 am on a Monday morning. I think my record was around 30 blocks, which I consider to be an great achievement since normal day time driving, you'd be lucky to get 5 blocks before getting a light. Sometimes only 1 block. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Travel, travel, travel.  Apparently this is a day for my family to travel.   Too bad we are not all going to the same place.  

After a couple weeks in Munich, Paris and Amsterdam on business, our son just boarded his flight back to San Francisco. 

Daughter and her family just boarded their flight to take them to their week in Disney. This is amazing that they could still go, after her emergency surgery a week ago. 

And finally, we are almost to the airport to catch our flight from San Francisco to Cleveland.  Grandson was up early and ready to go for this summer’s adventures.  

• Like 13

50 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love the photos. I posted before that I used to pick blueberries and blackberries on Staten Island during summer camp,  Ate them right off the bush!

Thanks, Lenny.  The nasty lying nurse's aid has been terminated.  Apparently, she had many negative issues.

Did not know they would have blueberry fields on Staten Island.

Picked many of blueberry flats at the blueberry farms in South Jersey when I was in grammar school during the summer. Probably my first job ever.

Picked with a Can with a rope tied around your waist like these. 

Fred on his blueberry farm

• Like 9

Dani - Very glad that you and your hubby are on your way to a long-awaited cruise. Safe travels and a happy Bon Voyage ! 

I think Sue and her hubby from England are also on this Celebrity cruise.Wishing them a good holiday also.

🛳 🥂🥂😎😎

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

Now I want to see this if loser 29 y/o Ranger fan lives nearby & has lost his job.

He lives on Staten Island.  His response when he found out the incident was recorded and went viral “This may be on the Internet? Oh frig”  (substitute for F-Bomb).

Sounds like Dad is none too please either.  His quote: “He made a choice. Sometimes choices in our lives have consequences, There is nothing to defend”.

I believe they may have a very frosty  Fathers Day.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great video. I love this type of stuff, and it would put Lisa to sleep. 

That YouTube channel, The B1M, is a great follow.  They post once a week or so about major construction projects happening around the world.  Some very impressive stuff.  Micheline also has no interest.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Picked many of blueberry flats at the blueberry farms in South Jersey when I was in grammar school during the summer. Probably my first job ever.

We had quite a few farms on Staten Island, grew all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Sadly, little by little they were bought and loaded with houses😢

• Like 4

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you get better really soon and get back home.Ringing for nurses reminds me of the last time I was in a hospital.My surgeon told me that he was very respected in the hospital and had the very best attentive nurses in the hospital.They probably had hearing issues because they never responded to my needs.

Praying for you🙏🤞

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There is a blueberry farm right around the corner from us.  Last Tuesday we picked 15lbs.  I made muffins and next up will be cobbler.  

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, George C said:

We will be over 100 for first time this year in Dallas area , forecast is for 102 , very happy we have a pool in the backyard.

104 today, 105 tomorrow according to the forecast I just read.

One summer here we had approx. 30  continuous days of 100+ weather, no rain.  Water restrictions turned many lawns brown including ours.  We were allowed to water the perimeter of houses to prevent foundation damage. Bet you remember that one.

Stay cool and hydrated.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

That YouTube channel, The B1M, is a great follow.  They post once a week or so about major construction projects happening around the world.  Some very impressive stuff.  Micheline also has no interest.

Amazing!!!  Thank you for sharing this video, Bob!

31 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We had quite a few farms on Staten Island, grew all kinds of fruits and vegetables.  Sadly, little by little they were bought and loaded with houses😢

We grew raspberries in our yard on SI.

My daughter said there's a place just down the road from us here in Jersey that she wants to go to pick blueberries.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Keksie said:

There is a blueberry farm right around the corner from us.  Last Tuesday we picked 15lbs.  I made muffins and next up will be cobbler.  

My Mother used to make a fantastic Blueberry Buckle. So good !!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Nancy, 

Oh where to begin   

Some of my more recent reads have been

Philip Gwynne Jones, mystery books set in Venice 

Julie Quinn Bridgeton series

Phillipa Ashley

L J Ross

Tom Bradbury , MI6 series 

Elizabeth Edmondson mystery series set just after the war 

I've spent some time researching today and downloaded three or four books so that should keep me going 

Now to do some searching for a couple of audio books .....

Look up Anne Gracie. She’s an Australian writer of Regency Period books.