Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

59 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

104 today, 105 tomorrow according to the forecast I just read.

One summer here we had approx. 30  continuous days of 100+ weather, no rain.  Water restrictions turned many lawns brown including ours.  We were allowed to water the perimeter of houses to prevent foundation damage. Bet you remember that one.

Stay cool and hydrated.

Will definitely turn on the sprinklers tonight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Casa de Rory

IMG_2645.jpg.e9a5ae7aad0a93fc362df174c7a5f1e9.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg.a29ad39b73e6e5b7ee284ae8fa1eac8b.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg.4cc42a16e3f5b80b5f90d3011af1434e.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg.b27cbe14941b7119718e5e9bfa687d9d.jpg

IMG_2649.thumb.jpg.a7406765103eb9104e46c937d43619a5.jpg

Kinda looks familiar😉

20220610_160850.thumb.jpg.737ddfdb296a01dfd36a3f3c4b6b868d.jpg

Hello Penny

received_1039532286956806.thumb.jpeg.44add41051a8c9403d7675d361fc645b.jpeg

received_1124800514917033.thumb.jpeg.38ad36f6bb30446a031f8b8a6fd4f45c.jpeg

Fire pit thingy

received_3215083992144462.thumb.jpeg.271bd5680b3ba0fc53073e1210f01f91.jpeg

I guess he’s living such a good life CC is completely off his radar. 
which is a shame for us!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I loved Copenhagen.  If they still have it get the Copenhagen card, it was available at the airport.  It gets you into Tivoli - not the rides but it is fun to walk around.  There was a production we saw sitting on the grass that was really nice at Tivoli.  It lets you into a lot of the castles, museums and other attractions.  It also was good for a canal tour.  Plus it paid for several types of transportation.  Our hotel had an included breakfast.  We ate at a lot of the little bakeries since that was cheaper then an actual restaurant.  

Thanks for the info on the Copenhagen Card.  Sounds quite useful.  I have a lot of research to do in the next 15 months.  Our cc roll call is extremely active and already organizing group tours.  It's  a bit overwhelming!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@bobmacliberty thanks for posting the video.   Like your wife, and Andrew’s @A&L_Ont wife, mine would not find it interesting.  

Why is it that those of us that worked in these related fields ended up with wives that have little interest in it?

Works both ways.  She has many interests that put me to sleep.  Fortunately, we have a few things that we both like. 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Manhattan

My youngest daughter and her husband live in Manhattan.They love living there.They can walk to stage and movie theaters,museums ,restaurants ,bars and the Manhattan cruise port.A person can live in Manhattan without a car ,however,they have two.The building next to theirs has an underground garage which is great for them.

They can walk to public transportation ,when needed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love the photos. I posted before that I used to pick blueberries and blackberries on Staten Island during summer camp,  Ate them right off the bush!

Thanks, Lenny.  The nasty lying nurse's aid has been terminated.  Apparently, she had many negative issues.

Having grown up in Manhattan, I never had the issues tourists have.  We depended on the subway and buses to get us where we had to go.  Out of all of my friends and neighbors, only one had a car.  

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love the photos. I posted before that I used to pick blueberries and blackberries on Staten Island during summer camp,  Ate them right off the bush!

Thanks, Lenny.  The nasty lying nurse's aid has been terminated.  Apparently, she had many negative issues.

Having grown up in Manhattan, I never had the issues tourists have.  We depended on the subway and buses to get us where we had to go.  Out of all of my friends and neighbors, only one had a car.  

I ,as you know grew up in Brooklyn.Only two of my friends had cars.I did not drive until I was nearly 30.Where I live now people can get along without having a car as well.Around the corner from the development I live in is a shopping complex with over 20 stores and restaurants including 2 department stores.Across the street is a 36 store and restaurant area.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, George C said:

If you know where you are going the city is fantastic, agree it’s a pain to try to grab a taxi from the port area which is not the best area . You were only a few blocks from some great restaurants, less than a mile from great museums. I can’t wait for my next visit .

Are you implying that the Manhattan cruise port is not a good area ? If so,I totally disagree.My daughter who lives in Manhattan is a Marathon runner.She lives very close to the cruise port and runs every morning about 4:30 in the area without concern for her safety.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always look forward to visiting Manhattan. It is very easy to get around and, with the exception of the southern part of the island, the grid system makes it very easy to navigate.

Having lived in NYC 60 years and worked in just about every area of Manhattan for more than 50 years I have never had a problem navigating.

• Haha 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Having lived in NYC 60 years and worked in just about every area of Manhattan for more than 50 years I have never had a problem navigating.

And I am adept at navigating DC, Orlando, Atlanta, etc..

These places all suck for newbs

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Only way we used to go into the city was to watch Broadway shows and Concerts we would take the train from from Hamiliton, NJ to Trenton, NJ then right to Penn Station which comes into Manhattan right under Madison Square Garden.

A lot less stress going to NYC that way. 🙂

I never drove in Manhattan and only been in a taxi about 5 times.It was always public transportation and walking for me.

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Works both ways.  She has many interests that put me to sleep.  Fortunately, we have a few things that we both like. 

My wife never showed much interest in QR codes, RFID, Blowout Preventers, and Hydraulic Fracturing. Go figure.

Butbthen again, she didn't have much interest in her job either.🤣🤣

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, NHProud said:

We used to visit NYC annually in Feb. . My husband for business and me for pleasure . We used to stay at the Sheraton at 52nd and 7th .  Loved it and once told a Beverly Hills resident I wanted to live in NY . He looked at me like I was crazy .  

Beverly Hills people tend to not like NY.A woman who I went to HS with relocated to Southern California when she was in her 20’s .She met and married a guy native to California and they resided in Beverly Hills.Her husband had never been to NYC and about twenty years ago she talked him into taking a vacation there.One night they drove from their hotel to a theater.When they came out and were walking to their car a few guys approached them looking for directions.Her husband believing they were doing to be assaulted ran off and left her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

Dan and I used to enjoy spending a night in NYC in the times square area. We would do something very culturally enriching.  We would visit all the O bars aka Irish pubs O'Malley O'BRIEN etc 😇

Did you ever go to Tommy Makem’s ? 

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

I don't know if anyone is watching the NBA finals? We are not big sports fans, but the 4th quarter was exciting and Stephen Curry is an amazing basketball player. 

I was a player and a fan most of my life but have not watched much basketball for the past few years.I agree that Curry is amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I just saw this ad on TV. Absolutely hilarious.

I am seeing more and more commercials for NCL & Celebrity.

DH and I looked into Virvin last summer.  NO KIDS!!  Right up our alley.
Sadly we never got to go.
My g/f and her dh just came back last week from a 5 day expensive cruise on Virgin. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

All of this talk about NYC/Times Square reminds me of something I saw the other day that amazed me.  The famous Palace Theater in Times Square was recently raised 30 feet in the air.  THE ENTIRE THEATER. A Doubletree Hotel was previously built around and over the theater.  A new development group is going to change the hotel and put more commercial space in the first 3 floors, below the raised theater.  The outside of the theater will have a massive (even by Times Square standards) video screen.  Two large doors built into the middle of the screen can open to reveal a stage where performers can play to people out in the street.  While the outside of the theater will look very modern, the inside is being completely remodeled to its former glory, but with state of the art technology behind the scenes.  Should be impressive once complete.

This is probably old news to those of you who live near there, but I had no idea it was happening.  It's amazing what you can do with enough money.  Video here for those who are into that kind of stuff.

In the early 60’s one could get a free cup of coffee in the theater.Of course at that time the cost of a cup was five cents but on a freezing cold night it was great.

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

We spent a lot of time in NYC when we lived in NJ.  We were a little over an hour west and DH worked in the city on and off for many years.  I would hop on the train and meet him there on a Friday night.  Lots of great places to visit and fairly easy to get around once you knew how.  Of course was always happy to get back home to our 2+ acres in the woods but enjoyed our visits.

I worked in Manhattan 43 years and spent a lot of time after work going to concerts ,sporting events and the theater.When my wife also worked in ManHattan we would often meet and go together.

• Like 4