Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

DD is at Sydney Airport.  Just about to takeoff on Ana Nippon flight to London with a brief stop in Tokyo.  She was relieved she was not charged for excess baggage  as her suitcase which was bulging and 2 kilos over the limit. Checkin & boarding was a breeze.  Staff lovely. Only food options open at the airport from 3pm was McDonalds.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is at Sydney Airport.  Just about to takeoff on Ana Nippon flight to London with a brief stop in Tokyo.  She was relieved she was not charged for excess baggage  as her suitcase which was bulging and 2 kilos over the limit. Checkin & boarding was a breeze.  Staff lovely. Only food options open at the airport from 3pm was McDonalds.

How many hours does it take to get from Sydney to London?

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

So it was 5 states - NY, California,   Nevada, Florida & Hawaii.

Thanks for confirming the answer.  Don't know why I missed Nevada/Vegas.  Seems obvious now that I know.  Hawaii surprises me a bit.  It does get a lot of visitors but it's just so small.  One of the reasons that I like Hawaii is that it never seems too crowded, other than around Honolulu.

• Like 2

Just getting caught up from yesterday.

All this talk of bunnies reminded me of this video I took a few years ago of a family of bunnies I found by a tree in our yard.  (No comments on how high the grass was.  I was giving them their space until they were ready to move on.)  The grandkids loved it. (I should have muted the narration, but it was geared for the kids)🤣🤣

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 15

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sydney is high on my list of places I've never been to.  Scotland first (home of golf and my ancestors), then Australia.

Been to both a few times, and they are quite different!🤣

• Like 2

Every Christmas/ New Year for the last several years, we have rented a house in Florida and had the kids and grandkids come.  

I have been trying to convince them to move that yearly trip to Hawaii instead.  That’s because I want to follow it up with a flight to Australia for a cruise.  

My son is onboard with that idea, because, as a west coast family, they go to Hawaii a couple times a year and prefer it over Florida.  

I just have to convince my daughter, but she doesn’t like the idea of the long flight. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news, bad news.

First the good: Had a follow up visit at the surgeon and my splint and stiches were removed.  Got a boot to wear to protect my ankle.

Bad news.  I have to continue to keep my left foot off weight bearing for 9 weeks.  Yes, 9 weeks of hopping on one leg hoping I don't slam my left leg down by accident. Makes everyday tasks very difficult.

I'm still in rehab and trying to learn how to live my new normal temporary life.  Pain is minimal for which I am grateful.

At least I'm being well fed here.  Lunch was lamb chops, broccoli, baked potato, dinner was pecan encrusted salmon with pasta.  Ice cream all day. Some meals are meh but for the most part I can't complain.

I still would rather be home.

Wish you the best Bonnie.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The rabbits are welcome to anything in my yard. The deer took out my cherry tree.

We planted 2 peach trees last year, have to put a fence around them other the deer would eat every leaf off the trees. It's amazing how much they grew in a year.

We have one large Apple tree too, is not fenced in so the deer eat the apples right off the tree that they can reach, just the lower branches. That's okay, keeps them off the the flowers around the house.

20220527_183146.thumb.jpg.9fc9c2538d2150f21b9d4dae95c90bb7.jpg

20220527_182411.thumb.jpg.0850be8215b49735ce58b2855abf449c.jpg

Resized_20220420_142335.thumb.jpeg.47fcf1b6aa8316d799fe71c0c2e97c3e.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 12

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Neither of us like cooking 😋🤫😇

I can relate to this!! Not my favorite task either.

Actually, I didn't mind it as much when I was a stay-at-home mom for 6 years and had more time to meal plan. Now that I often work 12+ hour days (I'm an accountant), it's the last thing I want to do when I get home. Thankfully, my husband is awesome and grills out a lot. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Every Christmas/ New Year for the last several years, we have rented a house in Florida and had the kids and grandkids come.  

I have been trying to convince them to move that yearly trip to Hawaii instead.  That’s because I want to follow it up with a flight to Australia for a cruise.  

My son is onboard with that idea, because, as a west coast family, they go to Hawaii a couple times a year and prefer it over Florida.  

I just have to convince my daughter, but she doesn’t like the idea of the long flight. 

Tell her you are going to miss her?😆

jc

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sydney is high on my list of places I've never been to.  Scotland first (home of golf and my ancestors), then Australia.

I lived there for a year when I was an exchange student and went back for a few visits in the following years. I would love go back as it was a lifetime ago.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I always enjoy reading Lenny's posts too Arzeena.

He seems to have had an amazing life meeting lots of interesting people and I am very happy for him.

I too hope his new mobility device is helping him greatly.

Graham.

Thank you so very much,Graham.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All this talk of bunnies reminded me of this video I took a few years ago of a family of bunnies I found by a tree in our yard.  (No comments on how high the grass was.  I was giving them their space until they were ready to move on.)  The grandkids loved it. (I should have muted the narration, but it was geared for the kids)🤣🤣

WOW!  Now I feel bad about mowing my lawns!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Graham you have a heart of gold. And it shows all over!

I used to post on a Nostalgia board and became very friendly with a guy who lives in California.He refers to me as his best friend who he never met.

I deeply regret that I never met Graham and will likely never will.He is one of the truly nice people in this world.I have met Arzeena and her husband and I consider them to be the same type of people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Good news, bad news.

First the good: Had a follow up visit at the surgeon and my splint and stiches were removed.  Got a boot to wear to protect my ankle.

Bad news.  I have to continue to keep my left foot off weight bearing for 9 weeks.  Yes, 9 weeks of hopping on one leg hoping I don't slam my left leg down by accident. Makes everyday tasks very difficult.

I'm still in rehab and trying to learn how to live my new normal temporary life.  Pain is minimal for which I am grateful.

At least I'm being well fed here.  Lunch was lamb chops, broccoli, baked potato, dinner was pecan encrusted salmon with pasta.  Ice cream all day. Some meals are meh but for the most part I can't complain.

I still would rather be home.

Happy to hear you are well fed.    I love lamb chops and salmon, all sounds delicious.  And of course, ice cream all day just like on a cruise ship is always a nice treat🍦

Sorry to hear it is another 9 weeks of non-weight bearing and wearing a boot but it does sound like you are in good hands with food and your therapists.      Much better to be where you are then at home as you would probably try to do too much yourself at home, plus have trouble getting to PT appointments.     Hang in there and recovery fully.    😍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ahh, so cute.    Great video and narration😍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I always enjoy reading Lenny's posts too Arzeena.

He seems to have had an amazing life meeting lots of interesting people and I am very happy for him.

I too hope his new mobility device is helping him greatly.

Graham.

+1   Love Lenny and the stories of his life.  🥰  Very happy that he now able to get out and about and see people and places again

• Like 4