Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Nice one!!! Any whistles?

Nope I got lucky but it was pretty easy to get close.

16 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The big question - sargassum looks good? Although I see the barrow at the ready.

Actually it was very good. It’s not as clear here than it is in the USVI but they put seaweed nets around to close off Krazy Lobster beach. They also had a guy in the water scooping up sargassum so I was impressed with how hard they worked to keep the area clean.

FE40FAC8-14A0-46B2-BF22-9E2C509FD9D5.thumb.jpeg.9360b917ec3e7df087a40cea6ce7a30d.jpeg

• Like 6

I think White Castle is one of those things you have to grow up with to appreciate. However, I didn’t so I don’t. As a teenager, some of my Bronx-born friends would always tell how much they missed White Castle when their families moved up to Rockland Co. and once they got their drivers licenses, would take the 1-hour one-way trip back to the Bronx just to get White Castle.  Eventually, one did open in my home county and I was very much looking forward to trying it. The lines were crazy long and I eagerly waited to get a “sack of sliders”. I love hamburgers & could eat one every day. But what I got instead was a bunch of slimy onions on a greasy roll with nary a hint of hamburger meat.

I’ll take Sorrento’s pizza over White Castle any day of the week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Nope I got lucky but it was pretty easy to get close.

Actually it was very good. It’s not as clear here than it is in the USVI but they put seaweed nets around to close off Krazy Lobster beach. They also had a guy in the water scooping up sargassum so I was impressed with how hard they worked to keep the area clean.

FE40FAC8-14A0-46B2-BF22-9E2C509FD9D5.thumb.jpeg.9360b917ec3e7df087a40cea6ce7a30d.jpeg

Hmm really not bad if he has to go out looking for it! 

I have been to the Malecon in Mahahual  (and Maya Chan) when it has been deep. The nets at Krazy Lobster and baffles really seem to be helping when it isn’t too bad.

We will be back soon hopefully it stays that way!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear Toby is feeling better today.   I plan on getting my 2nd covid booster in October.    Then get my flu shot middle of November.    I don't want to get together even though they say it is okay.  I prefer to wait 2 +/- weeks in between them.  

I know people who take both on the same day but I always wait at least several weeks.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

This is an old pic of WC in my neighborhood.  Oh, and one when John Travolta was in there while filming that little movie of his back in the mid 70's in Bay Ridge.

No photo description available.F

For Lenny: 92nd between 4th & 5th Ave.May be an image of 2 people and outdoors

In the late 90’s I used to go to that area on business every Friday.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

White Castle was the only burger restaurant when I was a kid.Years later a Wetsons opened.

I love Wetsons.  3 blocks up from me on 86st St, between Battery Av & 7th Ave.
My bff lived in the house right smack next door to it on 7th Av.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think White Castle is one of those things you have to grow up with to appreciate. However, I didn’t so I don’t. As a teenager, some of my Bronx-born friends would always tell how much they missed White Castle when their families moved up to Rockland Co. and once they got their drivers licenses, would take the 1-hour one-way trip back to the Bronx just to get White Castle.  Eventually, one did open in my home county and I was very much looking forward to trying it. The lines were crazy long and I eagerly waited to get a “sack of sliders”. I love hamburgers & could eat one every day. But what I got instead was a bunch of slimy onions on a greasy roll with nary a hint of hamburger meat.

There was a White Castle 3 blocks away from where I grew up.I think it is still there.Burgers -4 cents and an Orange Crush -10 cents

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Nor have I.  I just never could bring myself to try it....

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

There is no comparison,one is pizza and the other is burgers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

For me it was because it was the only place of its kind for many years.I think there was one near the Fortway Theater .

I don't think so.  I lived on 10th and 72nd and shopped at the supermarket by the Fortway.