Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

34°F and partly cloudy here.

Sorry to hear David Crosby of 

Crosby Stills and Nash has died.

Take care and have a lovely day.

I had not heard yet about Crosby. I really like the music of CSN&Y.  Helplessly Hoping, Southern Cross.... 

He was probably fortunate to live as long as he did. As I understand it, he gave that body a bit of a workout... and not in a good way. 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I had not heard yet about Crosby. I really like the music of CSN&Y.  Helplessly Hoping, Southern Cross.... 

He was probably fortunate to live as long as he did. As I understand it, he gave that body a bit of a workout... and not in a good way. 

It seems like we have lost a few notable musicians already this year.

In addition to Crosby, we also lost Jeff Beck and Robbie Bachman earlier this month.

• Like 6

I must be in the minority.  I like the auto stop/start feature.  It saves a little bit of gas but I don't use enough gas for that to matter.  I like it because the car is still and quiet when activated like OB said.  It's always worked perfectly and the idea that it puts more wear on the engine isn't really true (Google it).  Admittedly, more parts does mean more than can fail, but I've never heard of that being an issue for anyone.  I like combining it with the brake hold feature so that I don't need to hold my foot on the brake at a long traffic light.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like Odessey will be the only ship at Labadee on Jan 30. I'm quite happy about that. 

Weather can change that we skipped CoCo Cay in 2020 and ended up at Labadee due to weather.

That said, happy for you.

jc

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I must be in the minority.  I like the auto stop/start feature.  It saves a little bit of gas but I don't use enough gas for that to matter.  I like it because the car is still and quiet when activated like OB said.  It's always worked perfectly and the idea that it puts more wear on the engine isn't really true (Google it).  Admittedly, more parts does mean more than can fail, but I've never heard of that being an issue for anyone.  I like combining it with the brake hold feature so that I don't need to hold my foot on the brake at a long traffic light.  

Sharon drives most of the time.  She likes the auto stop/start feature.  When I drive I usually don't engage it by pushing harder on the brake.  Not that I don't like it. 

We both forgot about brake hold feature.  Sharon used to use it often.  Now that you mentioned it, maybe we will remember to use it again.  So many options to keep up with. 

13 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I need my car to stay running from the time i turn the key in my driveway until I get to me destination and turn the key in the off position.

LOL...that's the general idea! Haven't kept up with all this. Why does yours (or others' vehicles) not keep running? 

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So many options to keep up with. 

For sure. When I started test driving new cars (after not having kept up with car technology at all over a period of almost 30 years) it was a bit of a learning curve. Still working on learning, since I've never (yet anyway) owned a car manufactured in the 21st century. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It seems like we have lost a few notable musicians already this year.

In addition to Crosby, we also lost Jeff Beck and Robbie Bachman earlier this month.

I had not heard about any of them passing away. 

In 1974 the Cleveland stadium had the World Series of Rock. I got to see CSNY along with Santana and a couple other bands.  Over 80,000 attended.  Another time I went to a Jefferson Starship concert and Jeff Beck was the backup band.  At the time I was not familiar with Beck.  He was great. Although JS played great I enjoyed Beck even more that night. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL...that's the general idea! Haven't kept up with all this. Why does yours (or others' vehicles) not keep running? 

It's a feature that's been on cars for more than a decade...longer in Europe than in the US I believe.  When you come to a stop under certain conditions, the engine turns off temporarily.  As soon as you touch the gas pedal, the engine immediately comes back on.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon drives most of the time.  She likes the auto stop/start feature.  When I drive I usually don't engage it by pushing harder on the brake.  Not that I don't like it. 

We both forgot about brake hold feature.  Sharon used to use it often.  Now that you mentioned it, maybe we will remember to use it again.  So many options to keep up with. 

What is brake hold feature? 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Looks like Odessey will be the only ship at Labadee on Jan 30. I'm quite happy about that. 

That’s good news.  We’re on this cruise also.  I got a beach bungalow for Labadee to celebrate my birthday.  If you are near stop by and say hello.  (It’s my 69th birthday, so look for a couple of old fogies).  They were lots cheaper than the cabanas and I need the shade.  We’ve never had one before but the YouTube looks neat.

Anne & Dave

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is brake hold feature? 

When you take your foot off the brake the car doesn’t automatically start rolling - a feature invented a long time ago for cars with a manual transmissions to stop you from rolling backwards when on a hill. 

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When you take your foot off the brake the car doesn’t automatically start rolling - a feature invented a long time ago for cars with a manual transmissions to stop you from rolling backwards when on a hill. 

And this is engaged how? 

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had not heard about any of them passing away. 

In 1974 the Cleveland stadium had the World Series of Rock. I got to see CSNY along with Santana and a couple other bands.  Over 80,000 attended.  Another time I went to a Jefferson Starship concert and Jeff Beck was the backup band.  At the time I was not familiar with Beck.  He was great. Although JS played great I enjoyed Beck even more that night. 

I have been a huge fan of CSN since 1969.When they released OHIO I played it in my car as loud as possible with the windows wide open.

In the late 80’s a CSN cover band from NYC appeared at a local club.After singing Almost Cut My Hair ,much to their surprise Graham Nash was at the club.He told them that their rendition of the song was the best he ever heard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

34°F and partly cloudy here.

Sorry to hear David Crosby of 

Crosby Stills and Nash has died.

Take care and have a lovely day.

I have every LP ever released by CSN,Crosby Stills ,Nash and Young and every one by the four plus Taylor and Reeves.I also have two LP’s by a CSN cover band .

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

have been a huge fan of CSN since 1969.When they released OHIO I played it in my car as loud as possible with the windows wide open.

OHIO was their encore song. Big song when playing in Cleveland.  

My brother was part of the National Guard during the Kent State riots. His Akron unit was sent to Kent State.  He was one of the few they had stay back to guard the Akron Armory. 

• Like 2