Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@CrzLvr2We were on Summit right before refurb and it really needed it.  There was a hole in one of the carpets that your foot could fit in!  We still loved it.

@DaniDanielle

Agh! Hole in the carpet! 😱

Marietta, you'll definitely need to sail on her again! Especially since you live in NY and she sails out of Bayonne!

I have lots of photos of our trip to Bermuda on her. I'll attach a few.  I also have a few video clips of the wake, but since my phone, iPad, laptop, and computer are all Apple devices, I don't think the videos will show on non-Apple devices? I'll try one though and maybe someone can convert it?  

IMG_1324.thumb.JPG.2560a7d4348d029ea9dd224a116e193e.JPG

It's a little wider than this. The right side got cut off a bit.

IMG_0812.thumb.JPG.897ce1d948523b5e6987a8720a87e0ab.JPG

No more holes in the carpet. 😄 Looks like you could play a game of checkers??

IMG_1325.thumb.JPG.9f22992003b15c8484682b06db484b0e.JPG

A view from the mirror above the desk.

There are no more loveseats. They replaced the loveseat with an oversized-chair that can be converted to a twin bed. 

• Like 9

☘️🌈

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again.   (virtually or otherwise)
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

and another...

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. I wished this to my 4 year old granddaughter today and she said ... "It's not

St. Patrick's Day YET."

• Like 9

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Lenny, I’m be 87 July 4. Unbelievable!

I’m surprised when I see myself in a photo, because I realize everybody must see me as an old lady! I’m not. I’m still me on the inside.

I have better memory skills than my much younger friends, can do things with my iPhone they can’t, and can run categories on Jeopardy. 
Then I struggle to stand up, and reach for my cane, and realize Damn! I really am old!!!

Mimi,we are only as old as we feel.😀

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

I have a 13sec. clip of the wake but it's 75.2MB! Agh! I doubt it will load.

Here goes. . .

Thx!!  Video worked for me.  Love the aft views.  Been awhile seen we’ve had an aft facing balcony but we have one coming up for Alaska in June!  Can’t wait 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2023 at 11:15 AM, Jimbo said:

@NHProud

Figure best to answer you here about the brick paver floor. 

Oh yeah, can't remember what your thoughts were on the brick pavers, please refresh my memory.

At first it was a bit gritty, but we knew that going in when we picked the flat pavers we selected.

After getting on my hands and knees few times vacuuming using a hose with a brush on the end got up pretty much all the grit. My Wife and I were worried at first tracking it on our hardwood floors.

Not that the hardwood floor much matter now because we decided to have them sanded down and going to put a different stain on all the hardwood now. That project will start end of June.

Back to the brick pavers, so now that all the grit is off the bricks, I purposely waited for that to happen before I put down 2 coats of SB-5000 Stain Blocking Sealer.

Now walking on the pavers with bare feet or with socks on is great. We love the way it turned out. Our friends have seen love the look of it also.

We have some left over bricks, now my Wife is talking about having the Master Bathroom floor done......So not sure where these Brick pavers are taking us. 🙂

Saw a TV show just last night we were watching, one of those  house maker over shows called "Rock the Block"

You guessed it the guy was putting down brick pavers on a kitchen floor and mud room. His team actually won the best kitchen of the 4 houses being done. Go figure, we may have started something.

These boards move so fast it seems like ages ago that you replied to my post . Thank you for your long explanation. I had commented that your brick pavers might be hard on your feet and legs . I was wrong and very happy for you that you like your floor . 

PS : Do not use hydrogen peroxide to clean the grout between travertine tile . It did a great job on the grout but bleached the tile. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Thx!!  Video worked for me.  Love the aft views.  Been awhile seen we’ve had an aft facing balcony but we have one coming up for Alaska in June!  Can’t wait 

Glad the video worked!

I love the aft balconies! It will be great to have one for Alaska - especially when going through the glaciers! Best wishes for a great cruise!

Sue

• Thanks 1

I usually only fill out one bracket, purely for entertainment purposes 🙂  I have Gonzaga winning this year.

Three of my long-time buddies and I have gotten together every year since about 1992 for the first weekend of March Madness.  Started out in Las Vegas, then when we got too old to hang there for four days we've usually met in Kansas City (where I went to law school and two of the gang live).  This year it's at my old roommate's beach house in South Carolina.

For us, it's not about the bracket anymore as much as we pretty much bet every game...and often have 2 or 3 bets on each game (over/under, first half, full game, etc 🤣).  It's four days of non-stop basketball, golf, and just a little bit of drinking.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I usually only fill out one bracket, purely for entertainment purposes 🙂  I have Gonzaga winning this year.

Three of my long-time buddies and I have gotten together every year since about 1992 for the first weekend of March Madness.  Started out in Las Vegas, then when we got too old to hang there for four days we've usually met in Kansas City (where I went to law school and two of the gang live).  This year it's at my old roommate's beach house in South Carolina.

For us, it's not about the bracket anymore as much as we pretty much bet every game...and often have 2 or 3 bets on each game (over/under, first half, full game, etc 🤣).  It's four days of non-stop basketball, golf, and just a little bit of drinking.

I usually have Gonzaga to win the tournament but this year I chose Indiana .I am in a pool from the company that one of my son in laws works for.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

this is what i need to be doing!  princeton/furman parlay woulda been nice way to start out.

i’ll be rooting for Pitt.  Hope we can make it to second round 🤔  

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

this is what i need to be doing!  princeton/furman parlay woulda been nice way to start out.

🙂  Taking the points with Furman and Princeton were my biggest plays of the day. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

They are playing Iowa State.Even though I do not have Pitt in my pool I can see them winning.