Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Isn't the humor page still active🤔

I avoid it, gets me in trouble🤣🤣

Isn’t a team from your former town playing basketball, tonight ?   We will be cheering for them however I don’t have much hope for a win . 

@George C For some unexplained reason I’m watching the city streets of NYC on TV this afternoon and noticed on a map that Le Bernadin is across the street from your fave NYC hotel . Have you eaten there ? 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Isn’t a team from your former town playing basketball, tonight ?   We will be cheering for them however I don’t have much hope for a win . 

@George C For some unexplained reason I’m watching the city streets of NYC on TV this afternoon and noticed on a map that Le Bernadin is across the street from your fave NYC hotel . Have you eaten there ? 

Someone from this board suggested we try it , we had a bottle of wine and a couple of appetizers and I think the bill was somewhere between 300 and 400. Food and wine was excellent. Great place to splurge, I talked to my brother in law who ran some mutual funds , he told me he was interviewed on some tv show and afterwards they took him there . I doubt we will visit on next trip , prefer Becco where we can get a really nice Italian dinner with maybe two bottles of wine for 200 or less. 

• Like 3

On 4/2/2023 at 4:12 PM, Coralc said:

I'm a foreigner, too, but I think he just means brown gravy or white gravy. 😄

I can’t imagine chocolate gravy. 
And I’ve lived in the South all my life and never heard of it. 
it might be a Midwestern thing. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, CruiszBug said:

Chocolate gravy apparently is an obsession in the south! Lol! It is made with milk, butter, coco powder, sugar, and flour. (Thank you All Recipes!)

image.jpeg.aa55efe037bd2853270b2fbb7a80896a.jpeg

I’ve never seen it, read of it, or heard it mentioned. 
But I’m going to start asking!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have thought about trying to bake some but haven't tried it yet.  I love English muffins!

As for grits, I may need to try them again.   I am wondering if the first time I tried them they were instant grits.  Trying anything with shrimp on them is worth a try.

Creamy hot grits with butter, salt and pepper…priceless!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further this description it is pure deliciousness. Not good for the body, but tasty. 

OMG!!!  I am salivating.  I will definitely give this a try next time!!  Thank you for sharing, Andrew!!!!  Yum!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, George C said:

Someone from this board suggested we try it , we had a bottle of wine and a couple of appetizers and I think the bill was somewhere between 300 and 400. Food and wine was excellent. Great place to splurge, I talked to my brother in law who ran some mutual funds , he told me he was interviewed on some tv show and afterwards they took him there . I doubt we will visit on next trip , prefer Becco where we can get a really nice Italian dinner with maybe two bottles of wine for 200 or less. 

I hope , you’ll let us know about your visit to NYC . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I prefer chicken fried chicken in either case it is pounded with mallet to make it thin then coated with bread crumbs and deep fried and served with a white gravy, not the healthiest meals but I like it once in a while . 

I love chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and fried okra.  White gravy with a good amount of pepper.  

• Like 7

On 4/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, CruiszBug said:

Chocolate gravy apparently is an obsession in the south! Lol! It is made with milk, butter, coco powder, sugar, and flour. (Thank you All Recipes!)

image.jpeg.aa55efe037bd2853270b2fbb7a80896a.jpeg

This is the only chocolate gravy I’m familiar with.  Great on ice cream.

3A0F073C-E56B-4903-BE4C-E53D9E95A0D8.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further this description it is pure deliciousness. Not good for the body, but tasty. 

I love a good chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with white gravy all over it.

• Like 5

College decisions have been announced to our family.  Ava will be attending URI, and Meghan will be heading to the University of Maryland.  We are so very proud of both of them, and are excited by their choices!

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

College decisions have been announced to our family.  Ava will be attending URI, and Meghan will be heading to the University of Maryland.  We are so very proud of both of them, and are excited by their choices!

Wonderful news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today all packed up with friends we headed out for our stroller walk. 

6B8E2875-0571-46F2-A218-C8C8D4E9919D.thumb.jpeg.82f6df88d3e3f9549675d3336319a283.jpeg

Then we head out down the street safely on the sidewalk. And what do we find. 
A shopping cart 

0A81AF2B-052E-4D76-A243-664BC21B903B.thumb.jpeg.6a735521c5d475dccf4906123150b4e7.jpeg

A pair of men’s shoes ( no picture)

A bagged doggie dodo ( time was taken to bag it and left on sidewalk ( no picture)

As we moved along, the university bus rolled by. 

9A2E4782-BFD2-46B2-A36E-A1F57AFC55F6.thumb.jpeg.dcbbfe373fcc4368bd2af6940d5d6620.jpeg

Then we walked thru Kroger and ended up at the park. 

I showed her the play area- as she grows older I am sure there will be one in her neighborhood. ADA31231-DB98-49AE-B328-1CD84B65EB73.thumb.jpeg.a83d2b6c9f7abf4115b619b4318828e8.jpeg

Then it was time to mozy home. 

Happy camper. 

I kinda like this new role of grandmother,  it is truly a blessing. And to be able to share in her life! A bonus. 

❤️

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1