Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I hope they had great birthdays. 

22 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Me too

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, Happy Birthday to your twin daughters.

What a great birthday present Owen got!  I got my driver's license when I was an adult after I moved to the suburbs.  Not as exciting as when one gets it at a young age.

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Happy Birthday to your twin daughters 🎂

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to your twin daughters ,Maryann.

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Plus 1 or 2 or n.
Missed so many posts yesterday, sorry. Reading backwards now.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to your girls.  I hope they are enjoying their birthday weekend with this gorgeous weather🌷💐

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 1  @Ozark_Kid John

@Luckynana Maryann, + 3 or 4 or 5 😘 

+ 1  Definitely, Nancy & Graham @grapau27

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday to your dear twin daughters Maryann.

birthday-happy.gif

Thank you everyone for your well wishes!  Love you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been watching the coronation for 3 hours.

Charles and Camilla have just arrived at Westminster abbey.

Pauline, Sarah and I had a nice breakfast.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Beautiful setting and delicious breakfast, Graham!

What an exciting day with the Coronation of King Charles today.  Long live your King!!

While I didn't get up early to watch the famous festivities, I did watch later on this afternoon.  

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Gorgeous weather day here in PA.  I took these two to a local park & playground and miracle of miracles, they actually got along and played together.  They’re normally like oil & water.  My oldest grandson went to ‘the shore’ overnight with his BFF and family.   The boys are looking forward to watching the Kentucky Derby later and we’ve each made our pick for the winner (based solely on the names we like lol)IMG_8829.thumb.jpeg.259f7b45d2e3b12ea5cf68a298361d71.jpeg

Today was glorious, after all of the horrific cold damp and rainy weather most of us have been experiencing for the past couple of weeks.  Great fun for your grandsons!

Very smart move on Andy and your decision to put your kitchen Island on marketplace and have it removed by the new owners!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2023 at 4:50 AM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Famous Leonard’s Malasadas

0C241DD7-ACF1-4FD2-9AB7-11D44B8D7B95.thumb.jpeg.a22d8181a1f948b27e86407ab3b76b99.jpeg

Cinnamon Sugar(left) & Coconut-filled Malasadas(right). I also tried Mango-filled & Guava-filled flavors.

86B1C6AC-69D1-41BC-80C4-988964082E70.thumb.jpeg.e236005533ce9053b6b8a4b5c40f1031.jpeg

What did you think of them? We went there specifically because of the hype on our roll call. We weren’t very impressed. Not bad, but I guess I was expecting more after all the talk.

On 4/30/2023 at 8:19 PM, QueSeraSera said:

Sounds like poor sportsmanship to me, wish professional sports included some accounting for not running up the score.  Would be a good model for our kids and grandkids.

If a team or individual is that good why wouldn’t they do their best? Maybe give the others an incentive to practice more. It reminds me of giving every kid a trophy even if they didn’t deserve it. When I was in sports way back when if we lost and especially by a large margin it would make us want to try even harder.

On 5/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, Ocean Boy said:

…Geeze, I love talking about planes.🙂🙂🙂

Maybe next year?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Traditionally a husband doesn't  take his wife's rank but a women takes her husbands.

So for instance if a women had the title of Lady , her husband would not become a Lord at marriage 

The late Queen gave Phillip the title of Duke of Edinburgh 

Congratulations on your King Charles' Coronation today, Sue!  (actually yesterday)  How was your Family Coronation lunch?

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I thought everything went off well.  Impressed with the children…and no one flubbed their lines.  And I don’t know if it was a coincidence or a brilliantly planned manoeuvre…but to have Harry hidden behind Anne’s headdress was perfect!

I was also impressed with the children...especially with the very long day they had while being involved and on display!

• Thanks 1

I hate to bring anything negative in here, but I just read that there was a mass shooting at an outlet mall in Allen, TX, approx. 20 mins from me.  I shop there often and drove right by there, yesterday.  9 wounded and police have confirmed deaths but not the number of fatalities as of yet.

I am sickened at all the mass shootings in this country and when it hits home it gets personal.  Most of my friends and family shop there.

Prayers to all the families who have been impacted by this tragedy.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

17 years ago today. ❤️

11218094_10152761467692791_5040816624631656135_o.thumb.jpg.67cda848d97503041af4e3c3e4be47b3.jpg

Happy 17th Anniversary to you and your DH, Bethany!  Beautiful picture!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I guess I have been obsessed with the trees in Hawaii. 

T120230505_113931.thumb.jpg.620c7470bb275c216f662ae81b43a601.jpg

T220230505_113942.thumb.jpg.02f2fb67207c469f24450b6b43bb92fd.jpg

T320230505_114054.thumb.jpg.03e8d5d9875704162263dc75155321ad.jpg

The following I would of thought were good size trees if I didn't see the huge one in Maui.  The one in Maui took up a whole city block. 

T420230505_113508.thumb.jpg.9cb92e2050e6d2edd676245fd3f00ab1.jpg

T5 20230505_115930.jpg

I've been enjoying all of your beautiful pictures, John!  All of them!!  I also love seeing all of these trees.  I love the many Banyan trees that we have in Naples, Florida.  Just beautiful!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I didn’t watch any coverage of the coronation, just reading about it online. This may be a silly question, but why does it appear that Queen Camilla’s crown is larger than King Charles’?IMG_8830.thumb.jpeg.38d35f26564b0f441e9a3098bf389c54.jpeg

I mentioned the same thing to Jim.  

I didn’t watch any coverage of the coronation, just reading about it online. This may be a silly question, but why does it appear that Queen Camilla’s crown is larger than King Charles’?IMG_8830.thumb.jpeg.38d35f26564b0f441e9a3098bf389c54.jpeg

He has more jewels though. I'm a actually watching now. I only caught a few minutes this morning before I left the house.

Photo Shop..............They don't want the King to get a Big Head !

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, George C said:

After, I do like the added 50 bottle wine cooler. Cabinets have pull out drawers etc 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks Good! 

The  cabinet style and hardware pulls look a lot like our's,  good taste. 🙂

Be careful just how heavy you load those pantry pull out shelves with cans, when they are extended there is a lot of weigh on those front 2 side brackets and the cabinet's wood on the sides isn't very thick and the screws holding the brackets on aren't very long.

Ask me how I know  😞 , can get you some pictures if you like, before and after the cabinet was reinforced.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

On 5/1/2023 at 6:48 PM, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes It’s hay.  Under the hay there were bare spots in the lawn from the dogs.  I patched the spots with fresh top soil and planted new grass.  The hay acts as insulation and protection for the newly seeded area.  Once the grass grows up through the hay, I’ll mow over it to pick most of it up.  

Mushroom Compost is my preferred top dressing but not ideal for this particular application.

That makes sense. I thought it was hay on perfectly good grass.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:29 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

Some random pics taken yesterday of trees and a plant I thought looked cool.

1-20230430_155953.thumb.jpg.158189128afe6ae567e0fef0a8e61548.jpg

2-20230430_160330.thumb.jpg.4271d9995a8e250d9f26080f19ff66af.jpg

3-20230430_160430.thumb.jpg.48ec77f0cd96c0d727c5c357991867c0.jpg

You’re staying at the Hale Koa? I must have missed that. We really like that place. 😁

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate to bring anything negative in here, but I just read that there was a mass shooting at an outlet mall in Allen, TX, approx. 20 mins from me.  I shop there often and drove right by there, yesterday.  9 wounded and police have confirmed deaths but not the number of fatalities as of yet.

I am sickened at all the mass shootings in this country and when it hits home it gets personal.  Most of my friends and family shop there.

Prayers to all the families who have been impacted by this tragedy.

Any mass shootings are tragic but when it is your “local”, it’s frightening and shakes you up.  I sincerely hope no-one you know or love was  there and my heart goes out to all those impacted.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

17 years ago today. ❤️

11218094_10152761467692791_5040816624631656135_o.thumb.jpg.67cda848d97503041af4e3c3e4be47b3.jpg

Happy 17th Anniversary, Bethany and hubby!!

You're both beaming with the look of happiness and love!! 🥰 💞😍

And. . . I agree with Bonnie ~ You really haven't aged at all!!

• Like 4

On 5/3/2023 at 11:07 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Today is my birthday.  My birthday wish is for everyone in my world to have the best health, and the most wonderful moments in your lives.

We're going out for an early dinner with a bunch of our friends and although I don't usually drink adult beverages much, I am going to make an exception later today!

Happy belated birthday Bonnie.

On 5/4/2023 at 11:21 AM, Luckynana said:

@Arzeena  I didn't know that you can just go into the DL and help yourself to bottled water!  We are newbies with our new status, and since our friends who traveled with us are not yet Diamond, we didn't go into DL, other than to look around.   Thanks for the tip!!

Have you got a moving date set up yet?

You can’t unless you use your vouchers. 

On 5/4/2023 at 1:49 PM, Luckynana said:

It's become insane!  Our 3 daughters all danced in recitals when they were younger, and our 3 granddaughters used to dance in their recitals.  Those days are long gone now.  I must say that the most expensive outfits were for our oldest granddaughter, who was an Irish dancer.  Talk about expensive!!!!  Those dresses cost $1,000.00 for just one dress.  She was such an excellent "stepper", though.  She went on to become an instructor until heading to College.

Enjoy your granddaughters' Recital, Mark!  As you know, they're only young for such a short time!❤️

Good luck to your grandson tonight!!

That’s insane. Someone is making out like a bandit. Do you have a picture or a link to one of the dresses so I can see what they look like?

• Thanks 1

Do you use the diving board very much? Ours came with the house and we never did so we had it taken out when the pavers were done. Also, my memory must be very terrible. I don’t remember Lisa looking like that when we met. 😁  Happy birthday to Owen.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:13 PM, A&L_Ont said:

Pool opened today with little fanfare.  Gonna take a few days to look pretty.

IMG_2664.thumb.png.48004ad6c78cb1d3d11eb91de3c6afbc.png

Lisa was busy supervising.

IMG_8365.thumb.jpeg.dd6f61f9382fbc364620b8cc0cf01470.jpeg

Enjoy your cruise. Croatia is beautiful. Never been, but I know this from watching Below Deck. 🤣 One of these days we would like to see it. Post pictures if you can.

On 5/5/2023 at 2:11 AM, ollienbertsmum said:

Finally on our way cruise bound.  We will stay one night in Bologna, one night in Trieste and then board NCL Gem for five days on Croatian coast.  First cruise since September 2019.  Feels odd, like I am on a first ever cruise.  🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

When I see pork n beans I still will think hawaii. There you would also brown up some spam, maybe add a little water to make them more soupy and pour over rice.

I didnt say I dont eat them or anything, I said they hold different memories for me. I think country and eating outside, not fancy like you eat. It wasnt meant as a criticism. 

It's been discussed here before about how beans (or beans on toast) would be a normal breakfast food for Brits, while it's not normal in the USA.  We also discussed how things like biscuits and gravy or grits are considered normal foods in the USA (especially the south) but completely foreign to Brits.  

Being aware of (and considerate of) one another's culture is an admirable quality in a human being.  I for one enjoy learning about how people live in other parts of the world, and I'm grateful for the online friends that make it possible to learn about various cultural differences.

Edited by brillohead
typo
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Probably because she has such a fat head!  🤣

• Haha 6