Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Probably because she has such a fat head!  🤣

I’m wondering if they are one size fits all crowns 🤔 Do they pick the crown to fit the head size and not what fits the occasion .

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol sorry such nice dishes and all ... and then what looks like pork n beans all over the plates. Just not my idea of breakfast. Takes it down a notch from the fancy setting.

Pork and beans is common for breakfast in the UK so it doesn’t really matter how fancy the settings are.

Kitchen turned out great.

11 hours ago, George C said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Happy Anniversary.

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

17 years ago today. ❤️

11218094_10152761467692791_5040816624631656135_o.thumb.jpg.67cda848d97503041af4e3c3e4be47b3.jpg

Beautiful settings and decorations. Your breakfast looked wonderful and tasty.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:02 PM, grapau27 said:

We are ready for our king's coronation tomorrow.

IMG_20230505_145435.jpg

IMG_20230505_145518.jpg

IMG_20230505_145537.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That makes sense. I thought it was hay on perfectly good grass.

You’re staying at the Hale Koa? I must have missed that. We really like that place. 😁

We stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Hawaiin Village.   We just just passed through Hale Koa walking back to the hotel.  We are on Ovation right now.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Hawaiin Village.   We just just passed through Hale Koa walking back to the hotel.  We are on Ovation right now.

Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

I have enjoyed your photos.

It is cloudy and 54°F here.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Wow, I take some time to take care of a few things yesterday, and I am six pages behind.  Congratulations to those celebrating the new King and Queen, celebrating birthdays and anniversaries.  

I know there has to be some special meaning when you keep seeing things in threes.  I know I have heard of things happening in threes, or third time is a charm, but threes kept popping up yesterday.  

I looked out my front window when I got up, and three deer were standing in the yard.

Black squirrels are rather rare, but when I looked later, there were three.

We took a morning walk at the lake, and encountered three deer, and three groundhogs.

Checking our robin nest, and there were still three blue eggs.

Then we were out to see Guardian’s of the Galaxy 3.

Next, Susan and I went over to a neighbor’s house to do some yard work.  He is in his mid 90’s, and he had started cutting his grass.  He was standing by his tractor, with his back brace on, leaning on his cane with a forlorn look on his face. So we told him to sit down and relax, and we would take care of everything for him.  So what does this have to do with threes?  Number 1, he wants to be helpful, so he tries to start the leaf blower for Susan, and he promptly falls.  Nothing broken, so Susan gets him up and has him sit on his steps.   So Susan is raking and filling up one of the yard waste carts, when, Number 2….she tries to move the cart and it gets unbalance, and she gets smacked in the head with it and knocked down.   Now we have had two old people on the ground.  I am starting to worry if I will be that Number 3, old person on the ground.

Now, I look, and there is the neighbor again, wanting to put his tractor away.  So I stop my tractor and walk over to him to tell him I will put it away for him.   And he promptly falls again.  Now, we have had three old people falls, but I was wondering if the same person falls twice, does that count as three, or do you have to have three different old people falling?

Thankfully,  no injuries to anyone, and we managed to get his place done, as well as ours.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I loved that she had their two rescue dogs embroidered into her gown.

I didn't know that. Nothing was by accident, there were symbols and meaning in the smallest details 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I didn’t watch any coverage of the coronation, just reading about it online. This may be a silly question, but why does it appear that Queen Camilla’s crown is larger than King Charles’?IMG_8830.thumb.jpeg.38d35f26564b0f441e9a3098bf389c54.jpeg

He was actually crowned with St Edwards crown which seems bigger, its the only time he will wear it.  The crown in your pic above is more of an every day state occasion crown and much lighter.

St Edwards crown was made for Charles ll as the original had been melted down by the roundheads after the Civil War 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Edward's_Crown

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations on your King Charles' Coronation today, Sue!  (actually yesterday)  How was your Family Coronation lunch?

I was also impressed with the children...especially with the very long day they had while being involved and on display!

It was lovely thanks,  quite simple and easy to prep before hand.

Our street has a street party this afternoon but we're going up to visit family in South London. 

Well I am ( along with my SIL), Gary has picked up Isaacs cough/cold and as one of our family is in her mid 90s he's now staying at home as doesn't want to pass any viruses onto her

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Graham - I love a Full English!  Especially the baked beans and surprising to me, even the black pudding.  It's one of my favorite (among many) things about visiting England.

I didn’t mind it either.  Toast fried in drippings was good too, but I bet if I listened closely I could hear my arteries hardening a little. I’d take Pauline’s breakfast any day. 

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't think Camilla looked very queenly. I thought she looked rather out of place.

I only saw them on the balcony at the end. It was easy to spot her female relatives as they looked so much like her. 

14 hours ago, sgmn said:

The whole thing is more about him. She actually had a much bigger role than Phillip did in the last coronation 

I thought she looked pretty good, especially sitting ram rod straight at her age and having to cope with the heavy train and crown 

We googled her age compared to the King and it she is just a bit older than him. We also talked about his marriage to Dianna so long ago.  We also Harry being there but not anllowed out on the balcony. 

When you think about how the Royal Balcony plays a role, it’s strangely amazing how things change/evolve over time. The stories the balcony could tell. 

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree. I didn't realize that they gave been married for 18 years now.

Amazing how time flies. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

What an awful comment to make.

The pork happens to be proper butchers sausages.

I believe all comments were made and taken in good faith. It was just that the written forms are perceived differently because they are not spoken. So hopefully all is well and we can move forward with a smile.

• Like 7

I am caught up on reading the board but I may have missed some posts. Have not had a chance to watch the coronation in one piece, but saw it in bits and pieces. Been busy. Movers come on Tuesday for all big items and boxes. Then some hauling away to do of stuff that is unwanted and cannot donate.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Then we were out to see Guardian’s of the Galaxy 3.

What did you think?  We rarely go to the theater anymore.  Only when it's a true block buster movie where the big screen and audio will make a difference (like Top Gun Maverick).  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I guess I have been obsessed with the trees in Hawaii. 

T120230505_113931.thumb.jpg.620c7470bb275c216f662ae81b43a601.jpg

T220230505_113942.thumb.jpg.02f2fb67207c469f24450b6b43bb92fd.jpg

T320230505_114054.thumb.jpg.03e8d5d9875704162263dc75155321ad.jpg

The following I would of thought were good size trees if I didn't see the huge one in Maui.  The one in Maui took up a whole city block. 

T420230505_113508.thumb.jpg.9cb92e2050e6d2edd676245fd3f00ab1.jpg

T5 20230505_115930.jpg

Those trees are bad-ass, in an impressive way!

I think they are showing mankind who is truly boss.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's been discussed here before about how beans (or beans on toast) would be a normal breakfast food for Brits, while it's not normal in the USA.  We also discussed how things like biscuits and gravy or grits are considered normal foods in the USA (especially the south) but completely foreign to Brits.  

I've been to plenty of places where there is a full on spread of cold cuts (lunch meat) with all the fixings for breakfast. Can't remember where but I'm pretty sure most of those places where outside the USA.

Then again, I love having pancakes, waffles & eggs for dinner and on occasion, cold pizza & slightly room temperature pasta for breakfast.  Usually after a very long night. 😇

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

He was actually crowned with St Edwards crown which seems bigger, its the only time he will wear it.  The crown in your pic above is more of an every day state occasion crown and much lighter.

St Edwards crown was made for Charles ll as the original had been melted down by the roundheads after the Civil War 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Edward's_Crown

Not sure how relevant this is, but just to tack on, it was mentioned that Queen Camilla would be wearing Queen Mary's crown but it was a tight fit so it had to be enlarged.  When she was crowned you could see there was a bit of fiddling to make sure it was snug. 

Perhaps that gave the illusion of be bigger?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

What did you think?  We rarely go to the theater anymore.  Only when it's a true block buster movie where the big screen and audio will make a difference (like Top Gun Maverick).  

Honestly, I didn’t like it as much as 1 and 2, but maybe part of it was because they used newer music.  Too many songs from the 2000’s I don’t know.  

• Like 1